Reviews for Namesake
ladybria chapter 13 . 3/22/2010
I absolutely loved this one! Its perfect in that its not all rainbows, and that theirs pain and hardships and yet their still a family. Still flying. Wonderful work, I'm so glad I read it.
Draco Tamer chapter 13 . 2/16/2010
This was wonderful! I'm a big fan of the 'next gen' stories and this is one of the best I've ever read. I like how you let all the facts out in little pieces through out the story. Very good!
ModernScribe chapter 13 . 1/10/2010
This was beautiful. I loved how you captured both Mal's feelings for Zoe and little Zoe. It was touching and sweet. Not over-the-top, but just enough that it kept you in semi-tears. Great writing!
vballmania23 chapter 13 . 8/22/2009
Oh, I absolutely loved this story! It's possibly one of the best children-on-Serenity stories I've read.
Madje Knotts chapter 13 . 7/5/2009
This was a good fic, loved all the parts with Little Zoe and loved Mal taking the becoming a father thing head-on, it was really good!
Carolnma chapter 13 . 12/27/2008
Well, you have done it again. Thank you so much for sharing your writing talent with the rest of us. I very much enjoy you take on the cast of characters in Firefly. I look forward to your next contribution.

Happy New Year,

Carol
twilight seeker3 chapter 1 . 12/19/2008
I love this story even with Zoe's death. I can so see baby Zoe blowing the Alliance a kiss.

Happy Holidays and gentle journey,

twi
RionaEire chapter 13 . 12/17/2008
This was a very good story. I cried 3 and a half times, the half was because I had tears but they didn't fall. You really conveyed Mal's emotions in a very effective way and I enjoyed your expert writing and the clever things you did to make this a deep and meaningful story. I liked how each part started out with "he" that alone was meaningful somehow, conveying a sense of epic while at the same time necessary and natural events and actions. I loved the continued threads of family and deep love of many kinds. I especially liked the parts where you described the bond between Big Zoe and Mal and the parts that highlighted the family that is Serenity. One thing for future reference: you are a bit fuzzy on ages. An example being that when Inara was pregnant with Michael Zoe had just turned 8 and gotten bread. Then in the next bit Michael is a year and a half old and little Zoe is almost 9, I see a problem here that I just can't overlook. :) My favorite line in the story was the part about how Big Zoe and Mal's shratnal wounds had healed together and bound them, that was ever so vivid and poignant and it made me nearly cry, that was the half. :)

Riona
writtenwordlover chapter 13 . 12/16/2008
I read this over at F*F*N a while back and loved every chapter. It's one of the best second generation Firefly stories around. The premise is brilliant and the characters are in character and the plot is believable. It's Mal's story mainly from his point of view and that’s something that doesn't get done very often or very well... a must read for fans.
MAndrews chapter 13 . 12/16/2008
Wow! I spent half my day reading this and while not time productively spent, it was definitely time enjoyably spent.

I liked the way you split it into sections, and liked the way you posted more than one little section in a chapter instead of each separately.

I thought everyone was very in character and the emotions were well portrayed without being over done.
SerenityHope15 chapter 5 . 12/16/2008
"Can I have tomorrow off?" Omg! I can't decide whether to cry or laugh! Please add to this story! It is so amazing!
SerenityHope15 chapter 2 . 12/16/2008
OMg! I am so glad that you posted this here! I read it before on LJ, and absolutley DIED laughing at the wedding scene! It was so freakin hilarious that any time I remember it I laugh out loud, just read it again and it made my night. such a sweet touching saga! Can't wait to read more of your stuff.