Reviews for Priorities
GracefulLikeAGazelle chapter 1 . 6/29/2012
Nicely done.
Kiwee chapter 1 . 11/21/2010
Oh, boys. Why are they so dumb but lovable at the same time? I love the way Charlie's insecurities play out with a happy ending.
epalladino chapter 1 . 3/1/2009
You have a lot of character development for such a short story. Thanks, Beth
Hope06 chapter 1 . 1/4/2009
I love the emotion and the longing in Charlie at leat he did not hide in the garage he went on a road trip like some 'normal' people do

love after all the serious stuff they still yended up bickering lightheatedly as always
Edna Pests chapter 1 . 1/2/2009
Ha ha! So sweet. What would've made it perfect for me would be Don and Charlie hugging, but of course their far too macho for that.
snchills chapter 1 . 12/25/2008
Fabulous story, I really loved it.
ALEO chapter 1 . 12/22/2008
It is always difficult, the decision between work, family and what you want out of life. There are many parties to the decision, those that will be happy, ambivalent or downright hostile to whatever the choice.

I also didn't want Don to go to Boston but he is used to being away from family, has given up a lot to come home to help after Margaret's death and now it is time for him to continue with his life.

Hopefully as he has now chosen to remain in LA, giving up a sure position of A/SAC for a possible promotion in the future, it will all work out.

An interesting piece with believable reactions.
Mel J1701 chapter 1 . 12/21/2008
This is such an interesting little piece and perfectly personifies the brothers and their lives.

On one hand, I can completely understand Charlie's reaction but I don't like change of this sort either. However, he really should have forced down his tantrum, plastered a smile on his face and pretended to be happy for his brother, saving his brooding for when Don wasn't there to see it. Don is in a job that means that he will eventually have to move for promotions lest he be left stagnant in the position he is in already and Charlie has to know this.

And I could definitely see the brothers arguing over Alan as if he was their possession, without realising that he would slap them both silly for acting this way and thinking they could plan who he lived with! I love this bit because, when we're with our siblings, we revert back to being kids no matter how old we are.

This story would make a perfect ending for the finale of the show, except Don would accept the promotion and the brothers would just have to face the fact that change is inevitable and they just have to work at ensuring it doesn't affect their relationship.
1st endeavor chapter 1 . 12/21/2008
I love stories where the brother's connect and this was a good on. By the way, the ending was just perfect.
JMaire chapter 1 . 12/21/2008
I'm going to go against the crowd. Don, you are a JERK. A major JERK.

Charlie's right, you only pay attention to him when you NEED something from him. When he can SERVE you. Now you want to take his father away? After spending YEARS sitting in New Mexico and ignoring the fact that you had parents and a brother because Mommy and Daddy didn't pay enough attention to you as a child.
Serialgal chapter 1 . 12/20/2008
Aw, sweet!
Solitaire42 chapter 1 . 12/19/2008
Oh! Happy ending and cuteness all around! Loved it! YAY!
Cutiepie2191 chapter 1 . 12/18/2008
That was a great story! I loved it! Keep up the godo work:)
Ms.GrahamCracker chapter 1 . 12/18/2008
Charlie didn't want Larry to go into space, either, but who was it, in the end, that secured Larry's place on the shuttle? That's right - Charlie.

He certainly didn't think of how his actions would affect Don when he sent that email to Pakistan, either, but by the time Don's position with the bureau was in jeapordy Charlie was willing to throw everything he had ever worked for out the window for his brother.

Sure, when Don told him he and Robin were moving to Boston, he thought of himself first and how much he would miss working with Don. Who doesn't consider their own feelings first? But just give Charlie a little time for him to clear the numbers out of his head and connect with reality and he'll do the right thing every time.

I loved this story. You've had the characters down pat for a long time now and this was no different. Your brotherly moments are arguably some of the best. Thanks for the happy ending and early Christmas gift.
PoetTraveler chapter 1 . 12/18/2008
Oh Charlie... Can't you ever be happy for Don?

This was great. Good writing and characterizations - the spot with Alan doing the Lou Gehrig speech was hysterical and perfect. Wonderful story!