Reviews for Last Daughter of Krypton, part 1: Birth
Qoheleth chapter 1 . 6/21/2009
Dear Les:

I like the "Green Lantern Season" line. Although, strictly speaking, it should be "Gween Lantern Season". (In fact, *very* strictly speaking, it should probably be "Be vewy, vewy quiet - I'm hunting Flashes!", but I daresay that would require a little too much rewriting.)

Sincerely,

Qoheleth
rimera chapter 4 . 5/3/2008
OMG! That was so sad... but beautiful, and artfully written. Do you plan to add in the missing chapters? I look forward to reading them. And I agree, this is a great way to tie everything together.
Moonraker One chapter 4 . 10/15/2007
This story is great. I thought some of the parts had a bit of rushed wording, and there were some parts where the descriptions were a bit thin, but it was still great.
Luc Star chapter 4 . 5/9/2005
hey... i just read this story... looks like you ended the story right here... and i must admit.. its one heck of a supergirl story. i loved each and every paragraph from start till finish. if you ever write another supergirl story... one which causes less depression, hehe... mail me and lemme know. later.
obijuan82 chapter 4 . 5/23/2003
Wow. You are in this for the long haul. I admire your dedication to a story so vast in scope. And in giving us a most hopeful future.
obijuan82 chapter 3 . 5/23/2003
Beautiful. At first I was worried-Batman goes to the equivilent of Chuck E. Cheese?-, but my fears were quickly remidied. Accepting the situation I grew to like it. The most touching part when Linda gave Bruce the bear. She is Clarck's daughter. She truly is.
obijuan82 chapter 2 . 5/22/2003
Nice, very nice! I remember the Justice League issue where Doomsday attacked. On a Cat Grant interview, one boy asked what do you supertypes do when you're not saving the world? I loved how you showed the three great ones doing what they do.

Especially Batman. In my last review I ranted Perry White style of Bats being cutsey wutsey. Now he is the paranoid sum%*$ he was meant to be. He's ready to take down his own "niece"! He should. He has a stash of kryptonite for her daddy don't he?

I also like how the problems of superhero parenthood are raised. Poor Superman. It was easier for him back in the pre-Crisis days when he had all these robots to cover for him in situations like these. Well it'll make for good reading!
obijuan82 chapter 1 . 5/22/2003
Way cool Les Bonser! As much as I understand why DC did the the reality altering Crisis on Infinite Earths, I've always missed the pre-Crisis Supergirl. She's the one everyone remembers. So I'm glad to see you bring her back. But one thing, is she really the real pre-Crisis Supergirl or is it a coincidence?

Its because there has always been an inconsistency in the Crisis itself. In the Crisis, Supergirl died protecting Superman from the Anti-Monitor. In the post-Crisis universe reality was changed for some characters. For Superman, Supergirl-the original one-ceased to have ever existed. Considering that the battles against the Anti-Monitor had to have happened in some way (all the heros remember fighting him, even in the post-Crisis universe), if Supergirl had never existed, then who saved Superman? If she never existed, then shouldn't Superman have died in the post-Crisis version of the battle because Supergirl had never been there to save him?

Well, hopefully I'll get the answers in the next chapters. Another thing, I'm impressed by your knowledge of the DC universe. I also like the dirty look you had Lois give Wonder Woman. Damn is she jealous of her! In fact, in Superman #192, June 2003, a Supergirl from the future claiming to Superman's daughter showed up. Lois in a fit of hysteria yelled at Superman saying "Was it Wonder Woman[the mother]? I BET it was Wonder Woman!" Those no good copycats at DC must have read your FanFic!

Just one bad thing...you had Batman cutsey wutsey! He is vengeance, he is the night! He's supposed to be the meanest Leaguer the JLA ever had! And he has a daiper bag! NO!

But its ok. Next time!
glatman chapter 1 . 6/26/2001
What a truly beautiful story. I do hope you add to it in the future. I would love to read about all the inter-family dynamics as Linda Leigh deals with her adolescence, which her 16th summer spent with Uncle Bruce hints at. It strikes me that the beginnings of the post-Young Justice generation would make for a much more fullfilling summer mega-crossover than yet another "we're being invaded from outer space again." Do keep up the outstanding work.
James chapter 4 . 4/28/2001
This last chapter is so sad... It seems to be a good story so far though. I hope there's more. But keep the deaths down ok? Don't like crying so much :)
AssassinGalaxia chapter 1 . 2/13/2001
Excellent! I loved the story and I do wish the original Supergirl was still around. Good job, and I hope to see more.
MissPennyworth chapter 1 . 2/1/2001
Very sweet, Les. I always fall for sweet stories with Bruce in 'em. I must confess I haven't read your other Last Daughter of Krypton stories, but now, I think I will! :)
Alan Wilkinson chapter 1 . 1/10/2001
Nice.
Jack chapter 1 . 12/18/2000
Les, that was very touching of Linda to give Bruce her Teddy. It really got to me and was such a nice scene. Thanks for writing it.
LESIA chapter 1 . 11/30/2000