Reviews for A Caleb Carol
Gesanger chapter 1 . 7/8/2009
I thought this story was pretty funny, especially Caleb's sarcastic comments towards pretty much everyone. You helped round out a character that normally isn't explained very well, and delivered a surprisingly heartwarming ending. Keep it up!
Conrack chapter 5 . 1/23/2005
Having grown up in the build-engine era, with Duke Nukem, Shadow warrior and such, how could I not know and like Blood. I played it for the first time when I was 9 or so, and it still has a place on my hard-drive. Though I was a bit disappointed with Blood 2, the character of Caleb really lifted the experience.

And speaking of Caleb, You really managed to nail his character dead-on. Equal parts asshole, comedian and ice-cold killer. How can you not love the red-eyes, hat-wearing, trench-coated, gun-wielding, one-lining badass.

But what really lifted this story was the ‘conscience-angle’ It is actually quite touching, underneath all the attitude.

Caleb is in all respects, a pretty one-dimensional character, so exploiting his conscience, or lack thereof, really gives the character a lot more depth, and when written as beautifully as this, really makes for an excellent read.

Very, very good story

P.S: The sarcastic life-leech was a blast! ;)
Bj chapter 2 . 10/3/2003
This is awesome! Please keep writing!
Maggie Griffin too lazy to sign in chapter 5 . 10/10/2002
Congrats! A very well written story with excellent characterization and a unique plot. I very much enjoyed it.
Draven chapter 1 . 5/22/2002
I know this a late review; couldn't help it. If I had known that this was around I'd have responded earlier, but...

Anyway, congratulations. You seem to be one of the more dedicated Blood fans out there. Your uncommon talent for storytelling is impressive too. Keep at it, and although I cannot dare to demand additional Blood fanfics, I do hope you'll give us more of the same. This is a damned good story. It'd look good in print-seriously.