Reviews for Evening Minuet
LovelyLytton chapter 1 . 2/14/2010
This was lovely. Thank you for sharing.
WhiteTigerLilly chapter 1 . 1/2/2009
I think that night must have been simply exhausting.

I've stopped reading the summaries, so I jump into reading and I have no clue what is going on at first.

I think I can Only do that with your fics and Xirysa's.

Very awesome read, even if you felt you had a hard time finishing it. It didn't seem you had any difficulty at all.
Kasia.T chapter 1 . 12/18/2008
Hello Santa Claus! Ops, I mean: Hello Manna!

But you are really like a Santa – you already started delivering your Christams presents. Something tells me it’s going to be a great holiday time!

Of course, it’ll be boring to say I love your newest ‘fic but what else can I say if I really loved it? Hehehehehe. So, here are my favourite lines and comments to them:

[Oscar wasn’t one for dancing, and she had never danced at any of the balls before, preferring to lean against the wall with a glass of wine to watch the goings-on of the other aristocrats] That’s exactly like me. I hardly ever dance, well, I even hardly ever attend any parties. Seems I have a lot in common with Oscar. Even though I am often so harsh on her... Or maybe this is the real reason – we are much alike, so I know when to be angry with her, hehehehe.

[André usually came with her when he was able; sometimes he was asked to dance by one of the bolder, younger women] That’s the thing I can’t comprehend in the anime/manga. Why is a commoner/a stableman allowed to attend balls? Of course, he’s something like an assistant to Oscar but stiil, he should not be there. Why doesn’t anyone protest about his presence?

[Why did she have to stand there while Marie Antoinette confessed about her love for Fersen? She didn’t want to hear it, she really didn’t.] Poor Oscar. There’s nothing worse than hearing about the man you love loving and being loved by someone else...

[She tried her best to keep her expression neutral. “It is easy to see why you love him so, Lady Antoinette,” she told her.] Well, Oscar knows all the reasons because they are also the reasons for her love for Fersen.

[Oscar François de Jarjayes was not a jealous, envious person. But sometimes, she craved something. She wasn’t sure what it was, exactly, but she wanted it, longed for it, thirsted for it. Maybe it was love.] What beautiful lines... Yes, that’s right, life without love is empty.

[It hurt to see Marie Antoinette hurting. It hurt to see Fersen hurting. And what hurt more than anything was to see the two of them hurting each other.] Poor Oscar (again). She always cares about the others, never about herself. Even though she’s the most hurt in the triangle, she puts MA and Fersen first. That’s what I admire her for. I’m not sure if I were able to do that.

[She wanted that. She wanted someone to want to dance with her no matter how bad she was at it. She wanted someone who would want to dance with her all night every night. She wanted someone who longed for her presence, who pined after her, and she wanted someone that she could think all of the same things about.] Hey, Oscar! Wake up, you Sleeping Beauty. That SOMEONE, that person is closer than you might think. He’s every day at your side, he lives under your roof. I bet he’ll soon show up on that balcony...

[Suddenly, there was a hand on her elbow, and, startled, her eyes fluttered open and she jumped.

The hand steadied her, “Whoa, Oscar, it’s just me.”

André.] You see, Oscar? Didn’t I tell you? Hehehehehe...

[“Liar,” he said bluntly, a smirk on his face as he shrugged out of his coat and threw it at her.] How cute... Oscar’s dream about someone giving her a coat comes true sooner than she might even expect.

[Slightly upset and confused, she lowered her head against the window, cushioning it on André’s coat.] How sweet... but... wouldn’t it be better to cushion a head on Andre’s shoulder? Hahahahaha... Just kidding... hahahahaha

Okay, I am extremely sleepy so I’ll just go to bed and pretend that I’m cushoning my head on Andre’s coat.

Looking forward to more...

Kisses and hugs,

Kasia
Forced Simile chapter 1 . 12/18/2008
Yes, this is almost exactly what I had in mind. The love, the longing, the constant demands put on Oscar. I didn't think you'd add André, was hoping you would.

The very last part was my favorite. Oscar described her ideal man, and then André showed up and did almost everything that she asked of her ideal person. Isn't that how it always is? You have all these ideas and ideals and you fail to see it in the one person who actually lies up to your demands.

You also described Oscar's main reason in being unable to tell Marie to leave Fersen alone. Because she couldn't say so without being a hypocrite herself.

Lovely work, as usual. I can't wait to read more!

(Oh yes, and Crooked Rib's prologue is finally finished. I'm just trying to edit it. I always miss things as I'm so absent minded...)
Xirysa chapter 1 . 12/17/2008
Hey! My final exam for band is a minuet! (Shut up, we do have finals for band... It's pretty, though.)

(I'm still giddy, by the way, from the prompt I gave you. Ergo... This review is gonna be crappy.)

I really wanna learn how to ballroom dance...

Poor Antoinette, though... And Fersen. And... Well, everyone, I guess. RoV needs more funnies and laughs.

I end my review here to work on my Shakespeare essay. [groan] Wish me luck...

[Xirysa]