Reviews for Cold Hands
daredemo chapter 4 . 12/25/2017
Thank you for writing this! I don't think I ever left a review before but I've been re-reading this fic every year around Christmas time for a while now and I still love it.

Merry Christinas! ;)
ksuzu chapter 4 . 12/4/2016
This is still amazing. Sometimes, I'll read your stuff over finals period, because nuanced prose like yours is so hard to find in academia. Thank you!
francaise chapter 4 . 10/22/2015
j'ai adoré cette fanfiction
874Kian chapter 4 . 9/17/2014
thanks for this work-up, got me sweet-toothed here
love their pairing,theyre just great all around..i go all yipeee! when they stop mushing on and go back to their all-out persona thumbs up! -M
Inali Grimalkin chapter 4 . 5/17/2012
This story is so sweet, your characterized them wonderfully and it felt so real. Here I am sitting in my living room at nearly two in the morning, it's twenty degrees and humid as hell. And all I can think of is snow and Christmas with someone.

I don't read first person very often, but you did great with this. Most certainly going to my favourites and recommending to my friends.
Mistress Kasumi chapter 4 . 9/13/2011
Perfect! - I can't believe I have never read this until now. This was one excellent piece of fanfiction art in the making. I almost feel disheartened in writing myself because I can honestly assess that I have to make some serious effort to make a love story like this. The character interactions were flawless almost as if watching a genuine continuation of the original FMP series just focusing on Kurz and Melissa. I actually feel sad that I have reached the end. Once again perfect! I can't possibly think of one thing to add to this nor one thing to take away. I only wish I could read of how they live their lives to their old and grey. FMP stories can't get any better this. Okay, I will stop now. Laserai out.
sexysade chapter 4 . 8/1/2011
I am so elated that I happened to stumble across your fics! Seriously, this is the best Kurtz/Melissa fanfiction I think I've ever read! It left me with that sickeninly sweet feeling of satisfaction you get when a writer does justice to some of your favorite fictional characters I really enjoyed this story, I don't think words can express how much actually. I think your writing style is great and you kept them perfectly in character. Amazing job.

p.s Ignore the half written review that may show up, my laptop is fuckin with me.
sexysade chapter 4 . 8/1/2011
I am so elated that Kurtz
shadeofsound23 chapter 4 . 7/4/2011
So I found your story, and I spent an entire afternoon of vacation time to read it, beginning to end. I have to say, that it is simply an incredible exercise in an extraordinary amount of cheese, sugar, and with an excellent spritz of lemon that I feel my arteries clogging, my mouth contorting into a sour pucker, and the back of my skull tingling in a sugar rush - all of this swirling into a kaleidoscope of satisfied readership that can only be described as satisfied.

Sincerely, thank you for writing this story. This, possibly one of the finest love stories between two military types that I have ever had the privilege to read. Your style and thoroughness in your writing inspires me to read more and watch television completely less.

Bravo I say to you, bravo - and encore!
GoldAngel2 chapter 4 . 12/25/2010
I was directed to this story by a long time fan of my work who's discovered FMP and said I'd enjoy it...and he was dead on...I loved it.

Kurz and Mao always did have a unique kind of relationship...even with him calling her nee-chan (sis) in the novels the underlying sexual tension is evident and is realized in the novel "Approaching Nick of Time" when they actually do become lovers after getting plastered (of course).

Your story, however has a sweeter version while keeping true to the their respective personalities; you show the warm affection that is buried beneath the hard soldier's armor...but there nevertheless...

The plot was well crafted...scenes of a west coast winter wonderland at Christmas is the perfect backdrop for inhibitions to fall once away from the regimented bonds of life at Mithril. And Melissa's hidden vulnerabilities...from the cold snubbing of her family to her tentative seduction of Kurz came off as sweet without ever being sappy. Her feelings for him were a bullseye because in ANOT when he "dies" and she is back at the TDD-1 as she collapses on Sousuke's shoulder, she admits that she loves him. And when he shocks everyone by returning from the dead in the final battle in "Always...Stand By Me" he says to her "I'll make you fall in love with me all over again, Nee-chan."

Kurz was well done as well...his feelings for her are covert, covered up with flirting and innuendo but when it came down, he was protective and caring...showing his own vulnerabilities as he made his wants and hopes for the relationship clear. He showed himself as a man to her...not a boy-toy even with his pretty looks and seemingly shallow manner. The way he acted toward the little girl Ellie added to his substance.

The dialogue was natural and the OC's real adding to the flow of the story.

Nice job
randomidiotgenius chapter 4 . 12/5/2010
Really good. You did the transition with Mellissa flawlessly, and I was hooked on every word. They were in character the entire time, and a sweet loving Mao was believable because of the gradual growth you wrote in. And only in 4 chapters!

p.s. A stronger way to say no is: FUCK NO, you pedophile transvestite! I DON'T want to play maid for $200! (must be said loudly so entire room can hear).
Jollypants Silvers chapter 4 . 11/18/2010
Aaoowww :3

Bravo! *o*
Mezzavia chapter 4 . 11/15/2010
This is one of the best fics I've read on this site - Your stories are so captivating. They're throughly planned and detailed, thing I can't say about the original- especially the first season of the anime -where lots of little details were often off (wheelbarrows appearing out of nowhere in the middle of a forest/simplistic descriptions of the Lambda Driver and so on), and the characters' behavior was sometimes unrealistic ( especially Kaname's.. but everyone had their share; I wanted to smack Sousuke when he thought Gauron'd attack the base the same way he'd done a few years before; that made no sense!). As much as I love it (and it does grow a lot better from 'fmp:the second raid' on), I can't help but wish they'd given it a bit more thought, planned and explained everything as carefully as you did. Now, your story was focused on the romance, but the feeling I got from it - gosh! What would I give for the original to be like this. I do admit the novel versions are better than the anime - but I could only find them from #5 on, and that's where fmp:the second raid picks up from.

Your Mao was absolutely mesmerizing, and the pace of the whole story was great. Kurtz used to have a girlfriend he cared about, yet he'd been hoping to get together with M. for a long time *cough*. Would've loved to read more about it :S.. Anyways, awesome job x3. I'm definetely adding this fic in my favourites :3.
R.E. Weissrose chapter 4 . 11/14/2010
Gosh! I like it very much.

I just finish FMP season one (downloaded, I miss the local airing years ago and just succeeded on some episodes) and soon I'll be watching Fumoffu.

I actually think these two are a perfect, hot, funny couple.

Too bad, there's not many fic about them in here. Yours is probably the best.

I really appreciate that you really give effort on the chapters, I mean, IT'S LONG, means extreme joy for readers like me :P

I'm very sorry that I just give one review, I'm going to school in about an hour but I still haven't prepare anything so I need to save some time.

Well well, Melissa and Kurz here are so sweet! I adore how caring Kurz could be to her, and how affectionate Melissa is.

I don't know where Ashland is, I'll possibly check that out later :D

Thanks for sharing all the chaps, See ya, and keep writing :)) !

Good day!
Dalya chapter 4 . 10/26/2010
Thank you so much for this story! I couldnt get off of it the whole day until I finished reading the last chapter. This was VERY nice, thank you so much again! Not so many more popular characters have such a good funfic. What I love the most here, and what the most fanfictions lack are: 1. The characters are totally alive and act totally like "oh, that's what Mao would do!". 2. The story is original, fresh, interesting and dont hanging on and repeating the original story too much. Thank you very much again!

P.S. Sorry for my poor english ;(