Reviews for Underworld
Kay Kay chapter 7 . 4/28
Woah that was an awesome story! Loved how you described the underground area and the people living there. I'm not from the States and have never heard of them before, so that was really intersting for me to read. And I absolutely LOVED how you wrote all the difficulties and painful memories/situations Dean had to endure. Especially when Dean, after his kidnapping, couldn't recognise that he wasn't in hell anymore was really heart-wrenching! Also Dean's PTSD was very well-written and my heard was bleeding for him - especially in the last chapters! I liked that you had Cas involved as well and that he was helping Dean. Great story! xx
Laura chapter 8 . 3/30
I just rediscovered this, many years later, obviously.

It is still so, so good, still relevant, and makes me so nostalgic for the earlier seasons of the show.

Thanks.
littlenightbirdy chapter 8 . 2/23
Amazing story, im in love with it
sbcarri chapter 8 . 10/4/2015
I loved this fic I could easily see it being a filler between those two episodes. You portrayed all the characters perfectly and I loved the role reversal between Sam and Dean
hunenka chapter 8 . 5/25/2015
A brilliant fic. Interesting case with great descriptions of the setting and the situations, cool OCs, the story was incredibly vivid and suspenseful (that part where Sam and Dean watched the wall painting show them what happened - I don't think I even breathed reading it), and least but not last, you have such a great grasp of Sam and Dean.

It was such a joy to read this story, now I'm only a little sad that it's not an actual episode :)

But seriously, you're an amazing writer. Thank you for sharing this with us!
Jade Ice Fire chapter 8 . 3/6/2015
I have never read a more perfect story in my life. If you aren't a writer you should be. It was hard for me to read this, especially in the latter chapters as I am dealing with some major issues myself that, while not as harsh as surviving actual hell, sure gives me a run for my money. Your words have pushed me to seek counseling so you need to know you have helped someone with your story. I am grateful there are people like you out there, pushing hope instead of dope kind of thing. :-) Good luck with everything in the future and stay awesome! Jade
lynnstar chapter 8 . 1/9/2015
I know you don't write fanfiction for Supernatural anymore and don't even know if you'll get this review so long after it was printed, you might not even be on any longer, but had to tell you how much I loved 'Underworld'. The setting and the case were so riveting, you set up the atmosphere just perfectly. I loved the details, so interesting, a bit of history, and just enough information to understand and find interest in the story, but not so much that you zone out from detail overload. I've read a few of your other stories and I love the way you interpret the characters and circumstances afterwards, it adds such depth to the story. I won't go on and on, not knowing if you'll get this review, but kudos to you and your writing talent.
Anonymous chapter 7 . 7/15/2014
The bathroom scene was fantastic. Very simple, very sweet. Skillfully wrought and worded. Cas was portrayed perfectly. I can see how the scene was once set apart, though it definitely wedges itself in with the rest of the story. As a side note, I love how Dancy actually worked out as an ally. That's always fun having someone who can believe them.
frozen-delight chapter 8 . 4/14/2014
This was a tremendously fascinating read. I liked your look at Sam and Dean's relationship, the descriptions of their surroundings were most vivid and the attention you paid to detail absolutely remarkable. It made this feel like reading a real novel.
Thank you for writing and sharing this marvellous story.
Guest chapter 8 . 3/20/2014
Should be sleeping but I had to finish your story. It will be a long day tomorrow on so little sleep but I just couldn't put your story down. Great story!
Guest chapter 8 . 1/14/2014
You likely won't read this, but I just wanted to say that I loved your story. The detail and thought you put into plot, characterization, and setting was just amazing, and reading your afterward really made me appreciate how much research went into different aspects of the story. Your treatment of the characters was really well developed. You really explored Dean's PTSD in depth in a way that felt authentic, and I liked how you portrayed Sam's desire to step up in order to help Dean but uncertainty as to how. I particularly loved the setting and atmosphere of the story. You worried that you didn't capture the city's spirit, but I found that to be what you did best. The tunnels under New York made for a perfect setting, and the descriptive passages weaved an atmosphere of tension, neglect, and unease. I loved how you incorporated real urban legends and aspects of the city's history. I felt like you gave an honest and nuanced look at the gritter, less seen side of the city. I almost never review, but this story was so well crafted that I wanted to say something. I hope you keep writing!
Jenasis chapter 8 . 8/3/2013
You probably won't read this, but I LOVE YOUR STORY! IT'S AMAZING! I think you portrayed Dean really accurately and I loved how you portrayed him and Sam. I was hoping that you would have had them talk about hell even if it was just a little bit. Otherwise keep up the good work:D
ImpalaLove chapter 7 . 8/3/2013
Wow! I don't usually read the longer stories on here, but this one gripped me right away. You have an awesome writing style that really manages to capture the voices of all of your characters. Bringing Cas in at the end was fantastic, I loved this whole paragraph:

"Give yourself time. Let yourself be helped. You were gone for a lifetime. Too many changes below, too many changes up here. You cannot expect yourself to be the same; to be just as unfazed, as fit, as fearless. If you are weary, rest. If you are ill, stop. If you stumble, let people catch you. If you fall, let them give you a hand. If your mind is shaken, speak of it, let yourself be heard, and let yourself be consoled."

Beautifully, beautifully done. This is definitely going in my "favorites"
shookenuppepsi chapter 8 . 2/14/2013
Wow. You an utterly fantastic author. Seriously, honest to god, you have talent. I can see this easily being an officially sanctioned Supernatural novel. My favorite bits include when Dean realizes that Sam went through his own sort of Hell and Sam reveals some of the depressed moments he had (the M&Ms got me). Also, that Cas is actually somewhat of a messenger of God. In the show, the angels are either dicks or just plain confused, but I liked that Cas was actually confident in his role as a mentor and helper of mankind, saints and sinners. I just wanted to give Dean a hug the entire time, but I loved the realism of Sam needing to help, to get through to his brother, and just not knowing how.
Guest chapter 2 . 11/9/2012
Calling each other "bro" a lot is a little distracting because they don't really do that, but I can look past it because the characters and writing is excellent. Yes, I'm steadily hitting your fics tonight. ;)