Reviews for Rogues' Gallery
cklammer chapter 9 . 1/7
You write well. The characters are good and the plot and the pace thereof are comfortable.

An enjoyable read. Here is the deal: if you update, I'll review.
Ryan Chessman aka Crys chapter 9 . 10/28/2013
huh. interesting idea. too bad it seems abandoned.

Good idea to fry almost all the New Republic tech. The Colonial anti-cylon feeling will keep Gate ineffective. That's the only way to prevent this from devolving into "The New Republic comes in and stomps the entiry cylon race into the dirt, taking only 3 casualties in the process"

Janson and Thrace would be quite a pait, wouldn't they? For a very short time.
kalani.gapido chapter 9 . 6/26/2013
I love this story...I know its probably abandonded but i would love to see the Colonials face when they reach Alliance space...Good character developement too
Zeph3r chapter 9 . 2/2/2013
You will continue this story.

I expect an update soon, otherwise I shall be most displeased.
MasterXMaster chapter 9 . 12/23/2012
Very good fic. I hope you will continue it.
His Majesty the Emperor chapter 9 . 10/4/2012
As Guest pointed out, Pegasus is bound to make an appearance soon. That is, if you stick that close to what happened in OTL. Cain is bound to cause all kinds of hell if that happened. Imagine if Cain was able to find some Republic world after kidnapping G8 and using him to find her way back into known space. Lord knows what kind of hell she could unleash upon the universe if she got her hands on Galactic level technology. *shivers at the thought*

The Cylons wouldn't stand a snowball's chance in hell if the Pegasus was retrofitted with turbolasers.
Guest chapter 9 . 10/2/2012
I wonder if Admiral Cain will show up with the "Pegasus" in one of the next Chapters - might make this entire Situation even more interesting.
MillaTime chapter 4 . 9/30/2012
Z95s are one of the first that come to mind for me and R41s they are my two fav fighters :)
the viper/X-wing comparison i didnt know that info and Hobbie was perfect for that. and well done that sounds like something he would have said.

I also agree on the whole no jedi and all. and that is over done. i do like how corran horn was force sensitive but didnt know untill later on in the books. and he didnt decide to become a jedi when luke asked him.

my writings will be more towards the rogues than the wraits reason being with the rogues there was more space than spec ops. my fav book in the series not sure the tite off the top of my head but the rogues get a corellian corvette and retro fit it to hold the TIEs.
anyways good work so far enjoying the story keep it up
Cyrannus chapter 9 . 9/27/2012
more chapters of this excellent story are required
RKB chapter 9 . 8/13/2012
I just read on your profile page that you are updating this story. That being the case please disregard my earlier review. I understand that you have a real life aside from writing fan fiction, so please take as long as you need. I'm just happy that I got a definitive answer from you. Most authors leave a story for months, if not years, without informing anyone if and when they will update.
But enough with that, let me give a proper review for this excellent story, seeing as I did not do so in my last review. As I mentioned before, this is one of the few good Star Wars/Battlestar Galactica that I have found. It doesn't help that there are so few of these crossovers to begin with. But what is it about your story that is so good?
Well to begin with, decent grammar and spelling makes it readable and understandable. There are no giant blocks of text that are an absolute eyesore to read, everything here is divided well so that a person can read what you have written without getting frustrated. But aside from excellent grammar, what else about this story is good? Well, the characters are in character and act as they would as if this was actually occurring in Canon. The Rogues act as they should, and the Colonials act as they should. Everything that occurs so far in this story is rational and makes logical sense. So many writers, be they of fan fiction or actually published writers will screw up continuity or character in order to justify their hack writing. Thankfully, you DO NOT fall into the same problem here.
Another thing I enjoy is that the technology gap between these two cultures is not bashed over the heads of the readers. Now we all know that a single Star Destroyer could curb stomp the entire Colonial fleet before the fall of the 12 Colonies and the entire Cylon Armada combined. Star Wars technology is more advanced than BSG technology. We all know that. But I like that you aren't rubbing it in the faces of the Colonial characters. So many crossovers I read involving BSG will inevitably result in the Colonial characters being in complete awe and disbelief over the advanced technology other people have. While it is gratifying to see a genocidal race of cyborgs get a royal smack down, it inevitably becomes tedious, because the end result is assured, and all tension evaporates.
But the Rogues don't have a Star Destroyer at there disposal. They don't have a Jedi, or an army. All they have is a broken shuttle, a droid, some guns, each other, and a whole lot of wit. That creates actual tension. Our heroes are in actual peril. This is interesting. I'm sure inevitably we will get a scene with the Cylons getting blown to pieces by a Republic ship, and I'm fine with that, I just hope it is not at the expense of the Colonial characters. Finally, all the characters so far are relevant to the story and have something to contribute to the narrative. No one is unnecessary, and no part of this story is pointless to the larger role of the narrative. Here is something I would like to recommend though and warn about. I really cannot emphasize this enough; many a story has been ruined by the following.
Because the BSG universe is so intentionally low tech, it is often the case in crossovers for the characters in BSG to be over shadowed by the bigger, more powerful (insert name of group here). Be it a star trek crossover, or a stargate crossover, or a halo crossover, if it is a crossover with BSG, the following cliches usually occur.
Scenario 1. the Colonies encounter a group of advanced people before the Cylons destroyed the Colonies in Canon. For one stupid reason or another, because the plot demands this, a misunderstanding leads to a shooting war, usually started by the Colonies. The Colonies proceed to have their A**es handed to them, with light to moderate losses on their opponents side. All the while, throughout what passes for a story the group of superior people constantly ridicule the colonies for being a bunch of unintelligent, primitive, xenophobic religious zealots. The other cliche is this:
Scenario 2. The surviving members of the 12 Colonies are on the run from the Cylons when they run into a (insert name of group here) ship. There is some minor paranoia over whether it is some Cylon trap on the Colonial side, but soon enough the colonials are convinced and a dialogue is opened. The colonials then take a back seat while the (insert name of group here) take prominence, being the more advanced and all around better group and all. This cliche normally involves the Cylons showing up, getting beat down, and the Colonials marveling at how much better their saviors are then themselves while becoming supporting characters in there own story. Said story usually ends with the Cylons wiped out/at peace with the superior force, and by extension the Colonials, while the Colonials settle on a small, out of the way colony under the protection of the (insert name of group here).
While both scenarios are different, there is one major similarity that you should avoid at all costs. Do not allow the technological superiority of the Star Wars universe to overshadow the Colonial characters. Portray the positives and negatives of both sides. Show both sides to be competent, able and willing to do what is necessary to survive in a hostile place. In short, make sure that there is a place for everyone and that everyone has a place.
Based on the direction your story is going I highly doubt you will fall into the same trap that other authors have when it comes to technological disparity, but I have seen so many potentially good stories ruined by this, so I am not taking any chances here.
you are obviously an excellent writer who knows what he is doing. I look forward to chapter 10.
RKB chapter 9 . 8/2/2012
I have a bad feeling that this story is abandoned. I hope that this is not the case, but I fear that this is the truth. It's such a pity, you have a really good story here. And I was looking forward to seeing it continued. There are so few decent Battlestar Galactica/Star Wars crossovers out there, and this is one of them. Now that I think of it, there are few Battlestar Galactica/Star Wars crossovers, period. Which is odd, seeing as Star Wars inspired the creation of the original Battlestar Galactica series, but I digress.
If you read this review, please consider continuing the story, or alerting your readers that the story is indeed abandoned.
Arthur Nathaniel Onymous chapter 9 . 6/7/2012
I will say this first off- the story is better than the premise, MUCH better.

Second, after having read through this, I can't help but think of Sabaon's 'Aces in Exile' - the two go perfectly with each other.

Third, this is an Everyman's story- it is better with background knowledge, but it isn't neccessary to understanding the tale.

Just my two cents.
Electra Flare chapter 9 . 3/2/2012
I hope this gets finished :)
PardoxPixie chapter 4 . 9/15/2011
Wars have the ability to cause early promotions for everyone. (Thus Wedge's General so young, even after refusing for several years) I prefer Bacta War, But understand your reasoning. It took me a a bit before I picked up on your name for the shuttle, but I did. The problem I have with the humor in the Wraith Squadron books- and with Phanan in particular- is that there are no one-liners! I can't use any of his lines for quotes because they make no sense, no funny, without Face's line to precede or follow his!
PardoxPixie chapter 2 . 9/15/2011
It's a good thing they don't have any Wookies traveling with them at this time. If any species would freak out a bunch early space-flight humans, Wookies howling would qualify. :)