Reviews for Thanksgiving, Winchester Style
LivingForTv chapter 16 . 6/11/2009
I'm crying again. It's all your fault. He can Sam make the same mistake that John did? It's unbearable.
LivingForTv chapter 15 . 6/11/2009
Save Sam

Crack open the door

John loved chocolate pie

You're an artist a, a, an AUTHOR!
LivingForTv chapter 14 . 6/11/2009
Ah, where shall I begin? You have filled this chapter with the most awesome things. And in wonderful writing to boot! Ok, I love that Sam understands how he his father felt, that redeems John a bit. That Dean has a Sammyometer is only fitting. That he tried to give him space and yet kept coming in to check up on him. God I remember doing that myself on occassion, never letting my sister know I was doing it, yet we both knew I did. That Sam wonders why his bedrooms keep going up in flames. The way you describe the smoldering embers (now THAT'S a great picture, SO true)

The choice of song, one of my favorities, I also always, always listen to the lyrics and try to get things across to people with them, Sam and Dean still sharing a meal the way they always do. "With his usual impeccable timing where his little brother was concerned" is a truly great line. The way Sam has decided to return the favor.

Truly, I can't do you justice here, just know that you have reached out and touched me.
LivingForTv chapter 13 . 6/11/2009
The way you write about the same things going through their minds is great. Just super. I love every minute of reading.
LivingForTv chapter 12 . 6/11/2009
Oh the end is heartbreaking, it really is. And though of course to us, the reader, we feel that Sam should show as much pain now as when he first left. But you don't fall in that trap. People heal and Sam has been gone for almost two years and he has another life. You allowed it to happen. He doesn't feel the pain as intensly anymore. Good show!
LivingForTv chapter 11 . 6/11/2009
"Dean was paying the price for John’s mistake and he hated himself for that as much as anything. But he didn’t know how to help either of them"

Alright, crying for real. Doesn't happen often. Enjoy.
LivingForTv chapter 10 . 6/11/2009
*sobbing too hard to write a review*
LivingForTv chapter 9 . 6/11/2009
"It took so little to make Dean happy."

Yeah. That's our Dean alright. Remember Folsom Prison Blues? The way he happily and comfortably slides into most situations? I have always loved that carefree feature of his. And I also love the switch-off here, with John and Sam trading places. And the brotherly banter at the end. Oh, you are the QUEEN of this!
LivingForTv chapter 8 . 6/11/2009
You are seriously breaking my heart *shushed voice* The line with his tough-as-nails twenty year old son... oh how that must have hurt him! Darn Marines! Darn guys who won't ask for help! This was such a wonderful idea and elegantly written. I am honored to be allowed to read it!
LivingForTv chapter 7 . 6/11/2009
*sighs happily* I just love it, Thankgsgiving, Winchester Style. You weren't lying, were you? This is so good, I will have to put it among my favorites. And John being as good a father as he can. Well, this year they are together if only because he can't move. *sniff*
LivingForTv chapter 6 . 6/11/2009
"Dean always made a point to remember things that were important to Sam."

Ah! You should send this to Kripke, you really should! It's positive, uplifting and SUCH a sweet side of Dean and Sam! I don't even care that John isn't there, he made sure his kids were alright before he left. This is DEANSOME!
LivingForTv chapter 5 . 6/11/2009
Aw, does Sammy know the way to Dean's heart or what? He said exactly the right things, didn't he? Well done! A joy to read!
LivingForTv chapter 4 . 6/11/2009
As long as the boys stay positive nothing is as bad as it could be. You did a great job here, and so did Dean:-)
LivingForTv chapter 3 . 6/11/2009
Wow! I love John's thoughts on this. This is the John we know and love. And dark and ashen - those words as a theme is GREAT! I can feel their pain, I really can.
irismay42 chapter 15 . 6/7/2009
More nice mirroring going on between this chapter and the previous one, Dean's grief at losing his dad contrasting nicely with Sam's at losing Jess. There's a lot in here that's quite prefigurative of things to come - Dean not feeling worthy of John's sacrifice, not being able to live without Sam, determined to save Sam at all costs. If only the poor guy knew things were about to get a lot worse...
731 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 .. Last Next »