Reviews for Such a Quiet Thing, to Fall
Lion in the Land chapter 3 . 10/1/2009
Another good one. :) You did such a nice job laying out the Sith code, especially with Alucard questioning Seras and making her really think about it. And then again with the example of Revan (whom I assume was a real Star Wars guy?) and Alucard telling Seras that she was thinking like a Sith.

I really like how you are taking your time with Alucard and Seras's interactions. Everything comes about so naturally.

I thought that was very interesting commentary about “'A Jedi must open his mind to knowledge', yet they forbid all the teachings of their enemies. Kind of makes you wonder how they know enough to pass judgment, doesn't it?” I feel that way about religion sometimes. They always talk about not reading certain things and not watching certain movies, and it only makes me suspicious - what are they afraid of? And it also makes me feel like they think I don't have a brain - I'm going to read those things or see those things and suddenly be turned to the "dark side"? O_o Which I guess does happen to a lot of people going the Sith route...?

I do hope we're going to find out more of the answer to Seras's question: “If a Sith values freedom more than anything else, why do you serve Integra?”

Lion in the Land chapter 2 . 9/29/2009
I am just so amazed at how well these two universes blend together. It's so clever for you to even think of it, yet now it's so obvious that it was meant to be - this analogy between Hellsing and the Sith. They have the same sort of reputation of being bad, even though they are good, but still there are fuzzy grey areas...er, right?

In this story, is Alucard just a really powerful Sith, or is there more to him? Or am I not supposed to quite know yet?

"they were obviously not designed for someone as... 'amply endowed' as she." Nice detail, there. How very sensitive for you, a male, to recognize the difficulty of finding a nicely fitting blouse, or Sith robe, for us chesty gals. ;)

"what in the moons of Bogden" - another nice touch that made me laugh. :)

You really did an outstanding job with the dynamic between all of them in this chapter. I am such a sucker for when Integra gets soft and comforting with Seras. It's just so nice to see her be a little maternal. And you absolutely nail Alucard with every single line and action. It's just so...him. I feel like I am watching him in the Anime or OVA, except it's even better, cuz that Crispin's not all throaty and overlydramaticizing. :P

So, if you can't tell by my review, I am liking this story very, very much and look forward to seeing what happens next. :D

Lion in the Land chapter 1 . 9/28/2009
That was pretty cool to see the Hellsing story put in a Star Wars universe. You did a nice job making them blend; it felt natural, not forced.

"Jedi girl" - hee hee. And it looks like I'll be learning some Starwarsian swearing. Awesome. :)

I do already have one question - what does it mean to become a Sith? How binding is it? You said: 'In just a few minutes, she would be dead.' - does someone die to become a Sith, like when they become a vampire?

Lara chapter 1 . 9/27/2009
Well, I think that you are an amazing writer. I thoroughly enjoyed this story, and you kept me interested all the way through. You had each characters personalities perfect, especially Seras(I love her).
Ludifer chapter 9 . 9/12/2009
Ah this was a very good story. I think you blended the star wars universe with hellsing very well, I don't know as much as these so-called fanatics of star wars but I get by with a better then average knowledge. :)

Nice idea with the red mist.

Looking forward to the sequel, feel free to note me so I can read it.
loki chapter 9 . 9/6/2009
A truly different, yet intriguing, crossover.
Epidot chapter 1 . 8/7/2009
I must say, this is the best alternative Hellsing story I have ever read. I missed Pip though.
BrazeRancor chapter 9 . 7/26/2009
Not a bad finish, a dab of 'Phorse Philosophy' wasn't misplaced either. But, in Luke and Alucard's fight you said, 'Dark Side Powers.' Whilst it's barely noticable, you should have said 'an impressive command of the Dark Side.'

Borderline gamer talk. Not really noticeable, but...
Materioptikon chapter 9 . 7/25/2009
...the fact Alucard was the Lord of Hunger, in retrospect, makes a lot of sense; I'm not denying it. Nor am I questioning your rationale for shortening out battle scenes that could get overly complicated.

It's just that now I wonder if I should have let Etrigan kick Alucard in half in chapter 2 of Madhouse like the Captain does in The Dawn.
CrazyLemon chapter 9 . 7/24/2009
Mazing Man! it was very well written, and you've got me totally hooked now, even if i wasn't before. :D
Crow T R0bot chapter 9 . 7/23/2009
After a relatively short wait, it's high time we see the Valentine confrontation. I'll admit I would have preferred an "epic" style battle writing, but the good old ultraviolence was true to Hellsing form, and happily enough, the HKs, even as cheap knockoffs, failed to disappoint with their barrage of awesomeness.

My only big problem with this chapter was that Jan "Bringing on the Mothafuckin' death by Konami!" Valentine *never spoke* at any point in this chapter. His hamminess will be greatly missed, especially since he was pretty quiet compared to his anime/manga counterpart. Regardless, as a villain, you will be missed Mr. Valentine.

Ah, at last, Alucard reveals his true identity. I know you spoiled it for me in advance, but seeing the big reveal, however quick it came, was truly an awesome moment. Now I'm just starting to wonder how the Lord of Hunger relearned to speak Basic instead of that Lovecraftian gobbledeygook that he made whenever talking to Visas or the Exile. :P

And now, more than ever, I want to give Seras a hug. I don't care if being connected to the Force makes you its "pawn," I wouldn't want to have my own connection severed if I had one (shivers). Hopefully she'll be able to suck it up and bounce back in due time. You're strong enough for that Seras! :)

P.S. Finally, after much delay, I wrote the first couple of paragraphs of Chapter 20 of GK and a little more of TEFB. I've been distracted by some reading and the intrawebs and work, but with the weekend coming up, it's time to play catchup. After 2 and 1 month(s) of waiting to deal with each fic, I plan to try to move through both entries as quickly as possible. Hope you enjoy them when I have them taken care of! ;)
Sammich Man chapter 9 . 7/23/2009
Well, this was certainly an interesting chapter, good work on the length. You've been able to cross-over two story arcs for the Hellsing portion of the story. From the two fights, it was done well, and then you having Alucard's actual identity for this cross-over.

Nine chapters for this story is a nice length. Not too long but with enough things done in the story for the ending to be quite interesting. Good work on your ending, I liked it, it leaves it off for the current conflicts resolved but the imagination of what else could be in store.
Kamizune chapter 9 . 7/23/2009
fantastic. splendid. tantalising. want more. plese.

thanks
KawaiiKittyChan chapter 9 . 7/23/2009
the end is pretty confusing, yet, deep... Deeper than I would expect. This is not feeling like an appropriate final yet though as it seems a little too empty. No chance on having a sort of epilogue?

Anyway, it was good... But it still feels slightly un-finished. What about Vevut Ordo and Fergusson for instance? How will Seras cope with her "Freedom"? Will Alucard ever earn forgiveness? That sort of stuff I feel like knowing.

Still, good story.
Haissan chapter 9 . 7/23/2009
Holy shit, what are you pulling all this from? jeeze, change a few names and you could have yourself a seriously serious Sith book...hot damn
160 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »