Reviews for Christmas Whisperings
maripaz6 chapter 1 . 9/11
The verse Lucy sings...wow. I never thought to compare Jesus with Aslan, but now that you've pointed it out, it's crystal clear. Great oneshot thanks! :)
Aviendhaphiragon chapter 2 . 7/11
Excellent story! Good or Susan. I have always been so sad about her drifting away.
ShakNali chapter 2 . 4/26
This one brought tears to my eyes. Well done!
WriterGirl7673 chapter 2 . 3/6/2015
This is brilliant. It made me teary-eyed.
Cyn2K chapter 2 . 11/26/2014
Oh, that was beautiful! Thank you!
crotia chapter 2 . 2/23/2014
That was wonderfull.
crotia chapter 1 . 2/23/2014
Yeah and that was obvious. The scene you wrote was almost tangible
Frodo's sister chapter 2 . 11/18/2013
Good story of the Pervensie father witnessing his children give a Narnian ceremony. He noticed that they all changed when he returned from the war and now he knows why.
Alpha Centarus chapter 2 . 9/27/2013
absolutely beautiful...
Epsilon Scorpii chapter 2 . 8/23/2013
This is a very beautiful Christmas scene you have painted indeed, especially how you bring out the true meaning of Christmas. Thank you for writing this! :)
Guest chapter 2 . 6/13/2013
This made me cry...now I'm all sad, but happy at the same time. This doesn't usually happen to me.
Haiza Tyri chapter 2 . 10/31/2012
This second chapter gave me the chills, and tears. What a magnificent and truly theological ritual. Peter's and Edmund's parts I liked particularly.
Haiza Tyri chapter 1 . 10/31/2012
I'm so glad there's someone else who gets chills from Christmas carols. "Oh Come, Oh Come, Emmanuel" always does it for me.
I like how you've translated the love for Aslan into the "real world," especially in Edmund.
eirenical chapter 2 . 10/21/2012
I will be the first to admit that, though I love the books, I'm not entirely comfortable with the allegorical nature of the Chronicles of Narnia. I'm not Christian and sometimes the obvious Christian references make me uneasy, so when I saw this fic going in that direction, I nearly stopped reading.

I'm glad I didn't. This was a lovely story and I thought it was beautiful how the Pevensies kept at least one of their Narnian traditions. I could almost imagine them enacting this scene in the Great Hall of Cair Paravel or in the courtyard outside in years before. I loved how Mr. Pevensie was the one to narrate this and what he saw in Susan (who I always felt got a really bad rap in the books). I also loved how she came with her siblings and participated, though you could tell she was afraid of what it meant. This was a wonderful story and filled me with such warmth and comfort to read, so I'm glad I didn't stop partway through. Thank you for writing it!
Soului chapter 1 . 10/9/2012
I agree. 'What Child is This?' Is one of my absolute favorites as well. Actually, a few years ago my mom (who is also my church's choral conductor) found a choral arrangement that has 'What Child is This?' as it's base and it automatically became my favorite choir song ever.

It's called 'Child of the Poor'. Here's a link if you want to check it out.

watch?vn5y1wikdqjQ

P.S. I posted the link from my iPad, so if it doesn't work you could just search YouTube. The video by Instik Baguio is probably the closest to how I've heard it sung.