Reviews for Power of the Mind
Chaos Productions chapter 1 . 9/29/2010
Well, I finally recieve a break long enough to get started on this story again. I must admit, I read this chapter a tad cautious of what I saw in Protege's Honeymoon, but it seems that I worried in vain. Instead of being simply 'good' like P.H was, this chapter was actually quite intriguing. I did, however, see some past reviews I left you - and cringed when I thought back to that time when I was nothing a mindless zombie who cared only for blood and guts in a story. Please, sir, ignore those few reviews I left you - I am not that mindless 'child' anymore. I am a critic, as you saw in my P.H review, not a mindless cheerleader.

Now, I remember slightly, from the few chapters past that I recall, that this story classifies as a multicrossover. That alone deserves a round of applause - multicrossovers for Negima generally fail because of all the different fandoms that hold elements/protagonists/antagonists who could tear Negi a few new eye-sockets and such. Yours, however, brings an air of believability with it, and the fact that it is, paragraph-wise, well-structured and incredulously paced serves only to make me raise a brow in surprise. Even if this is just chapter one, I'm very impressed so far - the amount of time, thought and painstaking emotional/mental detail is very apt. Bravo, good sir, bravo.

But with every pure aspect, a corrupted one is soon to follow. Where there is light, ther is darkness; where ther are good aspects, there are also bad ones, and unfortunately, this ficlet also suffers of a few. I will, once again, give the guard before my sniper-tongue a tea break, and come at you with honesty that can rival Simon Cowell himself, one one simple, yet crucial matter: Your punctuation and word order.

Tell me, sir, when you upload a document, do you edit only to add the line breaks, or do you edit to re-read your chapter for any errors? I found several cases of severely confusing material here, ranging from missing words - which could or could not cause the chapter to fall into disarray - all the way to incorrect sentence structure, another critical flaw. I should know - I suffered (and still suffer) under these treacherous nuances. An especially confusing part were the exclaimed questions ending with '?'. If I may give you a bit of advice, when typing such a question, type the question mark first, then the exclamation mark - FFN has a habit of dropping away the second punctuation mark, and a question ending on an exclamation mark... Not exactly nice on the eye, nor the mind...

Your sentence structure could also use some work - certain words are swapped into places that critically obstruct the flow of a sentence, turning what could've been something marvellously descriptive into nothing but a tangled mess of words. I suggest you go over your chapters painstakingly in the future, in order to route out such tendencies. If this part confuses you, sir, let me know; I will supply a few sentences that had me reeling a bit.

And lastly, the overall flow of your paragraphs. While they are well-structured, there are way too many periods to ensure that paragraph containing, say, a quick time event, can execute itself fluidly - for that there needs to be a tad more description and optionally, if you can pull it off, metaphorical/similie use. If you can work on that, this story will undoubtedly take a turn for the better - the much better, might I add.

Other than that, I have no qualms with this story. It's gripping, interesting and often addicting at some parts. So on those notes I say you did a fine job there, sir. I will continue to read, and post a review every four or five chapters - thought it might take a while, as this story is good enough to make me leave my pretenses and say "Read First, Scan For Flaws Afterwards." Such is the level of skill this is written with - a clear improvement on the first Chapter of Protege's Honeymoon.

Well, that's that, and - hopefully - no critical harm done. If you'll excuse me, good sir, I am off to go devour the rest of your chapters frivolously. :)

'Til the next review cometh, fare thee well,

Twilight Kyu chapter 41 . 9/13/2010
Finally Nodoka got her arm back.

Looks like things started to get even more interesting.

vastler75 chapter 41 . 9/11/2010
okay...good so far...still a bit shock of the "hand" thing

anyway...nodoka is gonna...*sigh*...train.

also there seems to be some missing party members here...where are they?

anywho...update soon
Twilight Kyu chapter 40 . 8/28/2010

*Chester A. Bum impression*

Oh my God, this is the greatest fic I've ever read in my life!

Anyway, great chapter.

Wonder what will happen to Asuna next. Hopefully, Nodoka would get her arm back.

*Chester A. Bum impression*

Change! You got change? Aww come on, help a guy out, will ya!
EthernalRain chapter 40 . 8/26/2010
Still awesome story. Also I agree about the ME weapons thing.
EmissaryX chapter 39 . 8/13/2010
what? That was dark, slicing Nodoka's hand..

so Drinde has showed up, eh? This should be interesting.

Keep it up!
vastler75 chapter 39 . 8/11/2010 a friend & fellow fan of Negima, i would like to say

Slicing of Nodoka's hand! that's...that' worst as Superboy Prime Vaporizing a Pregnant Women!

ugh...okay now that's out

I'm gonna go get my brain bleach now

update soon
Stigma chapter 1 . 8/5/2010
Nodoka is my favorite Negi girl, but not enough to want to read a complete Nodoka centric storyline that trumps Negi out as lead role. Add in that I seen you've tossed in yuri, and it's definite that I'll take my leave.
Twilight Kyu chapter 38 . 8/3/2010
Looks like everyone is going for the next adventure... IN SPACE!

I'm not really a yuri fan though.

Anyway, it's great to see those cheerleaders again. I can't wait for the next chapter!

Twilight Kyu chapter 36 . 8/3/2010
This chapter improves a lot.

Wonder how Nodoka is doing...
Twilight Kyu chapter 32 . 8/3/2010
Whoa, this IS the longest chapter of the story. Yet, it still enjoyable.
Twilight Kyu chapter 27 . 8/3/2010
So Nodoka's adventure finally begins. Couldn't say if there are going to be trouble waiting for her.

Anyway, nice ending, I nearly laugh seeing the dialogue being 'cut'
Twilight Kyu chapter 25 . 8/3/2010
so the next chapter is going to be the last chapter of the Arcadia arc, huh?

This is almost like watching an anime...
Twilight Kyu chapter 23 . 8/3/2010
Now that's what I called a fight with Rachel! One of the greatest fight scene that I've ever read!
Twilight Kyu chapter 20 . 8/3/2010
The more I read this, the more interesting it becomes.

I really like it. And wow, this is the longest chapter that you wrote as of yet.

Well, KotaruXNatsumi was certainly a good point in this chapter.
116 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »