Reviews for The Only Time
Jaded Baby Blues chapter 1 . 7/15/2011
yay! you got to squeeze ragetti in this fic! i just drool at the thought of him! he's utterly adorable! anyway, i love this fic! it's so sweet and romantic even if there wasn't many parts of will and elizabeth together. and it's nice to hear about pintel's background story. loved it!
TheWeasleyBoys chapter 1 . 12/31/2010
Whoa. I didn't see THAT one coming, but then again...Pintel did kinda look like one of the oldest of the crew, next to Barbossa. I wouldn't be surprised if they were related after all, so...nice surprise there, I was just as shocked as Will. :)

-Weasley-
ForeverACharmedOne chapter 1 . 7/21/2010
Aw, I really, really liked reading this. :) I can just picture this scene too. Well done!
Stutley Constable chapter 1 . 11/26/2009
That scenario would tie up a few things for the relationship between our two comic relief pirates. You got Pintel's accent pretty well on the money. Will's reaction to him and his words was in character. Very well done. A good short over morning coffee.
Coffee Toffee Twisted Froste chapter 1 . 9/12/2009
Awesome! Thanks for sharing!

squeaky
ammNIwriter chapter 1 . 6/11/2009
It's quite a good story. You have really captured Pintel's distinguishing voice which would be quite hard to write. A little strange I have to saw making Ragetti Pintel's nephew, but in a way it does curiously work.

Good work.

xx
Lasgalendil chapter 1 . 3/20/2009
Um...SWEET ACTION! Pintel does need love, too!

This was a great fic for several reasons: You tied it seamlessly into the movie (I love Pintel and Ragetti's expressions while they watch that kiss), it had great emotional depth not just from one character but several, and you really delved into a side of Pintel we never glimpse in the movies at all. He is always with Ragetti every time we see him. He's usually telling jokes, fooling around, or yelling and hitting things (usually Ragetti). It was so good to see him on a solo flight of sorts :)

Pintel's dialogue was right on! Hearing his rough voice say such sweet words was heart-wrenching, especially after the harsh accusation of 'you've never been in love!' There's a lot more to love than simple romance-in fact romance is only the tip of the iceberg. True love goes much, much deeper...and Pintel is wise enough to have figured this out. His relationship with Ragetti is so sad and sweet: 'e may be a dolt but 'e's my dolt.

I knew when I read the first paragraph that I would love this entire piece: "Nighttime was always the hardest time for him. Nighttime was the time when his mind ceased to be busy, and thoughts of his mother and his father and his failings invaded his mind, causing sleep to dance just out of his grasp, teetering on the edge of his conscious. Normally she’d be there, by his side, to snuggle up against him and soothe his fears and worries."

Excellent fic. This is going into fav's!
Belphegor chapter 1 . 12/18/2008
“The lad’s a dolt, but e’s my dolt. (...)”

Aye, that's what it feels like for us, as well :P

Very nice little story, providing some background to the scene where Will *finally* makes his move in AWE, after all the betrayals and schemes and everything.

I see that you're a supporter of the "Pintel is Ragetti's uncle" theory too :) I wasn't a big fan at the beginning, but it just seemed to grow on me. Kinda like the guys :D I like it that your Pintel has never been in love. Somehow it seems more in keeping with his character, and it adds depth to his sister's memory.

“She was tall and thin and beautiful, and I…” (...) “wasn’t.”

(snort) Love it :D

A very nice read, and you're perfectly right - Pintel needs some love, poor bloke. Thanks for writing this, that'll cheer him!

:]
XxSupernatural.lovexX chapter 1 . 12/17/2008
0o0o jeez *sniff* that was beautiful! seriously it was! I love Pint and Ragettie
Mimozka chapter 1 . 12/17/2008
I like it! ragetti being pintel's nephew, like that's unexpected, but quite creative, congratulations on that one!
hurricane1714 chapter 1 . 12/16/2008
Wow! Two good oneshots in one day! You must write more, please!

" In my world, Christine went with the Phantom. Get over it."

Mine too.
PirateRN chapter 1 . 12/15/2008
it was cute!
Nytd chapter 1 . 12/15/2008
This one is a great look at where Will's inspiration to propose to Elizabeth might have come from. I adhere to the theory that Pint is Rag's uncle as well.

Couple of small typos -"Normally she’d be there, by his side, to snuggled up against..." Should be 'snuggle', aye?

“Now may be the only time!” he wasn’t going to loss her again, not if her could help it! Should be 'lose'. Darn spell checking won't catch that sort of thing.

This one has a fair amount of dialogue, and you have some related punctuation issues with that dialogue that could be tidied up easy enough.

Nice job conveying Pintel's manner of speaking.

One little suggestion - I'd use 'ya' or 'yeh' in place of 'ye' for characters other than Barbossa. Pintel never actually says 'yee' and you need a way, when writing dialogue in PotC fics to differentiate from 'ye', the archaic form of 'you' used by pirates from the west country of England like Barbossa. Probably less of a big deal in other fandoms!

My own pet peeve from writing so much Barbossa! :D

Nice to see someone writing about some of the characters that deserve to be explored a little more!

Keep writing!