Reviews for DeLorean
venusmelody chapter 1 . 11/10/2011
Given how much I adore this story, and how many times I've reread it, I definitely should have reviewed earlier, but better late than never? (Plus, I had to once I saw that you had a quote from Lucifer on your author's page)

I love the beginning. It confused me so much the first time I read it, and meant I never got past it, but now it's one of my favourite parts. Immediately, we're thrust right into River's POV, with the strange rhythms of her thoughts, the almost clinical way she observes things, but really, it's just that we see River immediately from paragraph 1. The rest does not disappoint. The story is indeed 'disorientated', with us uncertain what is Cameron and what is River.

Also, this cross-over is amazing. It's a very plausible background that will now forever be my headcanon, and nothing else will change it.

The other parts of the story I love in its entirety are (1) everything and (2) the supporting characters. I love that River associates each character with a colour, because her senses are blurred - and the colours are so fitting as well. It's particularly touching when she's teaching Cameron what they are, and in the process, teaching herself again, finding the balance between herself as a weapon, like Cameron, and a person.

My absolute favourite section, though, has to be the consideration of the stars. Here, again, each character's individuality shines so strongly, and it's just... beautiful.

I love this story. Thank you for writing it.
GirlwithSword chapter 1 . 6/4/2011
OMG! I heard this fic on Strangely Literal and I cannot believe it took me this long to think of FINDING it! This is one of my favourite pieces ever and certainly my favourite River-fic. I listened to this fic so many times that I accidentally memorized the first 5 minutes. It's so beautiful and funny and true. The bit about how "everyone on the crew loves the stars" and the wonderful Mal/Inara insights are both made of epic. I am seriously considering using that part as a monologue to audition for my school play. I adore this and now I'm probably gonna spend more time than I should looking through the rest of your work.
Rustam chapter 1 . 12/6/2010
I didn't want to favorite without leaving a review, so, here goes:

I loved your story, it was beautifully written. River's mind is a terrifying and heartbreaking place, but wonderful at the same time, and if it's confusing, it's because the way River sees the world is confusing to the rest of us, but to her, it's perfectly consistent. The addition of Cameron's perspective reminds me of Gregory Benford's description of how an artificial intelligence views the universe, as individual things, belonging to categories, belonging to systems, and so on - objects floating in space, as it were. Suddenly all that organization is thrown into chaos, intuitively experiencing the world the way a highly intelligent human like River does, vast and intricately holistic and unquantifiable, a symphony of connected metaphors (sorry if that sounds pretentious, it's hard to find the right words).

You present an inner consistency and logic in the setting and background of the two shows for them to fit together, how the Terminator technology is a relic of the Earth-that-was; I love how the details of each show, like River/Cameron coloring the coat brown for loyalty, reinforce and feed back on each other, which is how it should be in a crossover.

It's funny - I love the image of River waking up Jayne to help her lash Mal to the ship - and heartbreaking, how Cameron 'saves the world and lives long enough to see it deserted anyway'. But the final image, at the dining table, is the perfect end to the story. River and Cameron are both so far from home, they've survived so much, but they've managed to find a place, and a moment, that's warm and welcoming, and that's enough. To borrow a phrase: "well - here I am."

Thank you for writing this.
Smierc chapter 1 . 7/22/2010
That was an interesting journey through the mind.

Confusing? Yes, slightly, but Im still able to appreciate beauty whether I understand it or not.

Thanks for the ride.
Thescarredman chapter 1 . 3/3/2010
Most interesting, this scary-robot/crazy reader hybrid, and quite plausible. don't say 'confusin,' say 'open to interpretation.' Good stuff.
Treyvoni Fox chapter 1 . 10/22/2009
Holy crap, this story completely blew my mind! Such a vivid look into River's mind. Thanks for the journey.
JenCarpeDiem chapter 1 . 5/5/2009
I really enjoyed this. :)
winkingannie chapter 1 . 3/15/2009
Wow. I am very impressed by this piece. I loved Firefly; you really captured River's POV in this (or at least what I consider to be River's POV).

Thanks for sharing!
Dre4mwe4ver chapter 1 . 12/14/2008
It's weird. The way you wrote River's thoughts, is confusing as heck, the way it's supposed to be, yet at the same time, it all makes sense. It just clicks. By examining Cameron through River's perspective, you're given the reader much, much more to think about, and I absolutely love it. Great writing, giving details and explainations to specify, yet because it's River, not neglecting the riddles and seemingly meaningless words that just slip out.

Excellent, beautiful story. Write on.
King Steve chapter 1 . 12/14/2008
Okay? I'm sorry but I didn't quite understand this. I got that River seemed to be seeing certain things through Cameron's eyes, which is an interesting idea. One thing though, seeing as it's River centric, I think it would be better placed in the Firefly category, rather than Sarah Connor Chronicles.
Jarvey chapter 1 . 12/14/2008
That was a fascinating read.