Reviews for Fool's Game
WhiteTigerLilly chapter 1 . 1/2/2009
I feel... emotional reading this.

I keep telling myself the same thing. STOP loving him. If he can't love you for you anymore, than he isn't worth it.
zainab88 chapter 1 . 12/27/2008
good and great as usuall,

"she didn’t know why, but she felt tears working their way down her face as her hands formed themselves into tight fists. Why did things have to work out so badly? Fersen thought Oscar the “man” was beautiful, hiding her feminine side, and André thought that Oscar the “woman” was beautiful. Fersen was unattainable, even though he recognized her beauty—if it could be called that—when she wore a military jacket. André was attainable, but he only recognized her beauty—if it could be called that—when she wore a dress."((very good description,its just as you live in her mind))

"“It’s not safe on the road at night"( oh babe,he was soo worried for his love ))

""“I think I like you better without the dress""(( why andre is soo wise ))i love u andre

""“Well, I almost didn’t believe Granny when she said that you would be wearing one. It’s just not you, if that makes any sense.”""((thats normal say from andre,he knew her more than she knew herself))

and thank u soo much
loulou.k chapter 1 . 12/14/2008
Good morning Manna!

It took me for ever to read this 'fic and review-sorry-_

*sigh* I too sigh to many times while reading this, I always felt that Oscar wearing a dress in a very exiting thought even for her, I don't think that this idea just came to her mind suddenly, she thought of it before but she maybe didn't dare not to mention that she couldn't, but taking that decision showed how desperate she was in love with Fersen, how much she needed to feel herself as a woman in Fersen's eyes…just to dance with him !and how romantic she was despite her cold look….that was very obvious in her words when she run away from the ball…oh, my! I am trembling as if it was me who is in love and standing in front of the man I love wondering if he could see me as a woman, as a beautiful girl, could he hear the sound of my heart's stroke as I do, is he thought of me like I do, is there anything make him remember me…..yes I may do anything to have answers for that and then I'll feel relive no matter what the answers would be…love makes us do foolish things we regret on them later and curse ourselves…Oscar did that…Andre did that….*sigh*

Anyway! You could say that I was waiting for this 'fic , Oscar's thoughts just minutes after the ball, and it was too perfect…okay. I'll start from the beginning.

(What would he have said if she had asked to dance with him and she had been wearing a dressy military uniform instead?... She could almost see his eyes crinkle in the corners as he laughed, amused. “Nice one, Oscar,” he might say)Wow, I would like to see that, would you gave it a shot?

Ah, I liked how you made her walk alone to think….and she ruined her dress with dirt and torn! Oh, that has too many meanings.

(Fersen thought Oscar the “man” was beautiful, hiding her feminine side, and André thought that Oscar the “woman” was beautiful. Fersen was unattainable, even though he recognized her beauty—if it could be called that—when she wore a military jacket. André was attainable, but he only recognized her beauty—if it could be called that—when she wore a dress.) that was beautiful thoughts and it's true….Fersen didn't tell her that she was beautiful, but he said she reminds him of someone-a manly woman-damn! How he could be soo stupid telling a woman in his arms that, a woman everyone was talking how beauty she is and he, himself, couldn't resist himself from asking her to dance with him!

(she told herself. She could have André, though, couldn’t she? He had told her to her face that she was beautiful, but she had been wearing the dress. Did he think that she was beautiful without the dress, though?) YES HE DID, remember after the bar fight, oh yes, you was almost faint!

I liked the comparing you did between the two guys….but this(One unavailable, the other very much available) made a smile on my face _

(She blinked and sighed again, trying to wipe her eyes with the outer layer of her dress) oh, she seemed so crackly here *sniff*

(If she had been wearing her uniform, she would not have thought twice about staying on the side of the road in plain view of everyone who happened by, but for some reason, wearing a dress made her feel insecure, and she wondered if she should hide) oh, my! Yestarday – from long times ago-I wore a skirt at work, and I really, really felt that insecure sense and I cursed myself too!...only if I saw Andre at the road*sigh*

(“Oscar!” he exclaimed, one hand covering his heart)AwW! My heart! what a lovely thought, you made him appear from no where to look for her while she was thinking of him…AwW!

(“The carriage came back without you… We were all worried sick!”)We? Don't you mean I Andre?

(“You know I can’t let you walk while I ride. It wouldn’t be right.”…She wanted to cry, but even though tears filled her eyes, she refused to let them fall. Crying over one man in one evening was more than enough, wasn’t it? She had let Fersen go, and André was all that she had left. She couldn’t let him go, too. Not André) Oh, Manna! That….that was soo touching, if only Andre could guess whet she was thinking of and why here tears were about to fall again he wouldn't ask her to ride, he would carry her immediately -without baying any attention to her protests- till home.

She could let Fersen because he left her, but she can't leave Andre even if she wanted to because he won't leave her for any reason.

(One. Only one dance. She wasn’t very good at dancing like a woman, but at least she hadn’t tripped) oh yes, you tripped! And HE HELD YOU x_X

(“But you won’t accept a ride home. What did I do?” He almost sounded offended, maybe a little hurt) again, AwW...is it me or Oscar feeling so tender to Andre this night?

(She stopped in her tracks, nearly making him run into her, and whirled around, wrapping her arms around him. She couldn’t stop herself. I like myself better without the dress, too, she thought to herself, burying her face in his neck. I don’t like feeling fake. I don’t like trying to be someone I’m not.) o_O she hugged him, really? or it’s just my English again?

(“You don’t like wearing them?” he asked teasingly, swinging up behind her)Ah! This is too mush! They…he and she….she with a dress between his arms, and he….on one horse, riding to home! Oh, I can't breathe…

(“Yes.” She felt his arms brush her sides accidentally as he flicked the reins slightly, making Chevis go faster. “Oscar, if someone can’t see you for you—on any old day, I mean—they’re not worth going to so much trouble for.”) I don’t know what I like most in those lines, Andre's arms sides "accidentally" around her, or his "definitive" words to her…maybe saying that while he was behind her, whispering with tender, as she was feeling so easy to break that night and she needed to hear a comforting word.

(A slight squeeze, an awkward hug. It almost made her feel better. “I knew he wouldn’t.”) I am blushing _…she put the dress for a man to feel his arms around her,but here she is now, feeling another man's arms "hug" and that making her feel more comfortable….but then who said " I knew he wouldn’t.”?

Oh, the ending reminded me of you last 'fic "Just Realize" it looks the same….I think here too she realized who loves her as she are, maybe she didn't know it was love but at least she know now who is appreciate her as the person she is…without fake.

Oh, and too bad I don't know the song, but I know one could match Andre's words-thoughts- Breathless by Shayne Ward do you know it?

Manna, I really loved this one, but I still hope I would see Fersen's thought too one day.

Kisses,

Loulou
Kasia.T chapter 1 . 12/14/2008
Hello Manna,

It’s great that you decided to write about Oscar and Andre after the ball. I have always wondered why he didn’t go there with her. Obviously, he couldn’t do it officially because it would have disclosed her secret but... he could have followed her secretly. Hey, and as far as I remember he did that in the live action movie and then confessed his love at the fountain.

Anyway, back to the topic, the scene of the dance with Fersen and the 'fic remind me of „Cindrella” a little bit. Oscar is the „Misterious Princess” and she runs away from the ball and her „Prince Charming”. And then, by walking in the dirty road she loses her beauty (the external one) and becomes Cindrella again. And she doesn’t realize that it’s not the man she left on the ball that should be her Prince Charming but the man who will find her on that dirty road.

Next, when she says that she made all that fuss only for one dance and she’ll never wear a dress again... that reminds me of a song by Sara Connor: „Just one last dance". Hm, she’s a European singer and you might not know her but the chorus of the song is:

Just one last dance

Before we say goodbye

When we sway and turn round and round and round

It's like the first time

Just one more chance

Hold me tight and keep me warm

Cause the night is getting cold

And I don't know where I belong

Just one last dance

But apart from all those things mentioned above this 'fic made me really irritated. And angry with Oscar for her silly thoughts. Here are some examples:

[André had said that she was beautiful.

Not the woman in the military uniform, but the one in the dress.] Oh, no Oscar. How mistaken you are! You are beautiful to Andre in anything you wear. Even if it was only a rag. Why don’t you see that? Why can’t you notice the adoration in his eyes whenever he looks at you?

[André was attainable, but he only recognized her beauty—if it could be called that—when she wore a dress.] Oh, no, she’s doing it again! What unfair words! How can she think like that about Andre.? I wish I could stop her on that road and shake her strongly: „Wake up, silly! Open your eyes! Open your heart!”

[Did he think that she was beautiful without the dress, though?] How can you even ask? Ah, I’m so angry with you, Oscar.

[Was he only there with her now because she was wearing a dress?] Enough! I don’t want to read such questions anymore!

[He’d never say that about her on a normal day.] Of course he wouldn’t. He wouldn’t because he was perfect in hiding his feelings. Only this one time – seeing her in a dress – he was so struck by her beauty that he could’t stop those words from escaping his mouth. And now, he’s being punished for that. It’s not fair.

Finally, there comes the worried Andre... That reminded me of the anime scene when he finds Oscar coming back from Fersen to give her a blanket to prevent her from soaking in the rain. He always knows when she needs him and how to find her. His presence calms me down and I’m not so angry anymore, hehehehe. And it seems that he calms Oscar as well. Even though, at the beginning she’s so mean for him.

[She had let Fersen go, and André was all that she had left. She couldn’t let him go, too. Not André.] Oh, that was beautiful! Finally... finally she comes back to her senses.

[She stopped in her tracks, nearly making him run into her, and whirled around, wrapping her arms around him. She couldn’t stop herself. I like myself better without the dress, too, she thought to herself, burying her face in his neck. I don’t like feeling fake. I don’t like trying to be someone I’m not] How sweet! I can almost imagine Andre’s astonished face on that.

[“Oscar, if someone can’t see you for you—on any old day, I mean—they’re not worth going to so much trouble for.”] Perfect words. Oh, Andre, you’re so wise and reasonable.

[“He didn’t recognize me,” she told him quietly, leaning back against him in defeat.

A slight squeeze, an awkward hug. It almost made her feel better. “I knew he wouldn’t.”] Oh, leaning against Andre... What is she looking in Fersen for when she has the best man in the world to lean on?

In conclusion, the fact that I was so irritated doesn’t mean that I did’t enjoy the fic. On contrary, I loved it. I hope you know that, Manna... Hehehehe...

Kisses and hugs,

Kasia
Xirysa chapter 1 . 12/13/2008
Really. Oscar's so dense sometimes, it's ridiculous.

OF COURSE ANDRE THINKS THAT SHE'S BEAUTIFUL. And not just because of the dress, either.

Personally, I always hate how Fersen makes Oscar feel about herself, especially after the ball. Way to make an already semi-confused woman feel even worse, dude.

And oh... Andre... He would be worried sick, wouldn't he? And Granny, too.

This was lovely, dearie. I look forward to more 'fic (and some RP, too.)

[Xirysa]
Saalinge chapter 1 . 12/13/2008
Another great story! Your fics have been consistently awesome as of late.

"...if someone can’t see you for you—on any old day, I mean—they’re not worth going to so much trouble for.” Love that. It's very "moral of the story"-ish, but it's a good lesson. Unfortunately, when in love, people tend to forget about that. :D

"He didn't recognize me...I knew he wouldn't" Ah! I adored that bit of dialogue. It's so sweet, and it sounds just like a conversation that the two of them would have. I just love intimate moments like that.

Also, I was really intrigued to see you write about Oscar's thoughts on Andre calling her "beautiful". She was harsh, but that's probably what she was thinking at the time. You just never that kind of thing being written (in English fic, anyway).

Well done.