Reviews for Past Troubles: Chapt 2
randomobsession123 chapter 2 . 1/26/2013
remodeling and rebuilding of the livingroom and the fireplace after it supposedly collapsed for some reason that was never fully explained. Dad simply said, "Grandpa drove his Jeep into it."

Sure. That's what happened. Although he did drive the Jeep through it

Have fun telling your parents that your date's fathers name is David.
kaigirl16 chapter 4 . 6/14/2011
please continue
Ghostwriter chapter 4 . 3/21/2010
Cool. Keep it up. Catch ya on the flip side.
Ghostwriter chapter 3 . 2/19/2009
Great job. Catch ya on the flip side.
Ghostwriter chapter 2 . 12/28/2008
Great job. Catch ya on the flip side.
Nightcrawlerlover chapter 1 . 12/18/2008
“I’ll see you,” he said simply before walking away, not so much as gazing back once. I, however, watched him saunter away, dumbfounded and smiling. It was when Seth disappeared from sight that I noticed how much darker it had become.

Oh, shit. I thought to myself, scrambling for the keys and racing toward the parking lot. The sun had set long ago by the time I got home. Needless to say, Mom was less than pleased. She sat at the base of the stairs, her eyes shooting daggers the moment I stepped inside.

“What did I say?” she asked, fully aware of her own words.

“Mom…” I began

“No!” she interjected, “You agreed home before dark, Samantha. Why are we still having this issue?”

The thin veneer we’d all kept since I moved back home had been slowly stripping away for awhile; but now, it just utterly fell apart. I’d given them cause to distrust, worry, and fear for me, but I’d had enough. I wasn’t a child. I made mistake and was tired of the relentless guilt my parents fed to me daily.

I exploded, “Because neither of you will fucking trust me! I screwed up, Mom, but that doesn’t give you the right to hold it over my head! I’ve apologized every way I can think of and conceded to you, both, on ridiculous rules. Rules I inflicted on me like I was twelve years old! It’s enough!” I tossed the keys back onto the console table and ascended the stairs.

Unexpectedly, my mother said nothing as I exited toward my room, formerly Sam’s. Instead, I heard soft conversation downstairs. Though most was unintelligible, I knew the subject of discussion. My father’s baritone voice mumbled in the affirmative, only to turn around and provide a new point of interest. Mom responded in like, when later Grandma chimed in, putting the room below to silence for several minutes. I knew Grandma had defended me, or at least did some damage control. Hopefully, Dad wouldn’t completely remove my head when I woke up in the morning.

I listened awhile, catching various words that made no sense by themselves, before sleep caught me.

Brilliant! Samantha reminds me of me with her temper; of course I try to keep mine under control.

Keep up your awesome writing!
Ghostwriter chapter 1 . 12/17/2008
Very nice. Great job. Catch ya on the flip side.