Reviews for The Prince and the Cygnet
UncleMeg chapter 1 . 2/5/2015
SnowingOnCupcakes chapter 1 . 1/10/2014
This was beautiful. You wrote Snape perfectly!
yay chapter 1 . 2/3/2012
I feel so sorry for him now...
Vera Rozalsky chapter 1 . 11/26/2009
I think that you've done a good job in presenting Snape's Death Eater side, which many fan-fiction writers forget in their admiration for the morally-ambiguous double agent. Yes, the man is in pain, but he chooses to pass that pain on to others. I've always been appalled by his treatment of Neville (including the scene-I forget in which book-in which he proposes to use the hapless Trevor as a lab animal). It's really stupid to make someone clumsier in a lab setting, where clumsiness can have lethal consequences. Your reading of the relationship between Neville and Hermione, as seen through Snape's eyes, is quite convincing.

Neville becomes an excellent teacher precisely because he's struggled, and he refuses to pass his own suffering on to other people. On the other hand, to be fair, Snape didn't have anyone who really cared for him; Hermione was a far more impassioned defender of Neville than Lily was for Snape. I think it quite plausible that Snape would see this and feel jealous.

It's always illuminating to look at your favorite characters through the eyes of a hostile witness. (After many attempts at visualizing Hermione's parents, I got them by taking Draco's POV in the one time they appear in canon-in the bookshop scene in 'Chamber of Secrets.') While there are likely other layers to Snape's apparent hatred of Neville-including class and regional animosities-I think you've done a great job in suggesting another face of it.
Madame Wilhelmina chapter 1 . 1/13/2009
I agree with MQ on Snape, he is a bit over the top. Aside from that, really nice work. I love your description of Bellatrix. My favorite part though had to be Neville standing up for poor Hugo. Good for Neville. It shows that he is a far more mature man than Snape could ever be. Overall, very good work.

Oh, by the way, not to advertise my story or anything but I wrote a oneshot recently involving all of the trio members called Reflect. There is no real romance just friendship and a bit of angst thrown in for good measure. I'm trying to get reviews for it so I was wondering if you'd mind reading it. If you don't want to, I understand though.
NevemTeve chapter 1 . 12/14/2008
Well, it is not easy to find the good parts in Snape's souls, mainly because there is not any...

Great story anyway, well done.
Matt Quinn chapter 1 . 12/13/2008
Although I think your portrayal of Snape is a bit, well, over the top, you certainly do come up with some really clever things for him to say and think.

Interesting title, BTW.