Reviews for The Stone
ellisk chapter 1 . 7/21/2013
Another author who I love mentioned your name to me so I came over to read. This is brilliant. I absolutely love the wisdom of this conversation and the friendship between them.
Frodo's sister chapter 1 . 4/22/2013
That was a nicely written story. I liked how you explained how Aragorn found the stone and his explanation of it to Legolas. I also liked the romantic scene with Aragorn and Arwen.
The Pearl Maiden chapter 1 . 2/7/2011
It's me again.

I loved this story too. :D

Where do get all this inspiration! Gosh!
Feafea chapter 1 . 9/23/2010
Can't believe I just found this! It's great!
Keji chapter 1 . 6/15/2010
HI!

Tinu, this story was soooo cute! I have always loved how you portrait Estel, he's just too adorable, and the unexpected things he says and leaves us wanting to pinch his cheeks!

Bravo!

I have missed your writings Tinu, now I have all the time in the world to read! well... there's a problem with power outage, but other than that... yuppie!
Anonymous chapter 1 . 4/26/2009
This is such a beautiful tale. I love how little Aragorn wants to be a stone so he can make a difference in the world. I totally agree with Arwen; Legolas does have a gift of understanding Aragorn even when others can't. Legolas understood he needed to talk to someone after his trip to the village but waited for when Aragorn was ready to talk about it. This just perfectly illustrates a deep understanding true friendships have.

I also like the humorous moments like when Legolas says have you been around dwarves and how little Aragorn reminds him of Elrond, and also when Arwen says it will be nice to talk with a resonable person. The characters are so real!

Good job with this story it is so sweet!
CosmicEssence chapter 1 . 3/12/2009
You know when Estel said 'i want to be a stone'? I can just imagine what Legolas' face was like because i imagine it mirrored mine. Lol that was like...uh what?

ahh but then we had the reason and heck yeah it made sense.

For some reason i also liked the "“A mere human who is able to cause ripples mighty enough to bring down the Dark Lord is intriguing enough to keep my undivided attention.”

“I believe a hobbit is entitled to that praise,” he contradicted.

She laughed softly. “I believe you were useful, too,” she said, before drawing him close for a kiss."

That bit. Especially the hobbit part. Also! the excerpt from Bilbo's poem, nice connection there. And yeah, maybe cause it oh i dunno but it seems to have caused a spark anew in my reviews...so again i'll say there was mush of that interaction i enjoyed.

And while its good to hear you like getting so many rambles from me :P i'm gonna leave me some Tinu fics to come back to!
Mirach chapter 1 . 3/10/2009
Elessar, Elfstone... Wow! This story has many symbolic layers, I like it very much!
awaylaughingonafastcamel chapter 1 . 2/21/2009
that was such a sweet story :) i loved it!
spiritstallion chapter 1 . 2/6/2009
I wanna cast ripples on the water too! This is a very cool story I really loved it! Please read and review my stories
Masterarcher chapter 1 . 1/15/2009
Beautiful story mellon-nin! I absolutely loved it! It was so sweet and I loved Legolas' confusion at Estels statement and the fact that Estel looked like a mini-Elrond! lol! And that Legolas was to through the stone that would cause Estels riples. Beautiful! Great work Mellon-nin!:)
Amiable Loner chapter 1 . 1/5/2009
Oh, that's so touching! It's nice to have a friend like that, it's a shame that not everyone does. You're amazing! I love your stories, keep up the amazing work! Until next time!:)
asdfjkl chapter 1 . 12/23/2008
i adore legolas and aragorn friendship!

thanks.

keep writing xD
lindahoyland chapter 1 . 12/22/2008
I love this brings back happy memories of collecting pebbles on the beach as a child. Aragorn certainly created ripples!
White Wolf1 chapter 1 . 12/21/2008
You are talented enough, mellon nin, to be able to turn something as simple as a pebble into a wonderful story. I really liked this one.

A lonely water lily swayed gently while it rode out the tiny waves. You wrote that one sentence so well that it makes you realize that even the small things can be wonders.

"you will still need someone to throw that stone you are going to become." Legolas always has a marvelous way of saying things. I agree with Arwen that he has a bit of foresight where Estel is concerned.

Estel smiled. "That isn’t a problem," he said confidently. "I have you." Those three words convey the depth of their friendship so well. It's a simple way of describing something that has so many facets and layers.

I also love the way you write Aragorn and Arwen together. I think, as with Thranduil, that you and I look at them the same way.

And that pebble sounds really beautiful. (I've collected various kinds of rocks for years, and the geodes with sparkling crystals in them are some of my favorites.) The fact that Aragorn would keep that pebble for all those years says a lot about what he holds dear in his life. No wonder we love him - and of course, that clever elf, as well. :o)

You did it again!