Reviews for Trade
Blissaster chapter 8 . 10/12/2009
Wow! Just... wow! How could you make Norman as the good guy here? Man, that's cool! Love it, please update soon! And make another Peter/Harry story? The pair needs more love I guess. But then again, most of this pair stories are yours. Oh, well... I am only suggesting.
lethedrop chapter 8 . 4/18/2009
This is fascinating! And also very creepy. I think what interests me most is the exploration of how familiar characters might have become different people if their lives had been different. For example, if Peter is estranged from his relatives, and hasn't had the life experience of "with great power comes great responsibility" that shapes him in the comics, will it make a significant difference in his personality?

The alternate universe feels nice and complex to me, and I look forward to reading more.
Aayla Security chapter 8 . 3/17/2009
I like the way you're going with the story. Since the moral of the story, it seems, is not the one I suggested but something quite different yet more dramatic, it is more than all right with what you're doing! Also, it appears Peter wouldn't be able to use his powers once he got rid of the Symbiote (sp?), if he ever tried to, so getting rid of it would be much, much harder. "Uh oh" for poor Peter and Harry.
Revertigo chapter 8 . 3/15/2009
Yay new chapter! :D I really liked how you made Peter experience basically the same thing Harry does in the movies when Norman dies.
Aayla Security chapter 7 . 3/10/2009
I have to admit that I'm a bit surprised that (a breathing) Norman was suddenly out of the picture, since he seemed such an important character in most of your other stories - but I welcome the change. :D I was kind of tired of seeing him, anyway; the guy is EVERYWHERE. Just curious, though, since his interaction with Harry in the last chapter was unsettling, according to Peter, does it mean he still has a role to play in the future?

And please don't give Peter his own powers! Some of my favorite superhero stories (in series such as Ultraman, She-Ra, etc.) are stories about how the heroes lost their powers, and had to deal with super-human-level difficulties armed with nothing but their wits, knowledge, determination and conscience. Call me sappy, but I like stories where it's shown that you don't necessarily need physical superpowers to be a hero. This is just me, however. I realize this is very hard to write (let alone being stretched into a 20-word story), and that's why I don't write it myself. :p

I also wish you don't really tap too deep into that fatalism theme - how something will always end up being the same (in relevant ways) despite how the protagonists try to change it. On one level, some of that fatalism theme is needed, because it corresponds with how we perceive the world (correctly or incorrectly); on the other, it can be frustrating when, in bad fatalism, bad things happen for no reason other than forcing the events into the tragic direction (Final Destination 2, 3, 4 - ugh). Personally, I'd be sad that even after Peter's sacrifice (or is it?), everything still ended up the same.

This is my last demand now (really!): could you make this story more fast-paced? Character development is essential, but it doesn't need to necessarily detract from events that push the plot forward happening relatively rapidly (to keep my short attention span), right? I'm thinking of V for Vendetta (the film!) here.

Okay okay, I will go away now. XD Don't mind me if those demands are really unreasonable! Please keep writing, because this story really has the potential of becoming one of the best Spider-Man stories ever!
justanotherfangirl35 chapter 7 . 3/7/2009
Wow. This is a great story. I just found this, thought the summary was interesting and have to admit read the chapters you have up in one sitting. Just have a quick question: is Stark going to become an important character later/now in the story? He just seems to keep popping up! lol _

Can't wait to see the next chapter!
Revertigo chapter 7 . 3/3/2009
You have some really good stories and this is definitely one of them. Update soon!
Soren Kierkegaard chapter 6 . 2/21/2009
great story please continue
angelsdawn1004 chapter 6 . 2/8/2009
Great story! Look forward to the next chapter!
Aayla Security chapter 5 . 1/14/2009
I'm really looking forward to the next chapter. I think this is certainly one of the most interesting stories you've put out there! ;)
liliaeth chapter 3 . 12/30/2008
I loved that Norman confirmed Peter's worries. It's nice to see all three men's intelligence recognized.
KichigaiKairu chapter 2 . 12/27/2008
yay, it looks really interesting so far. Can't wait to see what happens! Will peter remember that he's spiderman! What'll happen, what'll happen! lol. good job.
liliaeth chapter 2 . 12/22/2008
Poor Harry, I love that Norman seems to somehow have almost a crush on Peter himself. I do hope that Peter and Harry end up standing up to him.
Emeralden Rapley chapter 2 . 12/22/2008
Amazing! cant wait to see where this goes. woot woot.
EmmyWemmyDee chapter 1 . 12/16/2008
I'm a little bit scared to read this after crying at the end of your last Spiderman fiction... but it looks like a good idea so far, so I'll keep watching to see what happens. xD
30 | « Prev Page 1 2