Reviews for Thanksgiving, Winchester Style
Holly Lukeman chapter 12 . 6/22/2009
Normal Thanksgiving, eh? No salmon soda? No pumpkin pie shake? That's so very sad to me. The two guys just seem... wrong when they're not together. I hope that changes this next season, as much as I've enjoyed the fourth season (sorry, tangent).

Jess seems great. I've always liked her, and the way you've portrayed her more than does her justice. That she's willing to help Sam even when she doesn't (and can't) really understand what's going on - that says a lot in my book.

Oh, Sam. I like how you so clearly showed that even though normal was what Sam wanted, it wasn't right without his family. Family and marriage ans school and kids are all great, but they so don't work as bandaids.

I, too, tend to avoid Stanford stories, but I really liked this one. Great chapter.
Joby87 chapter 17 . 6/22/2009
Yeah I agree, I think you should do a post-series chappie. Of course mainly based on where the series goes. I'm curious myself. Overall, it was well put-out. I loved each and every chapter. It delved deep into the boy's personalities and emphasized every strength and weakness. Lovely perception of em'. I absolutely loved the importance of pie and the main theme of it in this story and how it proved to be common ground between the boys. Good-golly Beth, awesome awesome awesome. I'm still looking forward for chappie 2 on soul collector. But don't worry take your time. Catch ya later, Joby ;P
Joby87 chapter 14 . 6/22/2009
Wow good symmetry with John in the beginning of the story and his feelings about Mary and now Sam with Jess. Good good good.
Joby87 chapter 13 . 6/22/2009
No matter what, you can't have Dean without Sammy. They're like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Without eachother (the two slices of bread and mix), it just doesn't work. Okay now I'm ready to see them back together. Again awesome job with this Beth. You're writing quality is truly extroadinare. Keep it up!
Joby87 chapter 9 . 6/22/2009
Oh man, I wish Sam was my little brother. Always trying to cheer his big brother up. Kudos Sammy, you rock!
Joby87 chapter 7 . 6/22/2009
Wow. That's all I can really say about this chapter...wow. There's nothing more important than the value of family...and pie. You can't be any more right than that. I loved this chapter too and the bond between the brothers, and John just being John. Stubborn, but yet fatherly. Great job!
Joby87 chapter 6 . 6/22/2009
Ew, the sodas sound gross...but interesting. I gotta find some of those. Those really are made! Hm, great way of incorporating those. I think it went really well with the way Sam was injured. Aw, I'm really enjoying this fic! Alrighty than man, still reading.
Joby87 chapter 4 . 6/22/2009
Aw...awesome, awesome, awesome. Again that was so sweet how Dean practically sacrificed himself again for his little brother. It's true, he is the best big brother ever! Okay, reading on!
Joby87 chapter 1 . 6/22/2009
Hey Beth. I finally got around to this fic...and oh my God, I love this chapter! It was so sweet. I absolutely loved the sequence with Dean's gotta have his pie through Mary. That was very clever. Okay I'm on to the rest of the story. Cheers!
Holly Lukeman chapter 11 . 6/15/2009
Your opening paragraph reminded me immediately that those two boys are so interconnected it's scary. I'm not sure its entirely healthy, but I imagine they'd be a lot worse off if that were not the case.

You write angsty, upset Dean very well. His fear of being alone is pervasive, and it's a pretty large part of who he is. I like that you also show that as much as Sam and Dean may need or want to be with one another, the other person's happiness comes first for them. It may be in a strange, messed up kind of way, but it's there.

This chapter actually reminds me of the fourth season. Dean seems kind of lost and off kilter then, too. He doesn't do well when he can't take care of Sam or at least be around to make sure he's okay.

Good view into John's thoughts. Like all Winchesters, he's a bit delusional when it comes to them being "okay." I'm glad you portray him as a father who's trying to care for his kids, but who is also a little lost as to how that should be done.

Ernest Goes to Camp... wow, I still can't tell if I love those things or if I really don't like them. So hard to tell - it's emotionally draining. :) Oh, and was the "internal dialogue John wasn’t privy to" a Sam and Dean thing or just a Dean thing? It was cute either way.

As always, great work.

Holly
Enkidu07 chapter 9 . 6/14/2009
Here is me vowing not to get too distracted. But this was totally worth the detour! Brilliantly written and and super in character. I especially loved the line: “You got him?” As they switched off staying with dean. Watching his back. Keeping him safe while he was healing up. I love it!
SimplyOut chapter 17 . 6/13/2009
I read this chapter ages ago but I was on my phone and couldn't remember my account's password to comment (it's saved on my pc) and later I just forgot! So, sorry for this delay girl and I want you to know that you are on my alert list and one of the best writers in this fandom! ;)

Now the actual comment! LOL:

Aw! Loved loved loved this ending! And with Bobby no less! One of the best fics I've ever read! So cute and heartwarming! THANKS
Realhuntress chapter 1 . 6/13/2009
Howdy!

Don't know if you got my last message about adding a few chapters of this one to my book project. (been having laptop issues) I'd like to add chap. 1,4,10,16 and 17. well, ok - i'd like to add the whole story, but alas - not enough room.

What do you think?
irismay42 chapter 17 . 6/12/2009
There's was a lot to like about this chapter, but my favourite bit? Bobby calling Sam and Dean "his boys"... Aw...

I really liked that you gave this story a happy ending despite where the boys were in season 4, and I also liked that Dean didn't realise that he could be the reason someone wanted to give thanks - which is so typically in character for Dean.

I've really enjoyed this story and I think you did a great job with all of the characters at every stage in their development. I did wonder whether you'd carry on to season 5 and beyond... You could write a "Sam and Dean Retirement Home Thanksgiving..."!
irismay42 chapter 16 . 6/12/2009
You know, all the way through the first section of this chapter I was virtually shouting at Sam, "But this could be Dean's last Thanksgiving, ya idjit!" Thankfully (no pun intended!) Sam realised that eventually. I liked the little nod to AVSC too!
735 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 .. Last Next »