Reviews for Generation X: Next Class
Aotrs Commander chapter 50 . 12/20/2014
As always, a bit late with my reading, since it sits in my inbox until the right time!

EXCELLENT! Noit only do we have Jubilee front and centre (which is always the best!) but hopefully having a go at eliminating the somewhat ridiculous gap between the X-Men and Avengers (that is used FAAR to often in the comics as an excuse for a fight between the groups and not, say, the actual bad guys...)

Looking forward to this arc as much (if not more!) than usual!
demonic hellfire chapter 47 . 2/12/2014
Sinister
Aotrs Commander chapter 49 . 2/1/2014
One crisis resolved... With nearly as many questions asked as answered!

Looking forward, as always to the next update!
Aotrs Commander chapter 48 . 9/6/2013
Kaboom! And Emplate is done! Nice.

'Course I'm readin'! (Though granted, this time of year I tend to rack up a large backlog of stories when I go on holiday...)

And it has to be said that this story is above the quality of a lot of the more recent X-Men stuff, especially immediately before MarvelNOW (and given my X-Men comics have been reduced to two after that, I can't speak to the quality of most them currently, save that they utterly failed to pique my interest...)

Always worth the wait!
Aotrs Commander chapter 47 . 2/8/2013
How did I miss two chapters?! When I came to read the latest chapter, I suddenly realised I'd missed cahpters 45 & 46! Stupid...! (I guess if they came out relative close together, I might well have only kept the notification for chapter 44, and when I got around to reading that, simply missed the others...! Idiot.)

Anyway, superlative job as usual. Jubilee and Penny reuniting was a really nice touch, and I'm looking forward to see where you go with Penny from here. And the plot thickens yet further!

Looking foward to the next chapters!
Aotrs Commander chapter 44 . 1/18/2013
(Late as usual, but there we go...!) Woo! Yeah, now that's what I'm talkin' about. Jubilee - and Wolverine (and some help from the others) kicked Emplate's arse well and truly! And it *would* be that team, wouldn't it! Ahahahaha!

And that actually felt more like a proper fight than the oft-one-sided-until-the-very-end things we tend to get nowadays... Being able to see Emplate's perspective, see he wasn't quite as confident as he let on was a really good thing to do. I always like to see the bad guys sweat a bit (or the good guys in the reverse situation), even if on the outside they're being smug and confident.

Keep up the superlative work!

I have officially now reached the point I've only got one X-Men title left, as all the others have been cancelled and reached the end of their run and I don't care for the character line-ups in the new ones. (I *liked* Cyclops and Emma, and I pretty much lost all faith when they made real-Cyclops go crazy, because the only time I liked Cyke was the period after Whedon started mking him cool.) Especially as the last few issues of some of them were - worst of all crimes - *boring.*) It's sort of cool on one hand, but also depressing on the other, that I have had more enjoyment out of the first two issues of the new My Little Pony Friendship is Magic comics than out of much of the last ten issues or so of some of the more recent X-titles... The sad part is, I wouldn't mind so much some good, old-fashioned "moderate punching and hitting and all's well with the world" as Beast or Angel once said to Spider-Man... But they can't even do that well anymore, since it's nearly always fighting each other... (And I'm just not interested in the Avengers enough (no, not even after the exceptional movie) to want to read the mish-mash of both groups when there's no characters I'm really bothered about in it.)
Aotrs Commander chapter 43 . 10/24/2012
Ooh, two chapters in relatively short, and good 'uns too!

One thing I did notice was Everett was mentioned in Wolverine's thoughts about his team and but seemed to be in Bishop's. You might wanna scrub or clear up that former paragraph or something.

I find it slightly depressing that this story is currently way better than the actual X-Men stories; which, I suspect, with a heavy heart, I may well be giving up soon (what with this Marvel Now nonsense), as there are almost no characters left I like and the general quality of the comics seems to be at an all-time low. As it's come up in converation lately, it made me think - this story reminds me (and given the subject matter, perhaps not surprisingly) of the sort of stores the X-Men used to have in the later 90s, when I started... I don't know where it started to go wrong, but I think House of M and the creation of the Ultimate universe (in all of it's mean-spirited character murder) may have been the warning signs. I can see a very real future in which all my X-Men fixes come from fanfiction, and that's just really sad.

So keep up the great work, you're just about the only one still doing so, and certainly with these characters!
Aotrs Commander chapter 41 . 8/15/2012
Late - as usual - but still here!

Ooh, that was underhanded, not revealing the teams!

(I'm glad Jubes was showing some of her mettle in this chapter, as once again, it appears they have shuffled her off somewhere stupid in the comics... Leaving Next Class as my only remaining Jubilee fix!)

Keep up the good work, looking forward to the inevitable showdowns next time!
Aotrs Commander chapter 40 . 6/18/2012
The plot thickens even more... And drags even more folk into the mess. I like that you're actually tackling the emplates issue, something that, to my knowledge, they sort of skipped over in Gen X, and making Emplate a proper top-tier villain like he should have been.

Keep up the superlative work!
Aotrs Commander chapter 39 . 5/5/2012
Niiiice. This is getting really intense! Emplate's finally getting his due as a serious threat to everyone. (Well, there was that fairly recent appearance in X-Men umpteen years on, I suppose...)

Looking forward to the next chapter, as always.

Superlative job as ever!
Richard B. Sampson Jr chapter 38 . 2/11/2012
Nicely done, Mike. I like how everything plays out, and the inclusion of the Generation X movie characters. Plus, a nice cliffhanger at the end there.
Aotrs Commander chapter 38 . 2/5/2012
Ooooh... Things are getting interesting!

I recognised Buff immediately, but it took me a second look to place Refrax; which is silly, since they did both come from the Gen X movie... Haven't watched *that* in a long time, though. Not that it was especially brilliant, even though Jubilee was in it. (They got the perfect guy for Banshee, though.)

Excellent work - as per usual - keep it up!
Aotrs Commander chapter 37 . 1/13/2012
Hah. The not-really-Hellions got their asses kicked again, and by a civilian at that. *snerk*

Excellent work as usual; looks like things are about to get *really* interesting!
Aotrs Commander chapter 36 . 10/17/2011
Excellent job as usual! Emplate *has* had a power-up hasn't me? Good for him - not so good for the X-Men...

I'm hoping Jubes and Wolvie will meet up at some point too...Why do I get the feeling she'll be rescueing him again...!

I snickered at the "Wolverine's-always-on-the-roster" crack.

Keep up the good work!
Richard B. Sampson Jr chapter 35 . 8/3/2011
Very nice chapter, Mike. I do like how it is going, and can't wait to see where it is going. A nice improvement over the first version.