Reviews for The Dark Forest
Emily chapter 28 . 10/16/2011
I love this story, bloody epic. :)
A Vietnamese Guy chapter 28 . 10/13/2011
Fucking Epic mate. You've outdone yourself. Ending was Poetic Just, but a little brisk. It lask detail. But all in all, Fucking Epic.
Aki chapter 1 . 9/29/2011
I read the story about 2 weeks after it came out but decided to wait until now to review. The reason being that the ending literally killed my night and the subsequent one...I was hoping for a redemption and rejuvenation of some sort though I must admit, this ending is much more realistic and sophisticated.

cuttingmoon57 pretty much summed up everything I would like to comment about this story, it is an epic fantasy and I truly think it has great potential to be one of the best works written on fanfiction. Have you ever considered submitting this to a publisher and make it a book? Perhaps you could rewrite certain parts of the story so that it becomes independent from the adventure quest storyline and broaden up to a much bigger audience. I'm sure many people will be attracted to read this.

Well, in the end, I would like to congratulate you on this beautiful piece of writing and I am looking forward to reading your next fiction.
cuttingmoon57 chapter 28 . 9/3/2011
Sdeaf, I cannot begin to explain to you how much this story has captivated me, but seeing as you absolutely deserve the praise for this masterpiece, I'll do my best to convey it. The Dark Forest was a marvelous ride from beginning to end, and I can almost feel the effort and care you have for this story in every chapter.

Your characters drew me in the most. If I had to pick one, Othniel was probably my favorite, if not only for humor. I enjoyed that who I thought would just be an unimportant side character ended up having a major role throughout the rest of the story. Damian was a marvelous protagonist, and as I drew upon the end of the story I was surprised at how much emotional investment I had placed in him. In all of them, actually. Bryce, Serenade, Vincent-I could go on saying something about each of them, but I'd prefer to keep my review in at least a somewhat manageable length.

The story itself was at the same level of greatness. I loved the cynical, no-nonsense nature of it, but was also pleasantly surprised to see you touch on Christian themes such as redemption. I think it made the characters, namely Damian, more believable in that he couldn't solve all his problems by himself. The description was to my taste as well. Battles, both large and small, were handled very well, and it was easy for me to picture the movements in my head.

My sole request would be an epilogue, only if to satiate my thirst for another chapter along with finding out what happened to the remaining characters.

If I sound like I'm rambling, forgive me, for I cannot form a coherent way to explain how great this was to me. Thank you so much for taking the time to write this story, and I eagerly await your next work.

Cuttingmoon57
Nianque chapter 28 . 8/25/2011
Awesome ending to an awesome story. I loved the battle against Luke, very detailed and very well thought out.

I feel like you should have an epilogue though to explain what happens to all of the major characters (including Nightwing of course). I would really appreciate it.
notquitealive chapter 27 . 4/16/2011
Hey, after I read the story I've been checking back often and you seem not to have updated in sometime? Please continue, this is an amazing story and I would love to finish reading it. thanks.
NotQuiteHuman01 chapter 27 . 1/5/2011
Okay when this chapter was first published I completely forgot to read it and it was only by chance I remembered there was a chapter I hadn't read. I'm glad I went back and read it to say the least. Excellent chapter. Good work with the chapter i always find that stories that refuse to deviate from the main character are not as interesting, you write a story in third person for a reason dammit! Aside from that the characters are likable and the "named characters cannot die" trend you see in some stories isn't present, but at the same time the character's that survive are justified in surviving.

The fight scene's: incredibly carefully choreographed however I've always felt that your fight sequences are too detailed: when it come to text imagination is key so you should probably try to describe less each action and more 'how' they are fighting. You could easily use a single paragraph to replace dozens of them in your fight scenes because really only details necessary to the plot/outcome of the fight should be described quite as detailed as you do. But hey each to his own that's just my opinion and I still love this story anyway.

Eagerly awaiting an update. NQH01.
Aki chapter 27 . 11/9/2010
Well, I've read this a week ago...I figure I should review.

I enjoy the fighting scenes very much, they paint a very vivid picture. However, in this chapter, it seems you've over exaggerated it a little. Like the scene with Valdivai, it was unnecessary to describe it in detail as she was barely a supporting character. Another thing, how come Othniel didn't continue to shoot arrows after Death started engaging in a battle? Wouldn't it help Damien's attacking squad a lot?

I'm surprised that Lueke(or rather whoever is trying to be Lueke)

is that powerful, taking down Samael then skull. I like the part about Damien being a little taken back when he was killing the wife of wulf. Shows Damien's character very well...or is that just a part of turning in to E?

Overall, awesome story, keep it coming!
Nianque chapter 27 . 10/25/2010
Awesome! I loved the intense fight, :)

So Bryce had to break Druid rules and stuff and sacrifice the stuff that was around him... Well, nature will regrow faster than the amount of lives left so that's a plus to that.

Damien killing the wife also while still full of doubt was interesting.

Vincent was just awesome with the foresight.

Nightwing didn't make an appearance which makes me kind of sad, but knowing him I don't think a few puny werepyres could take him down.

Skull was awesome with just how much magic he could control, shame he died though.

Lueke... I really don't like him and the fact that 7 of the strongest beings in existence just disappeared is worrying.

I found a few typos, but of course you make your chapters so long that I couldn't find them again even if I tried. ... You should have posted this on Hallow'een instead! This kind of story would be perfect to be updated then!
NotQuiteHuman01 chapter 5 . 9/14/2010
Okay it took me a while but I've read several chapters so I feel I should review now, this is a very good fix. More than very good it's exceptional, well writen and interesting to read. I love it, I'm usualy more of a lycan man so the fact that you've got me so interested in a fic about vampires is impresive in itself. I'm glad that I've found this interesting fic and I think it's ridiculous how few reviews you've gotten.
Nianque chapter 26 . 6/1/2010
Wow, this is a pretty incredible story. I was pretty sure something had happened to Nightwing during the all out fight, but I'm glad to be proven wrong, :) So... if Nightwing becomes a class 1, just how powerful would that make him?

Oh, also... you've taken a mediocre game with a mediocre storyline and turned it into something absolutely incredible.
genaroge1 chapter 26 . 5/12/2010
Hmm... Another "Plans before War" Chapter. Well, it's certainly interesting, mainly plot filler, but interesting. Skull's comeback surprised me, though. Liches are extremely powerful, since they can use all the strengths of a Necromancer without their drawbacks, and also have an almost infinite amount of magic power. For some reason, when I heard "E died" on the Paladin Commander's tale, I already saw the whole "Immah take your body" drill coming.

Keep it up!
Aki chapter 25 . 4/19/2010
This chapter ends on a cliff hanger...what could Luek be? I wonder. Also, just like to say, genaroge is right, this story diserves way more reviews.
genaroge1 chapter 25 . 4/9/2010
Lucifer Bastard Faggot XD

Sorry, had to say it. Anyway, this chapter was mostly action. You described that with every vampire Damian killed, it seems the Sword was getting more and more tolerable, huh? Also, will Vincent's act of eating Dimitrious' heart have any repercussions in the future? I mean, since Dimitrious had formed a contract with Lucy, it makes me worry that the demonic influence will be passed down on poor Vincent. Vincent shouldn't turn into the servant of such a fag.

Honestly, that Lucifer sounds really girly...
genaroge1 chapter 24 . 3/6/2010
ಠ_ಠ That Dimitrious, he should just keel over and die, that old bastard. And Damian holding the Sword of Office for his people, despite that horrible burning was awesome, but it's such a pity... That sword is freakin' powerful! Especially in Darkovia, since it's full of Dark Creatures... ಠ_ಠ

Well, looking forward to the next chapter, and this deserves WAY more reviews than the number it currently has...

I'm dissapointed in the people who only read the sections with more Fics ಠ_ಠ