Reviews for Thanksgiving, Winchester Style
mymuseandi chapter 17 . 8/13/2009
Hi!

I finally had enough time to sit and read the whole 17 chapters of this story and i love it! I love ow you made pie the centrepiece of the story, a link to John and Mary and the brothers. I love that you start Dean's and Sam's first Thanksgiving while Mary was still pregnant. I think that works really well in the story, a sense of cycle of love and thanks that is starting even when they are inside Mary's body.

I cried when i was reading the Stanford years. It was touching, and everything that i thought would happen and more. I'm glad you didn't try to replace Dean with Jess, like some authors did, cuz i think that wherever Sam is, he would still want Dean in his life.

I love that you made Sam and John have the same thoughts. It's eerie, just how much they are alike.
nochickflickmoments chapter 17 . 8/10/2009
Hey there, I’m finally reviewing the last chapter of your beautiful story. I have to say, I’ve already read it once and I liked it, of course, but I haven’t been touched by it, like by the other chapters.

Now, after reading it again, I really loved it, I think not being too involved in the current season development and the whole angst-issues.

This chapter shows us the importance of little things: the soft teasing, the feeling of belonging and the almost carefree interaction between the brothers. There isn’t a lot plot, it’s not overly dramatic or angsty – “Singer’s Salvage” shows us the essence of the whole story: Pie as metaphor for the feeling of home, love and caring, of being together despite the rough situations the brothers, like we all, find themselves in.

So the last chapter of this story lets me hope, in connection with the last scene of season 4, that Sam and Dean can mend their differences, and that you can write another chapter for season 5;-)

Because where there is pie, there is hope, right?

Take care.
Broken Sexed Up Bloody Kitten chapter 17 . 8/7/2009
Totally loved. I've personally never seen anything past season 2, and I don't know if I ever will, because I dunno where to watch them (if you do, send me a message,yeah?).
Aecoris chapter 4 . 7/31/2009
Dean is the greatest big brother ever that this proves it! I could totally see Dean doing something like this for his little brother! Amazing!
Aecoris chapter 3 . 7/31/2009
I never realized how close Thanksgiving would have been to Mary's death. So sad :(
Aecoris chapter 1 . 7/31/2009
“John, there have to be three—no, four—pies here.” The laughter was still in her voice as Mary looked up from counting. Her blue eyes sparkled with amused affection.

HAHA! no wonder Dean's so addicted to pie! :)
Aecoris chapter 2 . 7/31/2009
This one was SO CUTE! I can just imagine a cute little Dean using Sammy to get the pie he wants! Always so sneaky! lol

I loved this quote:

Dean directed a blinding smile at her tummy and patted it gently, whispering, “G’d boy, Sammy. You’re gonna be da bestest wittle brover ever.”

aw!
Aecoris chapter 16 . 7/31/2009
omg i LOVED this one! it was my favorite! it's so heartbreaking but yet so sweet at the same time. you captured what the boys were going through in season 3 so perfectly! i wish they could be close like that again! great idea Sam with the flavored jelly beans! haha
Aecoris chapter 17 . 7/31/2009
Aww i loved this one! It really makes me miss them, and it shows that even through everything that they are still brothers. I hope that season 5 will help repair that brotherly bond. It will either do that or destroy it completly. But I did read in the Supernatural Magazine that both Jared and Jensen said they don't think it would go that far because there would be many angry fans! lol I hope that there will be a season 5 version of this. I love how you tie in pie in every one!
Zions chapter 13 . 7/29/2009
Oh my God, this is awful.

Awful as in: I've been in tears for the last few chapters and could we please abandon canon right about now and give these poor guys a break and reunite them? You are breaking my heart rather skilfully here, but I could really do with some mending...*sniffs pathetically*

*goes on and continues reading expectantly*

Cheers, Z.
Holly Lukeman chapter 13 . 7/15/2009
Stanford always stands out as being a sad time in my mind. No communication between the boys is bad no matter what way you spin it, but this was a really good chapter.

Dean's Thanksgiving holiday may not have been all he wanted, what with his brother and father having both left him, but it made me kind of sad/happy to know that for that little boy and his family, that was probably the best Thanksgiving they've had (minus the kidnapping and near death part). For them, it was everything that Dean rescued the kid.

"...he cleaned out the Impala and organized the trunk." He ORGANIZED the trunk? Sorry, I get what you meant here, but the image of Dean having anything but categorized piles was funny and bit surprising to me.

"Sam was moving on, building a life for himself, but the idea of him joining another family…it left shards in Dean’s soul." Ouch, this one hurt. I ache just thinking about how it would be if my sibling left like that. Yikes.

"But thinking of Sammy enjoying Thanksgiving dinner at one of those houses, sitting inside eating turkey and pie, and part of someone else’s family…it made Dean feel like that nine-year-old kid again, outside in the cold looking in at other people’s happiness. Always on the outside." Geez, way to kick me when I'm down. But no, really, this illustrates so well how Dean must have felt that I can almost see him doing this on the show.

The memories Dean had of when he and Sam were kids were adorable! You had some great imagery there - it was very easy to create a mental picture.

Dean feeling left behind by everyone he ever loved was so sad. I kind of wanted to just hug him. He does seem like the one who is more attached to his family members than the others, but I don't think that's entirely true - I just think he might be more aware of it. Interestingly, I think it's going to be the opposite this upcoming season. The feeling I get is that Dean will be more aloof and Sam will need him so much more. I just hope they realize whatever each of them did, it was because they loved each other. Unlikely, but I can hope, right?

Another great chapter.
ILoveSupernatural chapter 15 . 6/30/2009
Hey there!

Well what do I say about this? Again you have rendered me speechless... *sniffles*

I loved each and every chapter. I loved the one where Sam said that he was thankful for Dean, when he gets the pie for Dean, when Dean reminds Sam that he did celebrate a Thanksgiving with their Mom, when they were both alone when Sam went to Stanford and both missed each other immensly. I just loved them all! Girl you have really made me cry today...

Awesome fic. Loved it. You are one hell of a writer. *stands and applauds*

PS:"he was going to save Sam, if it was the last thing he ever did"

This reminded me of something. I have written a fic called "Last Thing I Do" (my first and only fic so far though I really wanna write a weechester fic) and although its nowhere as good as your fics, I would really appreciate it if you would drop by and read it. Any comments about the fic whatever you feel (even if you feel it was awful and a waste of your time) would be greatly appreciated! Thank you. :-)
Nascarfan14 chapter 17 . 6/28/2009
I took you up on your suggestion and read the story. I enjoyed it very much. The chapters when Sam was at Stanford were the most sad. Chapter 13 with Dean being alone I think was the most sad of them all. I am going to make sure the story is on my list for alerts just in case you do add another chapter or two to it.
Nascarfan14 chapter 2 . 6/24/2009
The first two chapters have been good. Dean hungry even before he gets here and him and Sammy already connecting, too cute. I am still reading the story and am enjoying it so far.
Holly Lukeman chapter 12 . 6/22/2009
Normal Thanksgiving, eh? No salmon soda? No pumpkin pie shake? That's so very sad to me. The two guys just seem... wrong when they're not together. I hope that changes this next season, as much as I've enjoyed the fourth season (sorry, tangent).

Jess seems great. I've always liked her, and the way you've portrayed her more than does her justice. That she's willing to help Sam even when she doesn't (and can't) really understand what's going on - that says a lot in my book.

Oh, Sam. I like how you so clearly showed that even though normal was what Sam wanted, it wasn't right without his family. Family and marriage ans school and kids are all great, but they so don't work as bandaids.

I, too, tend to avoid Stanford stories, but I really liked this one. Great chapter.
734 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 .. Last Next »