Reviews for Invisible Puzzle Pieces
StarscreamII chapter 1 . 8/23/2011
Awww, this one made me sad too! You and your emotional writing! This piece was brilliant and beautiful, but bittersweet at the same time. Perfect little snippet into Nightbeat's past that lets us see what made him who he is.
1bloodtempest chapter 1 . 10/31/2010
That’s one big puzzle alright. The first time I had read this, I hadn’t completely understood everything that was going on, or why Nightbeat heard the voices. Now, however, I understand so much more.

“Nightbeat canted his head, unsure of what else to say. He opted for the most obvious statement, "I've never met another bot who could hear them."

Daybreak seemed a little surprised, and then smiled guiltily, as if realizing a past mistake he had never admitted to. Quickly shrugging it off, he smiled. "Well, now you have."”

I think that this part is one of the most revealing parts that foreshadows Nightbeat’s revelation of Daybreak’s identity at the end... and it also seems to me that Nightbeat’s Creator realized how much he had truly neglected his Creation because he was so preoccupied with his experiments. When Daybreak asked Nightbeat to promise him to listen to the voices, I think that Daybreak had an inkling of an idea that Nightbeat would need his gift for later in his life.

Daybreak was the astral projection that his Creator had successfully used to transmit to his Creation, to find out what Nightbeat thought and felt about hearing the voices. It’s so sad... Twilight wanted to get in touch with his Creation before he died; I have the feeling that the voices Twilight heard advised him to get in contact with his Creation before he left, or the voices wouldn’t be able to help Nightbeat for the future.

Tempest

Trick or TREAT!
Eerie Iri chapter 1 . 8/9/2010
To me, this just reiterates Nightbeat's awesomeness.
FunkyFish1991 chapter 1 . 6/1/2009
Oh, man; that one made me shiver.

This is really fantastic, Hearts. Possibly your best WE expansion. You make everything seem so real and effortless, with little things put in there that flesh out the scene without even calling attention to themselves.

When you started with the voice explanation I was furtively trying to find a nice little flaw in your Physics logic that I could bring up - but drew a total blank, which just whipped the story up a hundred or so awesome points D

I had a sneaking suspicion as to who Daybreak was after a little while that got more and more solid throughout the fic, but even so you still managed to keep me in the dark! I'm standing there in the open doorway and you're still darting in and out of the story and keeping me on the other side of the threshold right up until you thought it was okay for me to cross.

Your talent is so blindingly evident it makes me feel so, so proud of you and pleased to be able to see it _ I would be extremely interested in that original work you've been hinting at all over the place )

Big, big hug for you!

Oh, and I apologize for my... crazy last night on dA ; It had been qute a while since I'd slept D
Flameshield chapter 1 . 4/22/2009
intereting history lesson on a character that i was interested in. surprised it took me this long to find it...

anyway, have fun working on your current stories :)

Flame
theshadowcat chapter 1 . 12/19/2008
Very neat.
AutobotStarlight chapter 1 . 12/18/2008
This was a wonderful backstory to Nightbeat. I like the use of his father being the one to get to understand and keep the voices. Very meaningful that way. The name Pi was a crack up as well. Fantastic work and I can't wait for more!
Silveriss chapter 1 . 12/18/2008
A beautiful story. I really like this glimpse into Nightbeat here. It's funny. It's sort of sad but also sort of hopeful. It's not a depressing story to me even though I've been rather depressed lately. I rather like the emotion this story invokes.

Anyway, thank you for including me in your list and sharing with all of us your writing. Have a happy holiday.
Chloo chapter 1 . 12/18/2008
Trust me, the love will continue WAY past the end. Just promise me you won't get a restraining order. (I already re-read chapters just about every day. That's not creepy, is it?)And that you'll keep writing! Being passionate about the characters I think is why your stories are always so absolutely amazing. You're not afraid to get creative! You expand on characters that don't always have that much of a story behind them (well, compared to Optimus Prime and the like). I really do hope you'll keep working in the Transformers universe. There's so many characters out there and you are, hands down, the best at making a story for them that's touching and compelling and that leaves your readers wanting more.

*kleenex* that was such a heartwarming ending! It doesn't help Nightbeat's craziness case I guess but it's so unbelievably sweet that his Creator would come say goodbye to him like that. And to give him one last piece of advice...*sniffle* his Creator really did love him
Quietone80 chapter 1 . 12/17/2008
This was really good, but sad at the end.
Jason M. Lee chapter 1 . 12/17/2008
Looks like he knew what was coming and didn't want to leave Nightbeat broken-sparked when he finally left. Heh. Lovely little piece of connecting.
Bluebird Soaring chapter 1 . 12/17/2008
Thank you for your kind words and for writing us another wonderful story ) I've heard some people have these sorts of experiences, and it's good that Nightbeat finally learned how his creator cared about him, in spite of how it had seemed in his life.

Have a wonderful Christmas! Your stories are always such a special gift to read )
Bunnylass chapter 1 . 12/17/2008
Aww, thank you so much! This was absolutely awesome of you to write this beautiful piece out for us! I had this content smile on my face the whole time I was reading, hehe. You're forever welcome for the reviews. You're one of the best writers I've ever encountered. You write so damn well, I can't help but sit and let my own words spill. As jumbled and crazy as they sometimes are :)

When I read that this was a further look into Nightbeat's character, I was straight there. That chapter you did for 'As We Come Together' with Nightbeat, absolutely blew me away! It was so...intricately perfect, it left my mind spinning for hours. The fact that you like to write things that make us think, look outside the box and dig deeper than before...you totally nailed it with this one too :D

Primus, you do with every single one!

That quote at the beginning made me grin. Makes you think, huh, maybe things aren't so bad when you look at the big picture. There's so much more than anyone can even fathom, that its even enough to floor you. But it's made so much better, because we're experiencing that overwhelming idea, filtered and through the eyes and mind of Nightbeat. So in some ways, it makes it easier to understand.

Which again, floors me because you're the one who wrote it all through him! I can just never articulate it that way. It's all there, slowly unravelling. But I can never put it down into words. So an extra big thank you to YOU for being able to do that, and for sharing it :)

I was really enjoying the exchange between Nightbeat and Daybreak. I was slowly trying to work through it. I actually thought at one point that they both had the same creator. But the fact it actually WAS his creator, coming to say good-bye...was amazing :) This line is fantastic - 'The thoughts that occur before you think' That holds a punch with how simple but right it is :D

This part - 'Sound waves are a form of energy too, you know. A part of us could be left behind as sound, like an echo, and we can hear it.' That reminded me of what Soundwave said. That not everything travels on forever and that eventually they encounter something. But where he said they cease exist...maybe they don't. Maybe Daybreak was right. And those 'signals' have reached others...

Wow...I really hope that made at least a little bit of sense. I just had to get that down. It struck me while I was reading it. Because the part with Soundwave really hit a chord too. And in some way, they both kind of weave together somehow.

But my point, this was a fantastic and amazing piece :D It did exactly what you wanted it to do...And some :) Thank you so much! *Sigh* Absolutely incredible :)
Lecidre chapter 1 . 12/17/2008
Wow. Just... wow. My English vocabulary is lame so I couldn't find any appropriate word or phrases to describe my true feelings after reading this unique one-shot, but I can tell you that this piece of writing about Nightbeat is very fascinating. The fic made me think of a lot of things.

I don't know why, but a particular Japanese TV commercial just popped up in my head when I first read this story. In the commercial film, there's a little boy who always paints his drawings pitch-black with his black crayon during his art lessons, and the teacher and his parents all think the poor child might have severe mental problem. They try to talk with him and send the boy to the hospital to cure his problems. The doctors try out every method in order to help the mad child, but they fail. The boy just keeps coloring all the white papters black without stopping. Then one day a nurse spots something strange about those black paintings. She calls other people to help her put all the black drawings on the floor, and then they find that the boy is actually making a very large drawing - all the black drawings are actually puzzle pieces. By the time the doctors and nurses put all the puzzles together, they see a big black whale on the floor which is grinning happily back to them. The boy isn't sick or crazy, he's just different and thinks in a different way. The fic you wrote about Nightbeat is very special and it somehow reminds me of that commercial.

And the last part of this fic almost made me cry. It's so sad to know that Nightbeat's creator is dead, but it's also a great relief to know that Nightbeat's creator actually cares for his creation and Nightbeat knows it in the end.

Such a beautifully written one-shot! Nice work, my dear!
Balrog Roike chapter 1 . 12/17/2008
That's wonderful and sad at the same time.

Great work,