Reviews for In Another Castle
Jukebox Mill chapter 1 . 6/30/2014
This is an extraordinary read. I was searching for one-shots on a whim, (and something to subvert the genre besides, though who the hell knows what search words to key in for that kind of thing?), and happened upon this little gem.

It's fantastic. :) Why does dreck get all the love, eh? Have my highest compliments, and I'm off to read your Metroid piece.
mario 1999 chapter 1 . 2/9/2012
aw
Abrams Generation Trekkie chapter 1 . 1/30/2010
This was really well written and I love how much humanity you put into both of the characters.

I also thought that was really clever what you did with the issue of Mario's last name. Doesn't matter in the world they're in.

Quality Mario/Peach stories are few and far between. Thanks for the contribution.
Foxeaf chapter 1 . 11/29/2009
I think I've read this over a thousand times..

Okay, not a thousand, but more than once.

It's so beautifully written, an interesting and unique way of how the battle ended.

Probably the best I've read too.

SuperLardBucket chapter 1 . 4/14/2009
...I'm at a loss for words... This was just plain fantastic... I wouldn't have changed a thing. I especially love this line

" beautiful in the way that we all become when we have been surprised by happiness"

It's simple, yet delightfully poetic.
Having Now Grown Up chapter 1 . 1/5/2009
Superb.

You probably already know that I have a weakness for grounding fantasy in reality, and this doesn't disappoint in that regard. It was detailed and emotionally resonant, Peach's angle in particular. Mario has become something of an ever-cheerful shell of a character in recent years, so it was great to see him in an unaccented, contemplative and gentle role for a change. I've always been intrigued by the eternal thanklessness of his job as a hero, so it was great to see that explored, however briefly, here.

And the flow of the writing, especially at the start, calls to mind film noir or gonzo journalism (big favourites), so I was sucked right in.

Any criticism at all? I'm not sure 'prettily' is the ideal adverb for a woman's laugh. Might've gone with 'musically' or something of the like, but it's really your call, and otherwise, the story's flawless.

I'd love to see you turn your attention towards something more epic than one-shots, Heirloom is still a stand-out for me.

Cheers,

Sway.
hfkjadhsfkhadlifajsdf chapter 1 . 12/21/2008
THAT, WAS VERY GOOD, BUT U SHOULD HAVE INCLUDED THE BATTLE AGAINST BOWSER
Walkazo chapter 1 . 12/20/2008
Very good, and very interesting.

At first I found it hard to accept the Bowser-as-a-disgusting-monster motif, seeing as most "Mario" games make him out as a humerous villain, but it didn't take too long for me to get so into the story that it didn't matter anymore. The parts about what he subjected Peach into were especially enthralling. The ending was okay, though I thought it was a bit strange that Mario forgot his surname, but I gather he's been searching for a while, and I guess it's not so far-fetched considering all he's been through. I also liked the part about gravity and magic - I think about the Laws of Nature in the Marioverse a lot myself.

Keep up the good work!
ChocolateTeapot chapter 1 . 12/18/2008
Seriously cool story. I love the way you portray Mario. The description at the beginning really pulled me into the story.