Reviews for Come Hel or High Water
hecates chapter 3 . 2/8/2013
Hi there!

This story has been nominated for a Phoenix Award in the Best Original Character category. The Phoenix Awards is an awards site geared toward the best in the Percy Jackson fandom on FanFiction . Net. Luckily for you, your story has been included in the twelve nominations available for this category. The voting period starts on February 10, 2013. We at Phoenix would be honored if you could let the world know that you've been nominated. :)

The person who nominated this fic gave the following reason for nominating:

"I think Thai's story has an interesting and awesome plot, and I think her twist of using Norse demigods instead of Greek ones made it original, engaging and a good story that will always stick with you after you finish it. And it's complete, which is always a bonus. That is why I think it should win."

Feel free to check Phoenix out at fanmortals . weebly . com. Make someone's day. And congratulations.
- Theia
Idiocy-Is-My-Specialty chapter 9 . 10/29/2012
WHY DIDN'T HE JUST GIVE HER SOME APPLE! WHHHHHYYYYY! Ha. I love this story, looking forward to read the sequel!
krystle123 chapter 1 . 9/2/2011
Great start to the story. The idea of Norse demigods is interesting, so I'm gonna keep reading. :) Congrats on being nominated for the Veritas!

CC: Normally, the idea of using a mirror to describe your character is overused and sometimes amateurish - usually. Not in this case though. I thought you pulled it off really well, making Mallory afraid of her reflection.

One thing that bothered me though was that info-dump when Mallory talked to herself. But I guess if she normally talks like that, then that's alright.

Overall, nice start, and keep up the good work! :D
Simple Chaos chapter 5 . 7/25/2011
I can't help it, but every time you mention Ofnir, I imagine randall from monster's inc.
Simple Chaos chapter 4 . 7/25/2011
Well, I wasn't really going to guess, as I just assumed it was obvious. Warren TYRSson. Like they did a long time ago. Tyrs son. And my guess is that Mallory is the daughter of Hel. Or Hella, or Holle, however you want to spell it.
Simple Chaos chapter 3 . 7/25/2011
So, the world tree is, like... the axis of the Earth? I can imagine it... it looks pretty cool too.
storm-brain chapter 4 . 7/12/2011
This story was nominated for the Verita award. Again.

THe nommer said: I love this fic so much! It's one of the better-written Norsefic out there, and even though the sequel hasn't been updated IN A YEAR COUGH COUGH it's fantastic and should win because this site needs a break from Broken Bow. :D

fanmortals dot webs dot com.

QK

Storm
The Ice Within chapter 1 . 6/10/2011
I wish you will win the Veritas Award. This story is well written, despite that I only read the first chapter. It was good. I liked the tension when I thought there was a monster, but it was only a reflection on the mirror.

I'm voting for you, for the Veritas Award. Once again, good luck on it.
zynaofthenight chapter 1 . 11/7/2010
I read this story some time ago-and didn't find the time to review.

And so today, I was looking over the Choices of a Demigod website-and realized I hadn't reviewed this yet.

Bad me.

So...hm...all I can say is that this is one amahzing story :D

Yes. Amahzing.

I love it. A lot. And I'm enjoying the sequel-ah. That reminds me. I need to go review it :)
Lily of the Chosen chapter 1 . 9/15/2010
Hey there. I'm Lily, from The Choices of a Demigod. :)

Your raving review: This is awesome, it really is. I adore Norse mythology, and this is a perfect Norse x PJO combination. Although, it's more Norse than PJO, it still mentions the canon characters we know and love, so that technically counts for something. It's severely underloved for a fic of this quality. Do something about it-everyone'll appreciate the outcome.

If you don't want your story to be hosted on COAD, please PM me.
storm-brain chapter 3 . 2/18/2010
This story has been nominated for the Verita Award.

The Verita award is the award given out on .com. The site is moderated by the Veritas but the nominating is not done by us. If there are other great fanfictions you've read out there, please feel free to nominate!

The voting period begins on March 6. You can sign up for an email reminder, and you can post the link on your page to get people to vote for you.

Again, that's .com

Cheers

Storm
hecates chapter 9 . 1/30/2010
I'm going to go read Crumple Up the Moon now. It'd be fun if the Norse declared war on the Greeks.

hecates chapter 2 . 1/25/2010
Oh, I LOVE Nidhogg! Thank goodness you included him!

hecates chapter 1 . 1/24/2010
This is good. I actually find Norse mythology as good as Greek (Same with Egyptian) and I think your writing is pretty brilliant compared to others. And this fic is underloved. The way you spelled Hell as Hel, I'm going to go with the guess that Mallory is the daughter of Hel, Norse goddess of the dead.

Anyway, I'm interested. I'm going to read on now.

Tanks much.

Kali-Nineteen chapter 9 . 9/10/2009
Eck! Make the sequel NOW! ...I hope when you said "Warren and Mallory's story" at the end, means she will be back in the world of the living *soon*... Wow, for once I'm actually mad at Hades.