Reviews for Meant to Say
Alibi Nonsense chapter 9 . 3/24/2013
I found a story with a nice Voldemort in it when I wasn't looking for one. That was ...unexpected. Thank you. And now I am going to have to browse all of your other stories and go to bed late again with my homework only half done. Thank you for that as well... :) Honestly.
Noradin chapter 3 . 3/8/2013
Madame Pomfrey was simply brilliant(ly written)!
Sophie chapter 9 . 3/3/2013
If there were something like this in reality, it would certainly make life more complicated despite the intention of keeping things simply truthful. And the truth can be brutal in part because of the many lies (well-meaning or not) we say to ourselves and each other.

I think its almost like a self defense mechanism to lie and or at least to never say what we mean because otherwise we end up hurting ourselves or unintentionally hurt others.

Ive been criticized before and labeled as tactless. Perhaps I am. I say things and I literally mean exactly what I say, but people can still take it the wrong way because (I think) they expect a different meaning behind my words. When I cant clear up the misunderstanding (if I find any - because I cant see how Ive done any wrong because Ive only been saying the truth) then I end up destroying my friendships.

Softening the truth leaves a foul taste. Trying to speak without saying what you mean is a frustrating concept (and in your story, you point that for most people that the opposite is more commonly true - I sincerely wish that it was not so).

For a while, Ive stopped speaking for fear of pushing people away and its come to a point where I no longer (or at least have trouble) pull people in.

But Im no longer burying myself, my actual self, (tactlessness included) from the world. Its hard, because I do want to fit in, but I cant please everybody and thats just how the world is.

So thank you. Thank you for writing this story. I have never found anyone else who share the same outlook. So, I sincerely thank you for writing this story.
Rosajean chapter 9 . 1/22/2013
This was a pretty good story but it feels like there are a lot of loose ends left to it and I'm left feeling rather confused. I don't get the whole Ton Riddle thing to be honest. I mean, why did he lose his memories when he regained the pieces of his soul and why did he suddenly become 'good' seeing as even from childhood he was a pretty evil/manipulative kind of child? And how did he reform his soul back into one piece? Bc in canon we know he'd have to repent all that he did in order for that to happen, but here it was unclear how it happened. And I really don't understand how he became a student at Hogwarts again with forged records and everything. That part made no sense. But putting aside all the Riddle stuff, I feel like there was a lot left unsaid/unclear about what went on with Snape & Harry while Draco was gone. And I really wish there had been more interaction between the two - especially a clarification on what Snape was actually hearing when Harry said he'd be careful. Please consider continuing it and wrapping up some of the loose ends that were left.
lazyartisan chapter 9 . 11/17/2012
This.

I have seen the basic premise of a potion accident used so many times to set up badly written romance plots, melodramatic father/son bonding, and child-abuse revelations that would make the Hallmark channel writhe in shame. To have that cliche utilized so *thoughtfully*, as an experience which utterly, permanently changes the characters involved rather than simply occurring as a random, temporary effect, and then following the changed circumstances to the conclusion you have found here- all I can say is thank you for sharing, this story is a gem.
Jehraldeen chapter 9 . 10/4/2012
I loved this enough to read the series twice on the same day, which I rarely do. X) And no, it did not feel disjointed to me, although the shift in mood and style were apparent from Harry to Draco, for the better, imo. I loved how Draco grew gradually less fearful around the Dark Lord to the point where he can tell him to stop fussing.

I'm only confused as to why there were records of Tom upon returning to Hogwarts, and wished there was more information as to what happened in the Wizarding World aftter Voldemort 'dissapeared'. Tom would eventually hear about You Know Who and put 2 and 2 together. A sequel? :)
emicattt chapter 2 . 9/13/2012
Oh, dear Lord, this was hilarious! I thought Draco's "pay attention to me" was cute, but everyone's conversations after that? Perfect.
MyValentine chapter 9 . 8/25/2012
This is a very intriguing story. I really appreciate it.
excessivelyperky chapter 9 . 6/12/2012
Ta-daa! Nice full circle there, and why Horcruxes are a Very Bad Idea. I'm sure Draco will have _plenty_ to say on the subject.

All of it true, of course.
excessivelyperky chapter 8 . 6/12/2012
I love this ending.

With only one caveat-Snape is still under Dumbledore's thumb.

When does _he_ get a life? (true, he did get Lily and James asking for forgiveness, which was more than I expected).

Draco and Tom will move out into the world. Only Snape is left behind as a prisoner of Hogwarts.

Perhaps Draco will see things clearly enough to show Snape the way out.

Lovely story.
excessivelyperky chapter 7 . 6/12/2012
And then he couldn't help wondering how it might feel to have all of the pieces of him reunited, what it might be like if the world were so immediate, so real and so sharp, all the time. After Nagini came the Cup, and the Diadem, and the Ring. The world was bright and full of dark promise, food tasted amazing, Draco Malfoy played him to sleep each night.

-And it's become very addictive, to be Tom again instead of the Dark Lord. (like a story I heard once of a monk offering a cowl to Napoleon the night before Waterloo as a way to escape being the Empereur).

This is a truly wonderful chapter, and made of the Potions accident a true blessing.
excessivelyperky chapter 6 . 5/28/2012
This is one of the best chapters in this work so far. I think Draco could get used to this dangerous freedom. It's the whole living like you're already dead type of thing the Japanese seem so fond of, and so rarely actually do (then again, almost nobody does it anyway).

Draco is splendid as Voldemort's truth teller and Fool.

So far, at least, Voldie hasn't asked any questions about Potter or Snape, though.

That's when things will get _really_ exciting.
excessivelyperky chapter 5 . 5/18/2012
And he had to wonder what, in his own personal lexicon, 'careful' really meant.

-As do we all. No wonder Snape drinks, he needs to!

Truly excellent chapter with the exchanges between Harry and Draco, and that extremely disturbing dream.

Oh, yes, and the Evil Cliffie. Liked that, too.
Ming Xiong chapter 6 . 4/11/2012
Best chapter yet! The whole idea is very original, but I especially liked the atmosphere in this chapter.
Tell-Me-Tales chapter 9 . 3/18/2012
This, quite frankly, is brilliant. My only complaint is that there isn't more between beginning and end.
238 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »