Reviews for Ten Year Revenge
Religion0 chapter 1 . 4/8/2014
That was funny and sweet and funny! I love how playful they are and how gently lovestruck André is, the snowball fight is written with so much vigour and humour!
I agree, as squee-worthy as it would have been it would have been OOC for them to kiss on the lips.
I wonder what Nanny thought they were talking about
Kupo-Maniac chapter 1 . 12/13/2010
Okay, I've been wanting to say this for a while now . . . your fics are too adorable. There aren't as many ROV fics as there should be, but I'm glad the ones that do exist are of the quality that these are. Thanks for your hard work! -
WhiteTigerLilly chapter 1 . 1/2/2009
let me just start by saying, "Woo Hoo!" I think I'm almost caught up on your ROV FF's. This makes me quite the happy camper!

This is going to be an awfully messy review, but here I go:

"Gr...! He was a goner!" Poor Oscar! I loved the way you started this fic.

"Epic. Yes, he was epic." André is the daddy of epic-ness! Haha, Gotta love him!

"André reached up and pulled her down, catching her so that she wouldn’t fall to the ground before he leaned over and scooped up a huge handful of snow and shoved it—without any mercy, mind you—down the back of her uniform jacket!" ...And the battle begins! Woo Hoo

Oh, and of course he had to mention her white pants getting all wet!

The first time he got tackled reminded me of when I was a kid. I would always get into snowfights, and about two occasions I ended up wresting with boys. Both those times ended with my nose bleeding! _

"It was terribly cold, but her frozen fingers would occasionally trail against his ribs and he would let out another strangled chortle." I knew something cute was going to happen as soon as I read this paragraph. That bone crushing hug was too cute.

“…Pointed up and showed me some mistletoe hanging over us, and insisted—and I do mean insisted—that she be allowed to kiss me.” He grinned victoriously." I tottally could see Oscar doing this!

Hey! Who did put the mistle toe over the door?

Wow I think that may have been my longest review! I enjoyed this! I wish I would've read it sooner!
loulou.k chapter 1 . 12/19/2008
Hello Manna!

And thank you and Xirysa for this AWESOME gift…you know what? You two should co-work again on 'fics, the cute idea she had and the way you put it in scenario made a very wonderful 'fic, really!

First they were kids, then ten years later, and the fighting on/with the snow, then the kiss under the mistletoe, AwW I love that tradition even though it's embarrassing one , but it's very cute _

Okay, okay, I'm very, very exciting by the results, I can't organize my thought….I'll try again.

(Suddenly, her left ear felt like it had been punched, and for a moment, she saw stars before the numbness spread and she noticed bits of frozen white snow lying all over her lap. When she looked up, she saw André standing there) that was funny, she tried to be wise and smart and then…..hit in the face by snow ball _

(He almost didn’t get to finish his sentence before she tackled him to the floor. Gr…! He was a goner!) hahaha, poor baby!

(He thought he was pretty awesome. Well, maybe not awesome. Epic. Yes, he was epic) Oh, come on man! You're so lowly _

(He sighed again as she came closer, but just like the first one, the second sigh was a relatively happy one) *sigh* Andre, that's soo warm.

(She was so perfect, he thought. Perfect for him? Definitely. Perfect as a person? Well, she might as well be, but if he was going to be honest with himself, she was far from being a perfect person. She was temperamental, sometimes had no tact at all, was way too rough around the edges most of the time… but she was…well, perfect) well, that was perfect, yes Oscar wasn't that "perfect" and so was Andre…but I guess that's why we love them both, they're not perfect people and they know that but they love each other as the way they are….with the good and bad tempers they both have.

(He almost felt guilty about what he was about to do. Almost.) hahaha, I know he was up to something after all that "perfect" introduction _

(He smiled back at her and started to mount his own steed when, out of seemingly nowhere, a huge, cold, wet wad of snow blasted him in the side of the head. Dazedly, he blinked and turned toward Oscar) hahahaha, Oh,my! I laughed hard on that scene…..yes she wasn't that perfect, smiled cheerfully to him then hit him in his back!...ah, revenge is so good some time _

(André reached up and pulled her down, catching her so that she wouldn’t fall to the ground…..) OH, that's soo sweet _ he's still afraid of hurting her.

Ah, the whole fighting with the snow balls was funny, and cute, I could see them do that, they look soo cute…..I can't say any comment on that.

(Though really, he felt triumphant in his own way. After all, she was on top of him. As far as he was concerned, she could tackle him any time she wanted.) AH, I'm screaming here!

(“Was it ever a contest?” he whispered back, wanting nothing more than to pull her down for a kiss. There were a hundred—no, a thousand—no, a million—reasons that he wanted to kiss her. Big snowflakes were scattered in her hair—a snowy halo—and a few tiny ones had gathered on her cheeks and eyelashes….Wow, he thought. It can’t get better than this.) No,nO,NO, I can't get this anymore, I'm shivering from all that snow and from that scene, Oscar OVER Andre!

(He ignored the hint of sarcasm in her voice. “I didn’t just throw it at your head. I hit you in the head with it, too.”) Oh yeah? So you've got two birds in one shot!

(“I don’t think it’s that cold,” he replied, standing up and dusting the snow off of his clothes.) hahahahah, she was above him! No wonder he felt warm, or can I say HOT _~

Ah, and she did that AGAIN, wow W! Andre! It seems it's you lucky day boy _

(… and she took the liberty of pulling open his coat and his shirt to shove handful after handful of snow inside. It was terribly cold, but her frozen fingers would occasionally trail against his ribs and he would let out another strangled chortle) O_O SHE DID THAT? WITH LIBERTY? Well….not as if Andre will complain about that….I guess in love and ware everything is allowed.

(He quickly ran out of breath and started to gasp slightly, grabbing her wrists in his cold hands as he tried to fend her off. “S-Stop it, Oscar!” he wheezed…) Oh? Now you object Andre?

(. Reluctantly, he loosened his grip on her wrists and then let her go for a quick moment. It was all the time he needed to wrap one of his arms around her, and he pulled her to him for a quick hug….She grunted slightly and tried to tug away from him. “André,” she complained. “You. Are. Crushing me!” When he loosened his grip, but didn’t release her completely, she leaned up, her elbows resting on his chest, and smiled peaceably at him…) that's my favorite scene, I could feel the cold of the snow and the meaning behind Andre's warming hug….and she didn't get away from him, she felt ….secure maybe!...I'm smiling very silly now, and I just want to hug them both right now.

(“Yes you do! It’s mistletoe. And you know what that means…” He gave her a devious wink that got him a hard jab in the side) o_O oh, no, are you….really….would you…?No she won't let you…would she?.

(. “You’re afraid of mistletoe.”…“I am not.” She sounded and even looked indignant at his accusation….“Prove it by looking up at it.”) Oh! You are really going to do it! And you have a good reason now, plus you know her weakness point…..AFRAID!

(Reluctantly, she looked up, and sure enough, a sprig of mistletoe dangled from his fingertips. He let it go, and it landed in her hair. She gulped, slightly, and turned to look at him, her cheeks tinted a slightly rosier shade than they had been only moments before) she blushed? She really blushed? From Andre? WOW! Your day is getting better and better Andre, get your revenge from her as much as you could _~

(“Got you,” he whispered lazily, and grabbed her face in his hands, placing a warm kiss first on one cheek and then the other before he pulled away and chuckled at her now flaming red face. “See, it wasn’t so bad! And let me see…”) AwW!...I can't breath!.

Sure the tempting of let him kissed her on her lips was very strong, but then he wouldn't be Andre…THE Andre we know, he wouldn't do that…..and you know what? This chaste kiss on the cheeks was more lovely and more warmer, he could take advantage of the situation but he didn't …*sigh* he's an Angel.

(He started to sit up, and she nearly fell off of him, but managed to right herself and get to her own feet. She sighed a little bit, her expression slightly annoyed but mostly embarrassed.) AH, she's soo cute.

(“…Pointed up and showed me some mistletoe hanging over us, and insisted—and I do mean insisted—that she be allowed to kiss me.” He grinned victoriously.) oh, No! you're kidding! She really did that? …..hahahahah, and he refused?

(“You would.” With a sigh, she grabbed the front of his coat and pulled him down, kissing one of his cheeks and then the other. “There. Done. Now, I swear, I don’t care who has mistletoe with them, or where I’m standing, I’ll not kiss anyone else.”) O_O I…I….I'm complete out of any expression.

(… Well, he hadn’t meant for that to happen. It just had, somehow. Who had planted that above the doorway outside?) WHO CARES?.

All right, all right! I know I've copied and pasted all the 'fic all ready, so I'll not do that to last lines…what a plan he had Andre for the mistletoe! And what an end you made for that scene!

It was very funny and cute, I love snow _ and I'm sure that Kasia will stop nagging about the snow she has in Poland after reading this 'fic and start to smile every time she'll saw it, hehehehe.

And I completely agree with your comments at the end, the ages you've chosen for them were very good, they still as if a teenagers, although all the terrible events they have seen in Versailles they still could find a few minutes to take there happy years back….to steal happiness from the life itself….no matter how the why it was_

I loved this Manna, Xirysa, very much,

Kisses for both of you and a warm hug,

Loulou
Kasia.T chapter 1 . 12/19/2008
Hello Manna!

First of all, I need to confess about something... Well, I thought this fic could not be enjoyable for me... Snowball fighting? That seemed too childish. „What can be exciting about that?”, I thought. I WAS WRONG! Totally wrong! So let me apologize to you – the author of the fic and to Xirysa – the author of the idea. My dear Girls – this was AWESOME! I loved it and I want more...

Basically, it created such a cozy athmosphere. I felt so warm and safe while reading that. Oh, and I wish for snow right now. Yes, I do request snow! Even though I hate it most of the times, tonight is the night for snow, hehehehe.

My favourite parts are as follows:

[They were left in the silence, and only the gentle pattering of the thick snowflakes falling against his hair and face disrupted the scene.] Nice view... I’d like to see Andre’s pretty face and lovely hair spotted with white crystals of snow...

[She was so perfect, he thought. Perfect for him? Definitely. Perfect as a person? Well, she might as well be, but if he was going to be honest with himself, she was far from being a perfect person. She was temperamental, sometimes had no tact at all, was way too rough around the edges most of the time… but she was…well, perfect.] Hahahahaha... I liked that. So, Andre is not totally „blind” on Oscar. He can still see her imperfections. But isn’t it just adorable that he loves her not only for her virtues but mainly despite her flaws? That’s what love should be all about. Because nobody is perfect...

[André reached up and pulled her down, catching her so that she wouldn’t fall to the ground before he leaned over and scooped up a huge handful of snow and shoved it—without any mercy, mind you—down the back of her uniform jacket!] Andre is a really naughty boy here. I’m surprised. But I like him like that. Oh, I always like him, so it’s nothing new, hehehehe.

[She couldn’t even retaliate properly, but she did her best, and finally, remembering that one must utilize every advantage on the battlefield, she ignored the onslaught of snow and tackled him to the ground. He landed on his back with a squishy thud and remained perfectly still as Oscar grinned victoriously at him.] How sweet of you, Manna, that you’ve given them so much fun and pure happiness. They endure so much suffering in the anime/manga, that it’s really relieveing to know that they could also enjoy such moments.

[Though really, he felt triumphant in his own way. After all, she was on top of him. As far as he was concerned, she could tackle him any time she wanted.] Hahahaha... Cunning Andre... What a tricky plan he had.

[“Was it ever a contest?” he whispered back, wanting nothing more than to pull her down for a kiss. There were a hundred—no, a thousand—no, a million—reasons that he wanted to kiss her. Big snowflakes were scattered in her hair—a snowy halo—and a few tiny ones had gathered on her cheeks and eyelashes.

Wow, he thought. It can’t get better than this.] Aw, that’s too sweet! I’m shivering. „It can’t get cuter than this.”

[“I don’t think it’s that cold,” he replied, standing up and dusting the snow off of his clothes.] No wonder, Andre isn’t cold. He’s just had Oscar on top of him. That must have been hot, hehehehe.

[He could only keep laughing because one of her knees was poking into his sides, and she took the liberty of pulling open his coat and his shirt to shove handful after handful of snow inside.] Oscar is pulling open a man’s shirt? Andre’s shirt? I can’t believe that! Hahahahaha! I’m shocked but I’m laughing.

[“I do, I do!” he insisted, feeling completely frozen but incredibly warm at the same time. Reluctantly, he loosened his grip on her wrists and then let her go for a quick moment. It was all the time he needed to wrap one of his arms around her, and he pulled her to him for a quick hug.] Oh no! Again! That’s too hot. I’m getting goose bumps all over my body. I’ve never thought that snowball fighting could be that sexy.

[“Got you,” he whispered lazily, and grabbed her face in his hands, placing a warm kiss first on one cheek and then the other before he pulled away and chuckled at her now flaming red face. “See, it wasn’t so bad! And let me see…”] He what...? What did he do? He kissed her? Unbelievable... Hurray... hurray... I’m hearing bells... I don't care that it was only on her cheeks. Nonetheless, I wouldn;t complain at all about the kiss on the lips, hehehe

[“…Pointed up and showed me some mistletoe hanging over us, and insisted—and I do mean insisted—that she be allowed to kiss me.” He grinned victoriously.] Oscar insisting on Andre to kiss her? And he wants to refuse? Hahahahaha, Andre, I bet you now feel sorry that you once defended against her kisses.

[With a sigh, she grabbed the front of his coat and pulled him down, kissing one of his cheeks and then the other. “There. Done. Now, I swear, I don’t care who has mistletoe with them, or where I’m standing, I’ll not kiss anyone else.”] Oh, Manna that’s too much to bear. I’m melting right now... Ha! And it’s actually the very truth – she’ll not kiss anyone else. Ever! (at least in the anime).

Oh, and Andre – he’s such a rascal in this fic. I like to see him so happy and so naughty. And I don’t think that they are out of character at all. I also believe that they should have had some really pleasant days together. Thank you, Manna, for showing that to us. And you know what – that was THE CUTEST fic by you I’ve ever read. And thank you, Xirysa – for requesting this.

I’ll go to bed with a silly smile on my face... Oh, and tomorrow I’ll buy some mistletoe... Who knows maybe I’ll come across Andre somewhere. Hahahahaha

Kisses and hugs,

Kasia
Saalinge chapter 1 . 12/18/2008
LOVED LOVED LOVED IT.

"After all, she had overheard him telling her mother, Oscar will have to work twice as hard to become what would take half as much effort were she really born a boy." Sigh. Ain't that the truth?

"...he leaned over and scooped up a huge handful of snow and shoved it—without any mercy, mind you—down the back of her uniform jacket!" COMPLETE AND EPIC WIN. Seriously, I laughed so hard. Oh young!Andre and your tomfoolery.

"You’ve had that coming to you for ten years" Typical Oscar! I can definetely imagine her getting revenge on something like this...XD

"As far as he was concerned, she could tackle him any time she wanted." LOL. Again, Andre and his tomfoolery.

"'Was it ever a contest?' he whispered back, wanting nothing more than to pull her down for a kiss. There were a hundred—no, a thousand—no, a million—reasons that he wanted to kiss her. Big snowflakes were scattered in her hair—a snowy halo—and a few tiny ones had gathered on her cheeks and eyelashes." Aw. I was half-wishing that he did pull her down and kiss her, but then I remembered that they're about twenty in this fic. :D I adored the little whisper-dialogue those two had going there.

"...and she took the liberty of pulling open his coat and his shirt to shove handful after handful of snow inside..." LOLOL OSCAR. SO AWESOME.

I think that your choice to have the kisses be on the cheek instead of the lips was a good call. In fact, I prefer it this way. :)

It seems that all of the RoV "carefree shennanigans" fics are about O and A as kids, so I'm happy to see one that had them as adults. Well done, Manna!
Xirysa chapter 1 . 12/17/2008
GASP.

I.

FREAKIN'.

LOVE.

YOU.

(Oh, and the title? Epic win.)

[shoulders back, chest out, eyes straight ahead] That's part of our marching band cadence! (Except the last part is "Eyes-with pride!" But I don't believe I told you that at all.)

BWAHAHHAHAHHA. Oscar gets beaned and Andre gets tackled. Why am I not surprised?

[He thought he was pretty awesome. Well, maybe not awesome. Epic. Yes, he was epic.] Are you for serious? Hot damn, woman, I love you.

Snow down the back is bad. (Personally, though, I find that snow down the pants is even worse. Er... Don't ask.)

(Oh, and I noticed that you were listening to "Mon Essentiel"! AMAZING, IS IT NOT?)

AHAHAHHAHA. PDAs in the de Jarjayes household? What next!

[“And I’ve got it dripping down into my pants!” She didn’t quite realize that when she said it, she said it in such a loud voice.

And André didn’t quite expect it, and he had just opened the door to the kitchen.

Nanny’s wide-eyed, horrified expression greeted them.] Yer a woman after me own heart, lass. Ye have been talkin' to me way to much.

Good grief, I love you. Thanks so much, babe!

[Xirysa]

P.S. Now I must do one in return...