Reviews for Disguised
El Gringo Loco chapter 3 . 1/22/2009
I kind of enjoyed Klink putting Hogan in his place for once. And he made a good point - in the German army striking a superior officer probably would have gotten the offender shot. If they were lucky.

Still it's nice to know that Hogan's men would rally around him. And I shall be interested in reading what London has on this individual. My impression, if I might borrow a line from Newkirk - "She's b;oofy crackers she is."
parazesis chapter 2 . 12/29/2008
Oh, very nice :D. You've got a good bold Premise now stick with it. I'm looking forward to seeing how she (and the men) adjust to her being there. So she punched out Hogan did she? *grins* good for her, now if she falls for him later I'm gonna go psycho. (don't mind my threats, write it as you would :) ))
El Gringo Loco chapter 2 . 12/19/2008
I'm glad the author decided to continue this story. And I see storm clouds on it's horizon. I'm not sure what PO McPhee's game is. But someone needs to sit her down and expain a few things to her. Like, if she's wants an invitation to be guest of dishonor at a full dress court martial. Striking a superior officer is likely to get it for her. And that her "martyr complex" isn't going to help anyone. Least of all her late lamented brother or herself.

I'm curious as to what the author has in mind for this story and look forward to reading more.
ColHogan chapter 2 . 12/18/2008
Hm. That's not gonna help McPhee's cause any. Striking a superior officer is bad enough, and that officer being the Senior POW officer at that. AND if that wasn't bad enough, she does it right in front of Klink. Wonder what Klink will do other than put her in the cooler for striking a superior officer even if that superior officer is Hogan? And what will Hogan do? This certainly isn't gonna endear her to him. Somebody better sit that 'young lady' down and tell her about herself and qyuick before she does something to endanger the men's operation.
96 Hubbles chapter 1 . 12/17/2008
Odd place to end it.

I'm curious too: how is hiding in a POW camp going to avenge her brother? You didn't mention how she came into camp (or what she's doing in the military for that matter), so at first I thought she came in the regular way since she was disguised as a man.

Still, I guess we can assume it's through the tunnels, and therefore she knows about the escape system, but that still doesn't mean she could automatically presume Hogan will take her on to his team. Except for Hogan and his four main men, the entire camp doesn't always have a job to do. So why shouldn't she want to go home and be reassigned to an actual job as a nurse, pilot, codebreaker or whatever, and help the war effort that way?

But she's young I guess, and hasn't thought it through. (Hmm, that would be an interesting twist for a girl in camp: she convinces Hogan to let her stay and then ends up bored out of her mind making the coffee and mending the socks.)

Anyway, this is my wordy way of warning you that Roberta is in danger of becoming a Mary Sue. Apart from that, the writing was good - though, again, what's with the ending? - and I did like the character. The bit between her and Newkirk was good; she shot him down, but without being *too* spunky, and his smirk as he backed off seemed totally in character.

One last thing: how did Hogan know there was a Robert McPhee? Wouldn't he have simply assumed she was using the male version of her own name?
konarciq chapter 1 . 12/17/2008
Very interesting tale! But the others are so right: this story is only just beginning. Please continue!
ColHogan chapter 1 . 12/17/2008
Just finished reading your story. Like the previous reviewer,I feel there should be more. I know you've marked this story as complete, but the ending sort of seems unfinished and requires, no, calls for more. You have the premise of a good story beginning here, but you need to decide if you're going to continue it, or leave it seemingly hanging at the end. Other than that, you've done a good job.
El Gringo Loco chapter 1 . 12/17/2008
A short, rather amusing and intriguing story that somehow feels incomplete. I rather enjoyed the new arrival putting Newkirk in his place. But by their expressed desires and reasoning for it. It's quite clear that they have a rather serious problem. I'd like to see how the individual fits in with the Hero's. And if they can somehow help their newest comrade through what ails them.