Reviews for Generation X: Next Class
Aotrs Commander chapter 52 . 4/24
Hey, got round to reading this not long after I got the alert! Huzzah.

Yeah, I am a patient person with a long memery! (Helps that I follow so few X-Men stories these days, not that there were ever the same number as for Naruto of MLP or something.)

So Quentin Quire and (I assume) the Three-in-One or whatever they are going by these days (it;s been a while since I saw saw them). But not the five. I'm not sure whether that's good or bad, since that removes the extreme ends (the most heroic and most villainous of the quintet)... Or whether the other two are just lurking around.

Either way... a Quentin Quire who has not gone through all the stuff in New X-Men that made him slightly less crazy is not good. Though hopefully not quite as bad as if Kick is involved...!

(I didn't realise how much I've missed Banshee until this chapter, actually.)
Spiritual-Sister chapter 1 . 3/9
For those who do not already know, we're living in the last days; the times Jesus Christ warned about.

All the issues going on is on a worldwide scale and its one of many proofs that these are the end times.

If you know deep down in your heart this is true & you feel something is not right in the world... I highly encourage you to seek our father in heaven while he may be found and to come out of this world while there is still time. Like 1 John 2:17 indicates in the written word aka the bible:

"The world and its desires pass away, but whoever does the will of God lives forever."

Many people are too caught up and is focused on the wrong things in life thanks to all the distractions going on when they need to realize destruction & judgment is not too far away. Fleeing to other countries or protesting on the streets is not going to make things better or save you; it's the love of Christ and your faith.

As long as your seeking Jesus Christ, you're gonna be okay. But if you're loving this life or is just so attached to this world... you're going to lose it. That is why I encourage you all to draw close to the father in heaven. You draw close to him and he will draw close to you. Do what you can to repent (turn away or stop doing it) of your sins. We all say & do things and stumble since we're imperfect creatures but if you sincerely go to the father in prayer and ask for forgiveness, he will forgive you; you just gotta mean what you say and repent.

Nobody comes to the father but through the son. You deny the son and you deny the father. But if you accept the son then you have the father. It's by Jesus' blood we're redeemed back to the father in heaven so you want to seek him in all your ways.

The father in heaven knows the hearts & minds of all of us so he knows who you are deep down and what you've been through. He cares about you. When you open up your heart and allow the father & son in your life, they're gonna take you where you need to go but you gotta be willing to seek them for yourself. Nobody can build your relationship with Jesus Christ. It's up to you to read the bible for yourself & seek the truth; reading the word of god feeds the spirit, gives you knowledge and helps clears up the lies & deceptions of the world.

Time is so very, very short since things are just escalating day-to-day. Don't allow the spirit of fear to overcome you. Just draw close to the father in prayer, let go of this dying world, repent and follow Jesus. Following Jesus Christ keeps one out of sin but it also separates you from this world and that's the direction you want to go; toward the son of the most high, our savior and redeemer.

Take care and remember it's the love of Christ and your faith. Don't allow anyone or anything to hinder you. Forgive and let go since we all fall short.
Aotrs Commander chapter 51 . 3/6
Woah. I knew it had been sometime since the last chapter, but apparently onc hecking it was three years ago! (And yet, oddly, out of the blue the other day thought to myself, "haven't had an update of that story for a while...")

Nice to see you back, looking forward to the next installment as always. Be interesting to see if Wither comes out any better here than in the main universe (last I recall before he vanished out of the X-Men comics (which I've long-since stopped reading aside from X-Men '92) he;d turned evil or something).

That sort of makes me hope to see Pixie and/or Mercury and/or X-23 (unless they cameoed before and I just can't remember...!)
Aotrs Commander chapter 50 . 12/20/2014
As always, a bit late with my reading, since it sits in my inbox until the right time!

EXCELLENT! Noit only do we have Jubilee front and centre (which is always the best!) but hopefully having a go at eliminating the somewhat ridiculous gap between the X-Men and Avengers (that is used FAAR to often in the comics as an excuse for a fight between the groups and not, say, the actual bad guys...)

Looking forward to this arc as much (if not more!) than usual!
demonic hellfire chapter 47 . 2/12/2014
Sinister
Aotrs Commander chapter 49 . 2/1/2014
One crisis resolved... With nearly as many questions asked as answered!

Looking forward, as always to the next update!
Aotrs Commander chapter 48 . 9/6/2013
Kaboom! And Emplate is done! Nice.

'Course I'm readin'! (Though granted, this time of year I tend to rack up a large backlog of stories when I go on holiday...)

And it has to be said that this story is above the quality of a lot of the more recent X-Men stuff, especially immediately before MarvelNOW (and given my X-Men comics have been reduced to two after that, I can't speak to the quality of most them currently, save that they utterly failed to pique my interest...)

Always worth the wait!
Aotrs Commander chapter 47 . 2/8/2013
How did I miss two chapters?! When I came to read the latest chapter, I suddenly realised I'd missed cahpters 45 & 46! Stupid...! (I guess if they came out relative close together, I might well have only kept the notification for chapter 44, and when I got around to reading that, simply missed the others...! Idiot.)

Anyway, superlative job as usual. Jubilee and Penny reuniting was a really nice touch, and I'm looking forward to see where you go with Penny from here. And the plot thickens yet further!

Looking foward to the next chapters!
Aotrs Commander chapter 44 . 1/18/2013
(Late as usual, but there we go...!) Woo! Yeah, now that's what I'm talkin' about. Jubilee - and Wolverine (and some help from the others) kicked Emplate's arse well and truly! And it *would* be that team, wouldn't it! Ahahahaha!

And that actually felt more like a proper fight than the oft-one-sided-until-the-very-end things we tend to get nowadays... Being able to see Emplate's perspective, see he wasn't quite as confident as he let on was a really good thing to do. I always like to see the bad guys sweat a bit (or the good guys in the reverse situation), even if on the outside they're being smug and confident.

Keep up the superlative work!

I have officially now reached the point I've only got one X-Men title left, as all the others have been cancelled and reached the end of their run and I don't care for the character line-ups in the new ones. (I *liked* Cyclops and Emma, and I pretty much lost all faith when they made real-Cyclops go crazy, because the only time I liked Cyke was the period after Whedon started mking him cool.) Especially as the last few issues of some of them were - worst of all crimes - *boring.*) It's sort of cool on one hand, but also depressing on the other, that I have had more enjoyment out of the first two issues of the new My Little Pony Friendship is Magic comics than out of much of the last ten issues or so of some of the more recent X-titles... The sad part is, I wouldn't mind so much some good, old-fashioned "moderate punching and hitting and all's well with the world" as Beast or Angel once said to Spider-Man... But they can't even do that well anymore, since it's nearly always fighting each other... (And I'm just not interested in the Avengers enough (no, not even after the exceptional movie) to want to read the mish-mash of both groups when there's no characters I'm really bothered about in it.)
Aotrs Commander chapter 43 . 10/24/2012
Ooh, two chapters in relatively short, and good 'uns too!

One thing I did notice was Everett was mentioned in Wolverine's thoughts about his team and but seemed to be in Bishop's. You might wanna scrub or clear up that former paragraph or something.

I find it slightly depressing that this story is currently way better than the actual X-Men stories; which, I suspect, with a heavy heart, I may well be giving up soon (what with this Marvel Now nonsense), as there are almost no characters left I like and the general quality of the comics seems to be at an all-time low. As it's come up in converation lately, it made me think - this story reminds me (and given the subject matter, perhaps not surprisingly) of the sort of stores the X-Men used to have in the later 90s, when I started... I don't know where it started to go wrong, but I think House of M and the creation of the Ultimate universe (in all of it's mean-spirited character murder) may have been the warning signs. I can see a very real future in which all my X-Men fixes come from fanfiction, and that's just really sad.

So keep up the great work, you're just about the only one still doing so, and certainly with these characters!
Aotrs Commander chapter 41 . 8/15/2012
Late - as usual - but still here!

Ooh, that was underhanded, not revealing the teams!

(I'm glad Jubes was showing some of her mettle in this chapter, as once again, it appears they have shuffled her off somewhere stupid in the comics... Leaving Next Class as my only remaining Jubilee fix!)

Keep up the good work, looking forward to the inevitable showdowns next time!
Aotrs Commander chapter 40 . 6/18/2012
The plot thickens even more... And drags even more folk into the mess. I like that you're actually tackling the emplates issue, something that, to my knowledge, they sort of skipped over in Gen X, and making Emplate a proper top-tier villain like he should have been.

Keep up the superlative work!
Aotrs Commander chapter 39 . 5/5/2012
Niiiice. This is getting really intense! Emplate's finally getting his due as a serious threat to everyone. (Well, there was that fairly recent appearance in X-Men umpteen years on, I suppose...)

Looking forward to the next chapter, as always.

Superlative job as ever!
Richard B. Sampson Jr chapter 38 . 2/11/2012
Nicely done, Mike. I like how everything plays out, and the inclusion of the Generation X movie characters. Plus, a nice cliffhanger at the end there.
Aotrs Commander chapter 38 . 2/5/2012
Ooooh... Things are getting interesting!

I recognised Buff immediately, but it took me a second look to place Refrax; which is silly, since they did both come from the Gen X movie... Haven't watched *that* in a long time, though. Not that it was especially brilliant, even though Jubilee was in it. (They got the perfect guy for Banshee, though.)

Excellent work - as per usual - keep it up!