Reviews for A Rose Among the Thorns
Soso chapter 44 . 7/12
Please continue. I love your fanfiction
severusfangirl13 chapter 44 . 1/4
I know it has been a few years since this story was last updated, but I can't get it out of my head. Nor can I seem to forget the series of May. I needed only four days to tear through the entire series you wrote, and was quite distraught to find this one uncompleted. From the first sentence, your story drew me in as the exact tale I had been longing and searching for: a believable romance between Barbossa and a like-able female OC. Not to mention being well-written. I desperately hope that someday you will come back to this story, or else I, along with many other avid readers most likely, will still have that restless feeling of not knowing what happens next.
Wishing you all the best!
Violette Penn chapter 44 . 9/23/2014
This is a beautiful story, it is a pity it will never be finished as Nytd died in 2013. Farewell, my dear, you were the best writer of POTC fanfiction I have ever come across.
AliceInLa-La-Land1215 chapter 44 . 8/24/2014
are you ever going to update or is it complete?
Guest chapter 1 . 5/29/2014
I really love this story! It's a real shame you never finished it :(
Erin Bloodrein Sage chapter 18 . 4/19/2014
Haha I loved her argument with her voice of reason xD and the 'oh you'll listen to him but not me' was perfect. I've read this story a few times now and it doesn't get old. I love it

- EBS -
E. Darkbow chapter 44 . 2/14/2014
This is one of the best fanfiction series I have ever read. I know you must have a good reason for not completing it, but May's story still has a lot of potential and I would gladly read more if you ever update it (and, judging by the amount of reviews this story has, many others would, as well).
purple-peacock chapter 40 . 12/8/2013
It has been such a joy reading this story. I first read Memories of May years ago (I was in the 10th grade, I think. I'm almost finished with 12th now). I enjoyed the story probably more than I should have. May is such a well-developed OC, and oddly enough, I really admired her. However, what really got me was Barbossa's characterization. He was so in character throughout both stories-and I know how hard it is to keep characters that are not your own in character. And I think you've done the best job of writing Jack that I've seen in fanfiction. He can be a tricky character to write, I know, so cudos to you.

When I first finished Memories of May (I've read both stories multiple times) and saw that you had a sequel up, I was really excited to read it. However, when I saw that A Rose Among Thorns was incomplete and that it had been a long while since you had updated, I was iffy about reading it. But I just couldn't not read it after having read Memories of May and loving it so much. So after I finished reading what you had written of A Rose Among Thorns, I put the story on my watch list, hoping that you would eventually update. You haven't.

I'm not going to go begging for an update, but I will say this: it would be a great shame to have come so far to just stop. All the time and effort you put into this lovely sequel to your equally lovely Memories of May; just to be left half finished, waiting to be completed. What happened on the Black Pearl after Rabara's mutiny? Does Turk ever give Tortuga Lilly a piece of his mind? Do they find the Fountain of Youth? Do May and Barbossa finally get married? Do they settle in Wiltshire or Padstow? Do they have children? Did May's uncle Jed ever kill Barbossa for "bedding his niece?" And what about Jonothan? I hope that one day you will continue this wonderful little story, and that these questions will be answered when/if you do.

I don't usually leave reviews. I know I should, but...well, I just don't. However, I felt like I owed it to you for writing such an amazing story, even though you haven't, and may never, finish the sequel. Memories of May and A Rose Among Thorns are truly great fanfictions, and I thank you for writing and sharing them with us
Bloodrein chapter 44 . 10/21/2013
I love this story so much! The way it's told and how realistic it is
LittleRose1 chapter 44 . 9/5/2013
Amazing! Please update soon! (:
VictoriaBarbossa chapter 5 . 7/31/2013
I'm screaming. And crying. I don't really know what else to do regarding all this. Somehow, I still find myself loving every word of it. Keep up the great work! :D
Carma Bain Bentley chapter 44 . 1/14/2013
Im a bit surprised you still havent finished thos yet. Whars been hapening? Be glad to see the next chappy. Ily :-D
gaarasgrl19 chapter 6 . 7/29/2012
I actually teared up when she had to leave rogue.
Useless19 chapter 44 . 7/13/2012
I found the first part of this over on the tvtropes fanfic recs list and was still iffy about reading an OC story. I can say now that I'm glad I did. I fell in love with May within the first chapter of Memories of May and then went on a massive archive binge to read through everything that makes up the saga. May is a wonderful character, I think in part because I didn't have to pour over a huge backstory for her right away, I learnt about her with the rest of the characters in the story, just like she (and me) was learning about the other characters in turn.

Thank you for restoring my faith of main character OCs.

You've done a brilliant job of handling the regular characters, Barbossa feels exactly like he should without the pressure we usually see on him (I've also gone through Naught But a Humble Pirate and loved it), and Jack's his wonderful scoundrel self. You've breathed life into your other OCs and really fleshed out the world Pirates of the Caribbean is set in.

Thank you, again, for writing such a masterpiece.
GrabAllTheyCan chapter 44 . 4/19/2012
This is utterly spellbinding. Such a fantastic story. I know it's rather cheeky to ask for an update but i wouldn't be opposed to one. :) Definitely a favourite of mine. Well done.