Reviews for I Don't Need You, Cloud Strife
NinjaxSketcheartx chapter 1 . 3/19/2014
Now, the fact that Tifa doesn't often speak directly about her feelings for Cloud makes this fic amazing. Not only did you portray her well but you wrote her perspective in a way that seemed just right. It fit her perfectly and you didn't overdo anything. Fantastic piece of work; truly pleasant to read :)
Blue Aidelle chapter 1 . 2/7/2014
THIS IS TOO GOOD.
Matrix Taylor chapter 1 . 1/23/2013
I love the way you wrote this. It's practically a tear jerker :) Keep up the good work!

M.T.
Aki no Ryu chapter 1 . 1/22/2013
Looove it! Very deep and strong. Very Tifa. I love how your fics explain so much of her and Cloud's motivations for what they do and how they are toward each other. This particular one makes Tifa so much more believable why she's so faithful and trusting of Cloud. Like you so eloquently said, she doesn't need him but she still wants him.
keyblader41996 chapter 1 . 1/8/2013
beautiful. just beautiful.
A Passerby chapter 1 . 7/4/2011
I like your style of writing, and I like that you tried to portray Tifa as a strong character. However, the "I don't need you" concept lis rather cold. Just because she's stronger than ever and doesn't need him to define herself or survive doesn't mean that she doesn't need him for other reasons. Who wants to be with someone who doesn't need you around?
ayannaaki chapter 1 . 8/11/2010
...wow... you really caught Tifa's feelings. I believe this is exactly how Tifa feels... Thankyou :)
Rose Crowess chapter 1 . 11/27/2009
YES! This is what I would expect from Tifa. She's strong and independent, and that's why I love her character. I get frustrated reading so many 'fics where Tifa is so lost and broken without Cloud and just can't go on anymore.. Of course, it's understandable for her to have a few moments of weakness, Cloud moves really freaking slow, it's a lot for a girl to take lol but this, overall, is the Tifa I'm familiar with.

(Sorry, third review in a row lol I can't help it, your stories kick ass! )
cherrypudding chapter 1 . 7/23/2009
That was beautiful, absolutely perfect.

I can really see Tifa in this writing; I can feel her presence as if this was actually written by a FF writer. Which means you have managed to adopt the traits of a FF writer. Or maybe it just comes naturally for you.

Lucky one.

Also I love the fact that you can write so much and at the same time incorporate so much meaning and depth into a story, whether it be just a thought exploration.

Good job, and I look forward to more Cloud/Tifa fics from you - cause whether you just started writing or not, I can say you must be among the better Cloti authors.

Cherry
Bleeding-lily chapter 1 . 7/12/2009
Oh my God. It's like sitting in Tifa's head. This is amazing, and very true to Tifa's character. She's not bitter. She's hopeful. I loved the crying scene. Tifa may be a strong martial artist who always puts everyone else first, but strong people need to cry too.

Good job!
Falynn chapter 1 . 6/16/2009
*sniffles* Beautiful...

And only 8 reviews? Testament to life's unfairness. I've read stuff with 20x the reviews that would shrivel up and blacken next to your...your...your burning piece of raw awesomeness.

Tifa's hero, focal point of her life. Nothing's more beautiful than an anguished hero who unsuspectingly succeeds at what he thinks he's failed at. A bit sad though...he definately has a complex.

Every time Tifa mentions Aerith as a rival, I wonder:

Do you think Cloud without the dead Zack/"his living legacy", the Zack-identity-confusion, and the mako-drunkeness would have ever developed romantic feelings for Aerith (if Zack didn't exist)?

Do you think he ever did (in the game, complete with his messed-up-ness)? Even a little bit?

I do wonder...
amethyst-key chapter 1 . 5/26/2009
Absolutely amazing.

Wow. It's... absolutely superb.

You have perfectly captured Tifa. You've shown her strength, her weakness, her love for her family, her love for Cloud... everything.

So, bravo. This is definately a favorite.
VanillacookiesxD chapter 1 . 5/9/2009
Aww! This piece is written so well! I loved how you express the emotion through this one-shot. I felt so touch while reading this, I swear I almost weeped. My heart lifted when I was reading. I loved it :D Thanks for writing!
LatteJazz chapter 1 . 4/19/2009
Incredibly insightful as to Tifa's personality and I marvel at all of the paradox! Never occured to me that geostigma might be a lethal disease; looking at it that way really turns the tables and Tifa's thoughts fit perfectly into the niche that leaves... A light is exactly what she is. T me Tifa has always represented the optimism and hope amidst the storms of oppression and I think you captured that well. Now every time Tifa's lecturing Cloud in the movie, I'm sure I'll be chewing on this fic as I could practically hear Tifa's voice throughout it.

Favorite line: It just keeps going and you have to stumble over what you thought was supposed to be the end and keep going too.
Sekihara Tae chapter 1 . 4/12/2009
So I was systematically working my way through FFVII fanfic, and found this little gem. It's gorgeous. I adore it. I'm going to add it to the reclist I've compiled on my livejournal.

Thanks for writing it! )

Only one little thing caught my eye. You use "failable" and it should be "fallible". Hope you don't mind my pointing it out.