Reviews for Thanksgiving, Winchester Style
Nana56 chapter 4 . 12/20/2008
Very nice dinner. Awesome big brother!

Great chapter!
Emerald Eyes of Flame chapter 3 . 12/19/2008
oh migod

this was so sad.. but sweet

bittersweet ending

i loved it
sbgrrl chapter 3 . 12/18/2008
Oh.

*wails*
Vanessa Sgroi chapter 3 . 12/18/2008
Oh, Beth, this-this was just so heartbreaking. I've always been fascinated by little Dean not speaking. And your added bit about him not eating makes sense and is equally enthralling. Nice work.
Vanessa Sgroi chapter 2 . 12/18/2008
Another awesome chapter. (sigh) These beginning chapters are so bittersweet. I love the glimpses of the boys even before they were born.
Floralia chapter 3 . 12/18/2008
You see, this is why the first two were so bittersweet. The grief is palpable. I love the image of them just huddled clinging to each other because John doesn’t really know what else to do. So sad.
necro omen13 chapter 3 . 12/18/2008
I got an update for this and, I'm ashamed to say I must have opened it without realising and then forgotten about it. *hangs head*

But I'm here, I read it, and it's good, so I'm looking forward to more.

:D

necro_omen13
PlatinumRoseLady chapter 3 . 12/17/2008
:...(

*Sniffles*
Aimed mischief chapter 3 . 12/17/2008
Aw, that was so sad! Well done! :D
SophieSaulie chapter 3 . 12/17/2008
Sob...You did a wonderful chronology of the Winchesters early years. The emotions, too, moved with the timing, from joyful, happy, unfettered, to sad, bitter, grief-ridden. Again, you hit all the right notes here and I felt my heart break. It broke with joy and wistfulness with the joy and happiness and then broke again with the unfair tragedy that we now know was inevitable, robbing Dean of his innocence and boyish joy for life, but never taking away the loving, protective big brother that his mother instilled in him. Sigh. Wonderful!
SophieSaulie chapter 2 . 12/17/2008
Okay, HILARIOUS again! You are SO hitting all the right notes with Dean for me. I can so see him being protective and so excited about having a little brother. It would explain a lot about Dean's connection to Sam and how close Mary thought they would be. I love the idea that Sam would react to hearing Dean's voice. There's something ultimately sweet about the idea.

Lovely!
SophieSaulie chapter 1 . 12/17/2008
THIS was HILARIOUS! I can so see Dean being the pie lover that he is from the womb. It was so endearing to think of Dean in Mary's womb, to hear them talk about their first child and first son with normal love and expectation. I LOVE it!
K Hanna Korossy chapter 3 . 12/17/2008
How sad. I think you captured really well the way death taints everything, even neutral pleasures like food, and how enjoying anything seems a betrayal of a lost loved one. Dean's grief was very palpable even without his saying a word. Sad but true.
Thru Terry's Eyes chapter 3 . 12/17/2008
sighs...I knew it would come...
Nana56 chapter 3 . 12/17/2008
John got over that "never broke a promise" thing, didn't he. Huh.

This was heart-wrenching. First fic I've read about the first Thanksgiving after the fire. Very sad to see the intense grief. The picture in my mind of Dean leaning against his dad is beautiful, tho.

Beautifully written, my dear. *sniff*