Reviews for God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen
Guest chapter 14 . 11/10/2014
What happened after where they happy did they have more children?
labRT2004 chapter 14 . 1/21/2014
What a fun, creative take on Gone with the Wind! I never did realize how similar Rhett and Ebeneezer Scrooge are. Great choices with who the ghosts were. And I love the happy ending!
Firth'sDarcy chapter 14 . 12/14/2012
Oh this story was just darling! I loved how you managed to take Dickens' classic and adapt it to GWTW. You somehow managed to merge the feeling of the two novels. Very well done! :)
Firth'sDarcy chapter 13 . 12/14/2012
This is too cute. Really, I think Dickens himself would be proud of it. With Rhett acting all, post-dream Scrooge so wonderfully.
Firth'sDarcy chapter 12 . 12/14/2012
My good LORD the imagery in this chapter was BRILLIANT! So ominous and deafening. Bravo!
Firth'sDarcy chapter 11 . 12/14/2012
What was it Gerald said at the beginning? Rhett was losing his soul? I thought that he meant his cutting off Scarlett, but i see now he'd meant it on a much deeper level.
Firth'sDarcy chapter 10 . 12/14/2012
the last two lines in this chapter were very powerful. I really don't think Scarlett would let Ashley ban her from working, though.
Firth'sDarcy chapter 9 . 12/14/2012
Oh! Bonnie? that's ever so sweet to bring her back. I was worried you'd have his father or something horrible. don't ask me why...this is so great!
Firth'sDarcy chapter 8 . 12/14/2012
I super love that you had Rhett seeing Ashley propose to Scarlett...and i loved his reaction.
Firth'sDarcy chapter 7 . 12/14/2012
The scene with the children was absolutely HEARTBREAKING. I can't...it's so sad. it was so, so sad. and Wade and the pistol...I never expected that.
Firth'sDarcy chapter 6 . 12/14/2012
I loved this chapter most. i've always wanted Rhett to see Scarlett at Tara after the war; just to see that she could be loyal and mature, when she needed to be. Maybe he wouldn't have teased her as much?
Firth'sDarcy chapter 5 . 12/14/2012
First of all, YAY, Melanie! :D

Secondly, it's interesting you mentioned Tomorrow, because I found this story by looking through your profile after i'd seen TOMORROW in so many people's favourite stories. I haven't read it, yet...because I don't really care about 'the next generation'. but, there must be something about it to have amazed so many readers! i suppose i'll give it a try, since I genuinely enjoy your writing style.
Firth'sDarcy chapter 4 . 12/14/2012
i did see the parallels between Gerald's spoiling Scarlett against Ellen's wishes and Rhett doing the same with Bonnie but now I wonder if there is an even greater parallel - did Gerald spoil Scarlett to get back at Ellen for not loving him? Did he know about Phillip?

Again, wonderful wonderful writing!
Firth'sDarcy chapter 3 . 12/14/2012
I really really really love your writing. Your descriptions are clear and delightful. It's quite an enjoyable read!
Firth'sDarcy chapter 2 . 12/14/2012
Scarlett's Pa! OMG! I totally didn't expect that! Exciting!

Rhett is super cold in your story. I suppose the months after leaving Scarlett have turned his cool detachment into bitter resentment.