Reviews for Avatar Aang: An Annotated Bibliography
storm101 chapter 40 . 9/22
Inordinately proud of myself for figuring out the mathematical language regarding the Infinitesimal Priority debate by the end of its first proper chapter. Basically, midway through I went "Wait. Did Sokka and Zuko just invent calculus? ...Yes. Good. That's perfect."

And considering I majored in English... well. It's no real wonder the summary said 'most dry and academic fanfiction' and I went 'I need to see this perfect work of satire.'

As for ideas for bibliographical works, I'd love to see further suggestions as to who the "Blue Spirit" might be (since it can't be Zuko, obviously), and maybe an article about the earthbending competitions they found Toph at? Or an annotation about a manual written by Iroh about tea (and philosophy or life and war). Or just more Iroh in general. (I can 100% see him composing music, too). Though admittedly that might be too tangential to include in an annotated bibliography about the Avatars.
lilyoftheval5 chapter 40 . 8/29
Thank you for this amazing insights.
Loved it to pieces.
Ikurus chapter 40 . 8/23
This is absolutely brilliant. Thank you for writing and sharing this.
theWriterunknown chapter 1 . 10/27/2014
This is possibly the most weird and intricate fan fiction out there... and I love it! Its as if I'm actually reading a school textbook-which is weird because its about Avatar.
Kisuminight chapter 40 . 9/30/2014
Why don't you post a work about how Zuko wound up appointing his various officials? I'm sure SOMEONE would be stupid (in the sense that some people do stupid things on whims without regard to thinking them through) enough to comment on 'blatant favoritism' in the direct aftermath of the Hundred Years' War (especially if Zuko wasn't considered a very good Firelord at the time), though it would probably wind up getting little more than a little scorn by the time the opinion on Firelord Zuko reversed.
And whatever did happen to General Iroh and all of the White Lotus after that final battle in Ba Sing Se? Did they just go home? And the organization itself: did it disband? Survive to become a conspiracy theory? Still meet up every weekend for a game of Pai Sho?
IamAdam chapter 40 . 5/9/2014
This whole thing is great! Too bad it's over (?) though.

I have only one complaint: Needs more Iroh. He's not mentioned at all. Outrage!
Elise chapter 2 . 3/18/2014
Brilliant. I'll surely consult this bibliography should I ever be in the position to write a paper about Avatar Aang or related topics. Thank you very much for providing this to the academic community.
storywriter1id chapter 40 . 1/20/2014
I really enjoyed this. I've been toying around with an idea that Iroh wrote "Art of War" in the ATLA universe and referenced it in a couple of my fanfics. Maybe you could do that here.
Tezi the Waterbender chapter 2 . 11/28/2013
oh, is it a bibliography? Sorry...
Tezi the Waterbender chapter 1 . 11/28/2013
Just a comment: the word for telling the story of someone's life is a biography. A bibliography is the list of sources you use to write something, like a works cited page. I love your idea, I just thought you might want to change that. Although someone else has probably told you.
Another Anonymous Annoyance chapter 5 . 11/25/2013
This is like my History textbook... I'm not sure if I can read all of it but know It will feel great when I do...
DragonRaptyr chapter 40 . 8/7/2013
Quite amusing a couple of the details about Korra that you got right

You got Tenzin and Kya, Being the last and first children, Kya being a waterbender and Tenzin an airbender pretty much spot on. Seriously impressive.

And with legend of Korra out, you could even throw extra stuff into your bibliography, editing it appropriately.
algebra123230 chapter 33 . 6/17/2013
This is sort of weird, considering how respected Annals actually is... but funny anyway :)

Also, I originally assumed that this was standard differential calculus, but it looks like you're _actually_ referring to infinitesimals? Nice.
algebra123230 chapter 14 . 6/17/2013
Ha, "infinitesimals priority." I don't really peg Zuko as either a Newton or a Leibniz, though...
Karinta chapter 17 . 4/8/2013
This is my favourite chapter.

How is one to even play a whole-tone scale on the pentatonic guzheng without an insane amount of string-bending...?

And one more thing: what is the metrical/thematic structure of the traditional Omashu Hop-dance?