Reviews for Meant to Say
Zorknot chapter 5 . 11/24/2010
Heh. Good luck on your nano goal. I'm at 10k on my novel. Doesn't look like it's going to happen for me this year.

A couple times you have a scene with more than two people, but it seems like only two people (Malfoy and Potter usually) exist in the scene. Especially with the introspectus, it seems like everyone else in that class just ignores what Potter and Malfoy or doing, even though I would think that it would be something of a spectacle for them. You have the teacher give instruction only briefly and she doesn't advise them at all after that. Of course maybe she wouldn't advise them. My point is that it gives the scene an oddly disconnected feel, and it detracts from the story a little. Maybe a short break from the introspection and a look around their surroundings or something?

Not a major problem, of course, and it might have even just been my mood tonight, I just thought I'd point it out in case it helps you.

Anyway, good stuff. Looking forward to seeing how the truth telling helps/hinders the potter posse when the voldemort crap starts going down.

Thanks for posting!
sunsethill chapter 5 . 11/24/2010
Another great, thoughtful job that really makes me think-like so many of your stories. It's great news to find out that you want to finish so many of your stories. Really good news for your readers.
yellow 14 chapter 5 . 11/23/2010
Very strategic Malfoy. Keep updating
VestriVerum chapter 5 . 11/23/2010
Odd how all the stories are all starting again. (I just received two alerts from other stories that had stopped suddenly). But I don't mind one bit.

Oo, NaNo. Good luck! I'd dearly love to see this finished (or even continued).

Lovely chapter, per the usual.
theGreyPebble chapter 5 . 11/23/2010
SUPER excited for this story.

A nice amount of deviation from the whole "read each other's thoughts" thing, and... yeah.

It's awesome. I hope you update soon and regularly. My heart depends on it!
James018 chapter 5 . 11/22/2010
Good story! Keep writing.
RockySkies chapter 5 . 11/22/2010
This story is great! Brilliant, really. And, I'll admit, I laughed out loud a few times... which might have caused a few people to turn and look at me strangely, but whaaaaatever. They just don't understand.

This story definitely has it's funny moments, like in chapter 2 with Malfoy's "pay attention to me" line. I think that has to be my favorite part so far... That and Ron and Hermione's fights... Oh, and Parvati and Lavender's conversation... Chapter 2 was a good chapter.

Update soon.
deitarionSSokolow chapter 5 . 11/22/2010
Nice to see this isn't dead. You really have a knack for these character-exploration stories with cleverly original concepts and I really enjoy them.
Cinnamon Selkie chapter 5 . 11/22/2010
~It was a good lead-in, as lead-ins go. "So – you can't. I mean, you can't think you're never going to talk for the rest of your life!"

Draco's ice-cold features softened, and Harry realized he must've heard that for the concern it really was.~

He does seem to be doing an awful lot of worrying about Draco, of late - and Snape seems to have *always* been doing an awful lot of worrying about *him*.

~Every time you say anything, you're revealing pieces of yourself, whether it's the truth or not."

Draco's lips twisted. "No. That's what a lie is, even a well-meaning one: it's the refusal to give someone any part of you.~

In one way, I suppose that's true, but in another...well, people have gotten awfully good at guessing what people really mean from the things they say, if they care enough to look beyond the obvious.

~"I just don't want you to never speak again," Harry concluded rather helplessly.

He could only imagine how that had emerged, because Draco's pale eyes widened, and then he gulped. "Uhm… thank-you," he replied, looking a little self-conscious, which was definitely a new look for Malfoy.~

I'd really rather like to know that myself, now. I have a feeling that it was just as revealing as Draco's "Pay attention to me, pay attention to me..." Cinnamon.
Asphodael chapter 5 . 11/22/2010
Oh my gods, seeing the update alert for this story just made my DAY. I had despaired of this ever being finished, which I'd felt was a pity because it was both an amazing premise and an interesting fic in and of itself. And today there was such an amazing chapter! Just, seeing how Malfoy has changed because he's forced to re-evaluate everything he says, the fact that no one /notices/ he is speaking less, and also Harry's earnestness here was sweet.
EmmaRandomAs chapter 5 . 11/22/2010
awesome chapter... looking forward to your next update...
Banner chapter 5 . 11/22/2010
I was delighted to see this update alert. This chapter is entirely up to the quality of the previous ones - and I really needed a nice surprise today.

Thank you.
sp chapter 4 . 10/2/2010
cute story
sp chapter 1 . 10/2/2010
nice beginnings
Cinnamon Selkie chapter 4 . 8/28/2010
This is brilliant, it really is. I don't think I've laughed so hard all week, yet at the same time you've managed to make the thoughts and actions of the characters believable, in the circumstances. I can't wait for more. Cinnamon.
257 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 .. Last Next »