Reviews for Such a Quiet Thing, to Fall
x-DragonSoul-x chapter 9 . 6/29/2010
Having a Star Wars and Hellsing Crossover is interesting enough as is, but once I began reading I was instantly sucked in. I think this is probably one of the fastest fanfics I've read (though it was only nine chapters) The way you incorporated the technology based things of Star Wars with the characters and story of Hellsing was quite fluent and felt pretty natural. There were a few clever surprises along the way, Integra being Mandelore, which made me smile, and Alucard being Darth Nihilus, the "Lord of Hunger" which made me go, "Wha...?" There were a few spelling and grammar mistakes, which at some points were distracting and I think it would have been good to discribe the surroundings/setting to a little more detail at some points. But otherwise, I enjoyed reading it. The last few paragraphs were very well written and made me think. A very interesting account of the Force. The story was very interesting and gripping. If you wanted to, you could even continue. But I don't blame you if you don't. It's best to stop when you can instead of getting sucked into an unfinishable project. So I'll say, "great job" and leave it at that.
Saya Kurobara chapter 9 . 6/20/2010
I loved it. The entire story was well written.
Epidot chapter 2 . 5/5/2010
I want to see Seras meet Yoda...Friendly meeting. I bet they would be great friends.

I have said so before, and I just have to say it again (even if it really isn't that important), I would really like to see more of you're Hellsing/Star Wars crossover. I bet you could do some real good one shots.
fallacies chapter 9 . 1/19/2010
I think it's a very interesting fic. Do you think you might be doing a sequel or something like that? I mean, the final chapter has a decent conclusion, but it feels a bit like you ended it right when things might start to be getting more interesting ...
lionwhizk chapter 9 . 12/8/2009
Wow, the last lines really hit home!

Love your stories as usual!
Moonlight and Mischief chapter 9 . 11/30/2009
This was incredibly awesome, something I clicked on by chance when wandering through the crossovers. I saw that it was an author known to me and took a chance and...wow.

I am captivated. Admittedly, I know far less than some of my very enthusiastic friends about the Star Wars universe but I didn't find that a hindrance and was able to follow very well.

My only complaint is that it leaves me wanting more! Are there any plans to write a follow up? I sincerely hope so because you have a lot of potential here and I'd hate to see it left.

Thank you for an enjoyable story.
ladylina chapter 1 . 11/24/2009
...

speechless.

*passes out from suspense*
OneValium chapter 2 . 11/14/2009
You know, I have always hated Star Wars, but when the characters from Hellsing are involved, it becomes much better! :) Keep writing, I like it and I'm hoping for more fanfics soon! Have a good day!
Lion in the Land chapter 9 . 10/12/2009
Woah, what an ending! That was big, huge, AMAZING!

It was great how you melded the Hellsing canon into the story, with Alucard waiting like a spider for Luke, and the "tin cans" replacing the ghouls. Walter's specialized lighting gloves were outstanding. Oh, and this CMU: “Generic battle cry: Die, Meatbags... DIE!”

I was reminded of The Archer's Tale again, just with the Mandalorians being massively outnumbered like the English, but here I guess they had Seras instead of the archers to hold the enemy off, for a while, anyway.

One thing I'll mention, only because I know you're interested in finding that "balance" with romance - Seras fighting off fantasies when she fell into Alucard while warning him about the attack felt misplaced in this chapter. I just think in these circumstances that was pushing it. Just saying. ;)

Alucard with Luke and the mist was so well done. It was just like Hellsing. Oh, and "playing with his food" - so this story and BITE DO have one little thing in common. :) Does the actual "Lord of Hunger" feed off of others like this red mist does? And does he turn into mist? I've obviously still not read that link, but now I'm even more curious about it. The red mist was just such a powerful, chilling image, especially when it came upstairs and destroyed everything in its path. That was awesome how Integra fearlessly contained it.

And so Seras truly sees the sadistic side of her 'bad boy' when he calls the chorus of voices "lovely." That was a very poignant moment, I thought.

But the best, best, best here was that final scene between Alucard and Seras, when he tells her of her freedom, and she weeps for it, and he lets her. It was just so well written, letting us in on the very deep emotions of each of them. Magnificent.

I think you left this off at the perfect spot. This episode is finis, but we're left with a wonderful set up for the story to continue. Do you have plans to ever write the rest of this trilogy? Some day? I hope so.

-LiLa
Lion in the Land chapter 8 . 10/11/2009
You know, just when I'm starting to warm up to Integra, she goes and pulls something like interrupting their kiss! Sith's Blood, indeed. *foot stomp*

But then she helps make up for it with this: “Well, one of you take these things and shove them in your lightsabers... or whatever it is you Force users do with these crystals! I can't spend all day here with my hand stretched out while you two gape at the things" Very nice - helps show a bit of personality in the aristocrat.

The crystals were fun and brought back a good memory from when my son (and I) got to pick color crystals at Disney World for "our" lightsaber. ;P

Oh, that was so sweet of you to purposely work the word "twilight" into this chapter.

Valentine bro.s! Having Jan (pronounced: Jan) say "shutta" CMU. This chapter was fun and the next is very promising.

Okay, for Archer's tale, it has to be: “It shall return to us during the galaxy's time of greatest darkness, and its wielder will be the one to banish the night and return light to us all.” 'galaxy' is paraphrased, of course. I cannot remember exactly when it was said, but it was about St. George's lance.

My secondary guess is: "I can't spend all day here with my hand stretched out while you two gape at the things." It just sounds like something Skeat might have said to two of his more daft archers.

Annonymous chapter 9 . 10/9/2009
I recognize that this is not a very in depth review, but suffice it to say... I'm impressed with where you're going with this story. You've got an impressive writing style... and a good sense of flow for the story line.

I'm interested in seeing this story continue beyond what you've already posted, if you're interested in keeping it going.

Thank you for a well appreciated distraction over the last few hours, and keep 'em coming!
Lion in the Land chapter 7 . 10/8/2009
A very insightful chapter into the differences between the Jedi and Sith philosophies. And Seras seems to have grasped it well. I feel proud of her for pushing her point with her master...and even winning sometimes. And I'm glad she doesn't give up all of her Jediness, like reciting the code to relax and her healing power, if that's what works for her.

So, Alucard doesn't shower? Hm, interesting, are we going to learn more about that? Does it have something to do with the Sith that he is? Aw crud, I haven't read that thing you sent me yet. Okay, I shall read it before the next chapter, so that I can sound more intelligent.

You did a really nice job describing Seras's meditation with the way her mind drifted through the different states on consciousness and visions.

I like the way Seras handles the growing physical tension between her and Alucard. She's not being an idiot, and knows it's inappropriate...yet she likes it. And so do I. ;)

Lion in the Land chapter 6 . 10/6/2009
Oh man, that was great! Really great. Anderson and Yumie! Anderson as an exiled Jedi, extreme in his judgments as always, was just perfect. And I just love how he pulled the extra lighsaber out of his robe and then juggled them like a "hail of lightsabers"! It was just such an awesome, clever way to keep him totally Anderson. Well, not TOTALLY Anderson without the accent. O_o

Your action was so good, and you gave nice detail to it with vivid phrases, like "last steaming corpse" and "smear on the floor."

I also really liked your description of the dual sides of the dark force. Actually, you are doing an excellent job throughout this whole story keeping the force ever present without it feeling, well, for lack of a better word - forced. :P

I liked Seras's comical moment when she's trying to deliver the dramatic ultimatum to Yumie and then has to stop and ask her name. CMU.

And lastly, your AxS touches were very nice - and you know I'm not really an AxS girl - from the subtle, but tantalizing caress and whisper before they enter the tomb to Seras pulling his head to her in a doozy of a kiss.

So, you will see that I'm favoritting. Is the fact that you're now in the double digits with me on stories but still not on that author's list going to drive you insane? I am rethinking my rules, the current ones are rather stringent...

;) Lila
Lion in the Land chapter 5 . 10/4/2009
Hiya. That was an interesting arrival at Dxun. The sniper fight with the invisible Madalorians was cool. I also like how Ordo was hankering for a fight.

Ferguson! I'm glad you got to work in one of your favorites. :) I like Vevut's spunk, and the play between her and Ordo was very cute.

Good for Seras not wanting to senselessly kill or torture the Zakkeg! I'm so proud of her standing up to Alucard about that. And it made me think of her and Alice on Vampire Island playing with their critters.

Fun chapter.

Lion in the Land chapter 4 . 10/2/2009
Droids! Being but a wee lass when the Star Wars movies first came out, they were my earliest favoritest thing about Star Wars. Them and Chewbacca. (Hey, I haven't rubbed this in your face yet - A New Hope, Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi - all on the big screen. Jealous?)

Before I forget, the jump from the aircraft in the last chapter was sufficiently traumatic that it warranted the slap from Seras. I liked it. I liked their bodies being tangled together, too. ;) Plus, their relationship is still new enough in this story that I don't think Seras is too in awe yet to try a slap.

The lightsaber sparring was quite interesting. I never thought it to be a sexy thing before, but it would appear the No Life King remains a perv, even as Sithucard.

Nice developments with more on Alucard's romantic feelings toward his apprentice and the new mission. Here's my question about the writing of this: Every chapter, you're like, "I don't know if I'm going to continue," and yet whenever I get to the next chapter, it all seems so cohesive, as if it's been planned from the beginning. And then in review responses, you even talk about going beyond this set of chapters and into a trilogy - so when you write this, do you have a map for the whole thing in your head, and what you're not sure of is whether you're going to take the time to write it all out?

160 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »