Reviews for Such a Quiet Thing, to Fall
Lion in the Land chapter 8 . 10/11/2009
You know, just when I'm starting to warm up to Integra, she goes and pulls something like interrupting their kiss! Sith's Blood, indeed. *foot stomp*

But then she helps make up for it with this: “Well, one of you take these things and shove them in your lightsabers... or whatever it is you Force users do with these crystals! I can't spend all day here with my hand stretched out while you two gape at the things" Very nice - helps show a bit of personality in the aristocrat.

The crystals were fun and brought back a good memory from when my son (and I) got to pick color crystals at Disney World for "our" lightsaber. ;P

Oh, that was so sweet of you to purposely work the word "twilight" into this chapter.

Valentine bro.s! Having Jan (pronounced: Jan) say "shutta" CMU. This chapter was fun and the next is very promising.

Okay, for Archer's tale, it has to be: “It shall return to us during the galaxy's time of greatest darkness, and its wielder will be the one to banish the night and return light to us all.” 'galaxy' is paraphrased, of course. I cannot remember exactly when it was said, but it was about St. George's lance.

My secondary guess is: "I can't spend all day here with my hand stretched out while you two gape at the things." It just sounds like something Skeat might have said to two of his more daft archers.

Annonymous chapter 9 . 10/9/2009
I recognize that this is not a very in depth review, but suffice it to say... I'm impressed with where you're going with this story. You've got an impressive writing style... and a good sense of flow for the story line.

I'm interested in seeing this story continue beyond what you've already posted, if you're interested in keeping it going.

Thank you for a well appreciated distraction over the last few hours, and keep 'em coming!
Lion in the Land chapter 7 . 10/8/2009
A very insightful chapter into the differences between the Jedi and Sith philosophies. And Seras seems to have grasped it well. I feel proud of her for pushing her point with her master...and even winning sometimes. And I'm glad she doesn't give up all of her Jediness, like reciting the code to relax and her healing power, if that's what works for her.

So, Alucard doesn't shower? Hm, interesting, are we going to learn more about that? Does it have something to do with the Sith that he is? Aw crud, I haven't read that thing you sent me yet. Okay, I shall read it before the next chapter, so that I can sound more intelligent.

You did a really nice job describing Seras's meditation with the way her mind drifted through the different states on consciousness and visions.

I like the way Seras handles the growing physical tension between her and Alucard. She's not being an idiot, and knows it's inappropriate...yet she likes it. And so do I. ;)

Lion in the Land chapter 6 . 10/6/2009
Oh man, that was great! Really great. Anderson and Yumie! Anderson as an exiled Jedi, extreme in his judgments as always, was just perfect. And I just love how he pulled the extra lighsaber out of his robe and then juggled them like a "hail of lightsabers"! It was just such an awesome, clever way to keep him totally Anderson. Well, not TOTALLY Anderson without the accent. O_o

Your action was so good, and you gave nice detail to it with vivid phrases, like "last steaming corpse" and "smear on the floor."

I also really liked your description of the dual sides of the dark force. Actually, you are doing an excellent job throughout this whole story keeping the force ever present without it feeling, well, for lack of a better word - forced. :P

I liked Seras's comical moment when she's trying to deliver the dramatic ultimatum to Yumie and then has to stop and ask her name. CMU.

And lastly, your AxS touches were very nice - and you know I'm not really an AxS girl - from the subtle, but tantalizing caress and whisper before they enter the tomb to Seras pulling his head to her in a doozy of a kiss.

So, you will see that I'm favoritting. Is the fact that you're now in the double digits with me on stories but still not on that author's list going to drive you insane? I am rethinking my rules, the current ones are rather stringent...

;) Lila
Lion in the Land chapter 5 . 10/4/2009
Hiya. That was an interesting arrival at Dxun. The sniper fight with the invisible Madalorians was cool. I also like how Ordo was hankering for a fight.

Ferguson! I'm glad you got to work in one of your favorites. :) I like Vevut's spunk, and the play between her and Ordo was very cute.

Good for Seras not wanting to senselessly kill or torture the Zakkeg! I'm so proud of her standing up to Alucard about that. And it made me think of her and Alice on Vampire Island playing with their critters.

Fun chapter.

Lion in the Land chapter 4 . 10/2/2009
Droids! Being but a wee lass when the Star Wars movies first came out, they were my earliest favoritest thing about Star Wars. Them and Chewbacca. (Hey, I haven't rubbed this in your face yet - A New Hope, Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi - all on the big screen. Jealous?)

Before I forget, the jump from the aircraft in the last chapter was sufficiently traumatic that it warranted the slap from Seras. I liked it. I liked their bodies being tangled together, too. ;) Plus, their relationship is still new enough in this story that I don't think Seras is too in awe yet to try a slap.

The lightsaber sparring was quite interesting. I never thought it to be a sexy thing before, but it would appear the No Life King remains a perv, even as Sithucard.

Nice developments with more on Alucard's romantic feelings toward his apprentice and the new mission. Here's my question about the writing of this: Every chapter, you're like, "I don't know if I'm going to continue," and yet whenever I get to the next chapter, it all seems so cohesive, as if it's been planned from the beginning. And then in review responses, you even talk about going beyond this set of chapters and into a trilogy - so when you write this, do you have a map for the whole thing in your head, and what you're not sure of is whether you're going to take the time to write it all out?

Lion in the Land chapter 3 . 10/1/2009
Another good one. :) You did such a nice job laying out the Sith code, especially with Alucard questioning Seras and making her really think about it. And then again with the example of Revan (whom I assume was a real Star Wars guy?) and Alucard telling Seras that she was thinking like a Sith.

I really like how you are taking your time with Alucard and Seras's interactions. Everything comes about so naturally.

I thought that was very interesting commentary about “'A Jedi must open his mind to knowledge', yet they forbid all the teachings of their enemies. Kind of makes you wonder how they know enough to pass judgment, doesn't it?” I feel that way about religion sometimes. They always talk about not reading certain things and not watching certain movies, and it only makes me suspicious - what are they afraid of? And it also makes me feel like they think I don't have a brain - I'm going to read those things or see those things and suddenly be turned to the "dark side"? O_o Which I guess does happen to a lot of people going the Sith route...?

I do hope we're going to find out more of the answer to Seras's question: “If a Sith values freedom more than anything else, why do you serve Integra?”

Lion in the Land chapter 2 . 9/29/2009
I am just so amazed at how well these two universes blend together. It's so clever for you to even think of it, yet now it's so obvious that it was meant to be - this analogy between Hellsing and the Sith. They have the same sort of reputation of being bad, even though they are good, but still there are fuzzy grey areas...er, right?

In this story, is Alucard just a really powerful Sith, or is there more to him? Or am I not supposed to quite know yet?

"they were obviously not designed for someone as... 'amply endowed' as she." Nice detail, there. How very sensitive for you, a male, to recognize the difficulty of finding a nicely fitting blouse, or Sith robe, for us chesty gals. ;)

"what in the moons of Bogden" - another nice touch that made me laugh. :)

You really did an outstanding job with the dynamic between all of them in this chapter. I am such a sucker for when Integra gets soft and comforting with Seras. It's just so nice to see her be a little maternal. And you absolutely nail Alucard with every single line and action. It's just so...him. I feel like I am watching him in the Anime or OVA, except it's even better, cuz that Crispin's not all throaty and overlydramaticizing. :P

So, if you can't tell by my review, I am liking this story very, very much and look forward to seeing what happens next. :D

Lion in the Land chapter 1 . 9/28/2009
That was pretty cool to see the Hellsing story put in a Star Wars universe. You did a nice job making them blend; it felt natural, not forced.

"Jedi girl" - hee hee. And it looks like I'll be learning some Starwarsian swearing. Awesome. :)

I do already have one question - what does it mean to become a Sith? How binding is it? You said: 'In just a few minutes, she would be dead.' - does someone die to become a Sith, like when they become a vampire?

Lara chapter 1 . 9/27/2009
Well, I think that you are an amazing writer. I thoroughly enjoyed this story, and you kept me interested all the way through. You had each characters personalities perfect, especially Seras(I love her).
Ludifer chapter 9 . 9/12/2009
Ah this was a very good story. I think you blended the star wars universe with hellsing very well, I don't know as much as these so-called fanatics of star wars but I get by with a better then average knowledge. :)

Nice idea with the red mist.

Looking forward to the sequel, feel free to note me so I can read it.
loki chapter 9 . 9/6/2009
A truly different, yet intriguing, crossover.
Epidot chapter 1 . 8/7/2009
I must say, this is the best alternative Hellsing story I have ever read. I missed Pip though.
BrazeRancor chapter 9 . 7/26/2009
Not a bad finish, a dab of 'Phorse Philosophy' wasn't misplaced either. But, in Luke and Alucard's fight you said, 'Dark Side Powers.' Whilst it's barely noticable, you should have said 'an impressive command of the Dark Side.'

Borderline gamer talk. Not really noticeable, but...
Materioptikon chapter 9 . 7/25/2009
...the fact Alucard was the Lord of Hunger, in retrospect, makes a lot of sense; I'm not denying it. Nor am I questioning your rationale for shortening out battle scenes that could get overly complicated.

It's just that now I wonder if I should have let Etrigan kick Alucard in half in chapter 2 of Madhouse like the Captain does in The Dawn.
151 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »