Reviews for Mass Effect: The Choices We Make
He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Lame chapter 3 . 12/15/2008
Interesting stuff, looking forward to further chapters. you've managed to capture the humanity of the moments rather well. Despite the harsh training and tough exterior that Shepard portrays (no matter the backround) it shows that you are still human when you can greive like that. As a soldier myself I can easily relate to the third chapter, having often thought about a similar scenerio myself.
Fegli chapter 3 . 12/14/2008
So I read the first chapter last night JUST after I had finished the events of Noveria for the third or fourth time, so I could picture it pretty much clear as day, so basically what I'm trying to say is that I loved your description of that one, even if I NEVER go the renegade route with the Rachni Queen. But I liked your version of Shepard's reasoning for killing her.

And the last one struck a chord with me to, because it's exactly why Ashley is becoming my favourite crew member. Apart from being MAD useful in combat, she tells you all these things about her family... and I honestly don't know how anyone has the heart to kill her unless they're going for the Paramour achievement.

So anyway, great job with these! I really liked them!
The Man In The Alley chapter 3 . 12/13/2008
Some heavy stuff here, especially in the last chapter. The first part was a good look inside the head of Renegade Shepard and why she'd make one of the bigger choices you're allowed to make, but as your story lacks any real errors on the technical side, and nothing popped up to pull me out of the story, I had no idea what I was going to say in a review.

Likewise to a certain extent with the genophage chapter. The major difference here is that you addressed a large problem with Virmire that I've also felt would've been better if done differently. And the roaring tension between Wrex, Shepard and Ash was incredibly palpable, even as you branched away from the game.

But the third chapter was a complete asspunch to me. I would never, never in all the times I've played this game and all of the potential story ideas I've had from it, considered this reasoning. I guess if I see a pretty girl, even if she's CG, and she's with another girl, I'm always going to assume lesbian, and despite the wonderful movies that begin to play in my head and my heart, your explanation for her decision to save Ash was wonderful to me.

Mostly because it surprised me, but in part because it was nonsensical. The dots in Alice's reasoning don't connect for me, and I think that's the point. She didn't make the smart or tactical decision a commander or spectre makes. She chose just the way a frightened, pushed-beyond-the-limits human would. Beautiful.