Reviews for Twilight: A Review
Loves to read books chapter 1 . 9/10/2014
Nice.
AngieCool chapter 1 . 7/6/2014
First: Rosalie is the beautiful bitch. Alice is the future seer and she adores Bella.

Second: I'm sure you are aware that Bella's parents divorced when she was a baby, but cudos for a nice explanation (I loved them all, very nice).

Third: The feelings in the book were written so very beautifully and it makes me really angry that such a crap story (with abusive relationships, nice mortal friends and loving parents, Bella is very ungrateful and takes everything for granted) got those wonderful descriptions...like really mad...

Anyway, thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing, or seeing in this case, what others think.

All the best and keep writing,
Angie
PoundPuppies10fan1 chapter 1 . 6/24/2014
I, myself, have read the book and attempted to watch the movie. Twice. The movie seemed kinda bland, and I haven't read the first book since 7th grade, so, by what I watched, I'll assume that the book was just as bad as the movie. Very in-depth review. :)
hp fan chapter 1 . 5/24/2014
You are awesome!This is what I have been thinking all along when I first saw the Twilight series is totally artificial I would say.
Betty chapter 1 . 3/23/2014
Hi. I like your point of view, but I have to point out that Rosalie isn't the vampire who can see the future. That's Alice. Unless you meant something else by it.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/5/2013
I loVed it I loved it..I honestly want to be on show and tell the world that twilight sucked and that teenage girls rry confusing gaywards abuse for true love..
Cat chapter 1 . 7/25/2013
Wow that was amazing and so true i really dont understand how a 17 year old girl 'falls in love' with an 100 year old bloodsucking demon that watches her sleep, doesnt let her go out with friends and that could kill her at an moment so to say to all twilight lovers please please please get so help SOON
Mina-Harker chapter 1 . 9/6/2012
I agree completely. In fact, if you carefully (or even superficially) analyze Twilight, you realize that Bella and Edward's relationship meets all the criteria of an abusive relationship. Controlling, manipulative, denying, preventing her from seeing her friends, hiding her, causing dependence, describing it as "for her own good", etc. Textbook abuse.
aurla0 chapter 1 . 8/4/2012
Um
you make some good points here
...
But personally, in regards to your storywriting you add way too many metaphors and adjectives.
They get annoying, and some aren't that appealing, anyways. It reminds me of 'Fifty Shades of Gray'
Also, you have several run-on sentences. It would flow better if you broke it up more.

And why do you need three paragraphs to describe what she feels when Edward glares at her?
Aleca chapter 1 . 6/12/2012
I completely agree.

Let me admit, I read them, and I loved it. Then I read it again, it was at this point I began seeing every single flaw. Normally when I read things, I read fast and I don't pay much attention to detail. Then when I read it again I pick up on things I missed. Like how Bella is a flat character.

And I also completely agree with your closing statement, if crap like that could get published I don't see why mine can't.
Every Scar Is Beautiful chapter 1 . 4/10/2012
Maybe if you actually read a book, instead of over-analyzing it, you might actually enjoy something. From what you've written, it gives me clear recognition of the fact that everything has to be perfect in your world for to enjoy it. Well, newsflash, life isn't perfect.

On the whole sex thing, of course they are not going to do anything more than kiss. It's a teen novel. Do you expect them to just rip their clothes off and have sex right on the ground? And how do you know women want to be raped, or that Edward has a rape fantasy, or that Twilight is 'suggesting' sexual denial? everyone denies themselves of some sort of sexuality. If you see some one and think 'it'd be nice to kiss them' should you just run over and kiss them, no matter what they say? oh, but that'd be wrong, So of course, you have to deny yourself that. And edward is seventeen. He's been seventeen for 80 years. If you don't have enough imagination to comprehend this, then you have no business reading whatsoever.

And what gives you the right to talk about love? Are you Stephenie Meyer? Were you there when she wrote the books? No? Didn't think so. Then what gives you the right to say that their 'love' is not real, and based solely on a crush? Oh wait, that's right, no imagination.

Stephanie Meyer got her books published because she got a publisher, and they said yes. Maybe all those other people didn't get published because their ideas either sucked, or they didn't go to the right publisher.

Oh, and this website is called FANFICTION. In case you didn't know, that means it's not a place for you to review a book or state your opinin in an over-analyzing and stupid story, that isn't even a story. It's just a bunch of nonsense. If you want to 'review' a book, go to it's actual website.

And we all know you only put this up here so that you could find a reviewer who agrees with you, which is stupid, by the way.

And saying that the world is going in a trashy direction, just because people like something you don't like, is immature and wrong. If you didn't like Coke, and the rest of the world did, does that make the world trashy? Clearly you can see the flaws in your reasoning.

Just get some imagination and clearer reasoning before you automatically call out a book on being 'rape filled, sexually denying, stuck up, trashy and stupid'.
BrokenYetDreaming chapter 1 . 3/16/2012
You are sooooo right (:
Tobi-Is-Fluffy-Chan chapter 1 . 2/9/2012
Finally someone answers my questions and why this book was even made and what is the point. I liked this!
ChameleonArch chapter 1 . 12/13/2011
You're are probably the only male I have ever agreed with over Twilight. Which is sad as I go to a Christian private school. I've read excerpts of this book and all I find is trashy written nonsense about glittery vamps and brainwashed young girls who fall in love with undead monsters. Whenever someone brought up Twilight, I used my limited knowledge to say I was on Team Victoria cuz she hated everybody. ('Least, that's what I've heard.) Thank you for joining the sane side in this lame Fantasy war of Real Fantasy (Stoker and Van Helsing) vs Crap Fantasy (Meyer and the rest of her little hobgoblins)
whatagoodtime chapter 1 . 8/4/2011
Beyond the flatness of her persona she is given no truly human characteristics. Such as if she were to be made into a more three-dimensional character, the author would have taken time to put in memories of why this character got the way that she is, which is a talent that is more aptly done by novelist Stephen King as well as J.K. Rowling.

WIN. Thank you! This is so true and even obsessed Twilight fans cannot deny this. I read all the books too and all of them had major holes in the character development.