Reviews for Sailing to the Stars
Guest chapter 1 . 8/29/2017
This is literally perfect! A mixture of my two favourite things! I'm so excited to read the rest of your story. I really love it. Probably the greatest Peter Pan story I've ever read. But don't tell anyone. ️️️
TheaHaddock chapter 15 . 4/17/2016
I WILL DEFINITELY KILL YOU! but not right now though cause i didnt finish yet...
Charles Vaughn chapter 1 . 6/9/2015
This review is a two parter because I decided to take a break for writing this long thing.

The part with Peter and Wendy at the piece of debris is when your story really departs from the original. Never mind one and possibly another plot hole with this scene. When it seems that Peter died. Wendy puts him on the debris instead of letting him go like Rose did to Jack. Then, when Tinker Bell finally comes into the story. We know for sure that Peter was telling the truth on who he is and where he came from. The opposite of Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. *To bad Tink wasn't around earlier if you know what I mean. The women's boyfriend not dying and two getting reunited is a happier ending and like what happened in the Titanic tv movie. Nice with the rejected love interest being redeemed at the end. That never happened in the movie. Wendy ending up in Neverland at the end is a little like what happens to Rose though she had to die. That still works through the framing device of the movie because she lived to be a 100. It's also better for Wendy because her parents gave her permission to go instead of her magically running away from home while they were out. Though, she leaves behind her brothers in this version.

This is all I got to say about your story. I'm sorry if this was long and a little off topic but I had a lot I wanted to say and I've been wanting to write this for a long time. Hope that no ships will be hit by an iceberg in the future!
Charles
Charles Vaughn chapter 1 . 6/8/2015
This is a good fiction and obviously a lot of others agree.

First, I want to take about the movie this is based on. Titanic was, among other things, the best of the disaster movies of the second half of the 1990s. A done side is of course it was based on a real event. Looking at it that way, James Cameron's later movie Avatar was more harmless because it was a totally made up story and not an explotation of history. If you'd forgive what I mean. Related to its success, another bad thing about it is it spawned two terrible Titanic animated movies. You'd know this already particulary if you watch the Nostalgia Critic.

Now about your version. Forgive all the comparisons and notes that I'm going to put here but it's a nice combination of Titanic & Peter Pan without being a parody. Good homage to the original version with the Jack Dawson cameo. Incidently*, there was at least one real man with that name. Peter and his friends getting on a ship and eventually ending up in Neverland is kind of like what happens in the first Peter and the Starcatchers book. Also, your story is like an alternate universe version of Peter & Wendy like the fourth Starcathers book. *In the Titanic tv movie that came out shortly before Cameron's version. In the beginning at the docks, there was an old women ringing a bell and saying the Titanic will sink. That reminded me of a children's book where a man seemedly curses a ship that just left by predicting the dangers it"ll face. Fortunately, there was a sea serpent that helped the ship through every time. I will now skip ahead to the stuff after the ship sunk.

To be Continued
Aquira chapter 20 . 5/28/2015
I just wanted to say that this was an amazing story. The chemistry between Wendy and Peter was fantastic, and I love how you managed to plug in quotes from both movies. Excellent job!
sweethearttart chapter 20 . 6/25/2013
I loved your story! Read it for about three hours strait! I can't believe it is over! I wish you could write a sequel, although I am not sure what it would be about:)
Imagine Worlds chapter 20 . 6/6/2013
I loved this story :) Normally I don't like to read Peter/Wendy fics (I don't really like Wendy. I'm probably the only person who absolutely loved the books who doesn't like her, but yeah.) but I love the film Titanic so I was intrigued. I love how you kept it both with Titanic and with Peter Pan, but had a large degree of originality so it never got boring. I actually thought Peter and Wendy were a really cute couple in this fic, so well done! (I am firmly on Tink's side). Only slight complaint was the "second star to the right" thing- in the book it was just "second to the right, Disney added the star bit in, but I don't really care.
Sorry long review but bottom line: I loved this story, so thank you for writing it :D I usually hate Peter/Wendy, and you haven't changed my mind exactly, but I loved it in this fic. It was really well written and original!
Imagine Worlds
Fenice Pendragon chapter 20 . 2/22/2013
I really liked this a lot! It seems like u really followed titanic.
komaeda chapter 20 . 1/29/2013
aaaaa this was such a cute story even though it was a little sad kdfjks
kayla.nelson.399 chapter 5 . 1/13/2013
no! this is amazing! must sleep but i want to keep reading so bad! THIS IS AN AMAZING STORY! all these funny an cute moments it makes me aww and laugh all at the same time!
Guest chapter 1 . 12/31/2012
i love reviewing.
Anon7899 chapter 20 . 10/28/2012
This story was amazing! I love the cliff hangers and everything about it!
Savannah chapter 16 . 8/11/2012
You are evil! And so mean! You had me thinking that Peter was dead! But I love you and your story again because Tinkerbell saved Peter! Yay! I love you Tink!
Bella chapter 20 . 7/30/2012
EEEEEEK, this is really something... Very nice work! (thumbsupplz)
SpottedPelt of ThunderClan chapter 20 . 5/20/2012
I love this story! and the Titanic theme!