Reviews for Past and Present
tanseynz chapter 1 . 12/29/2013
Learning to move on, never easy but there are rewards. Nice piece of writing with interesting little details that bring it alive.
jorry chapter 1 . 11/15/2012
i hope you do more on this story is great so far
Starshinedown chapter 1 . 9/16/2010
Lovely and bittersweet. Thanks for making me tear up with thoughts of my own grandmother's Christmas traditions!
Vampyrlvr chapter 1 . 11/7/2009
Aw, it's so sweet! I loves it!
lovinmybabyz4 chapter 1 . 9/27/2009
i wanted to tell you your stories are great
Duckie Nicks chapter 1 . 9/26/2009
This is like the perfect Christmas fic. It has all of the things you would want in a holiday story - the gift giving, the slight hint of romance, the decorations, and the wonderfully heavy hand of nostalgia.

A lot of authors wouldn't be able to handle such a delicate balance; I think the tendency would to go overboard with the romance or to make Sookie a sobbing mess over the loss in her family. But you give everything just the right amount of emotion.

Actually, it reminds me of the song "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas." Like completely. It's wistful but hopeful at the same time, and I think that's why every reviewer has had a really powerful reaction to it; I'm not a Eric/Sookie shipper, lol, but you manage to evoke things way stronger than a random coupling. I love it.
comfort432 chapter 1 . 1/31/2009
I am so pleased I found your stories, even if I didn't read them in order- it is an excuse to re-read them. This is so sad and yet unfinished. Lovely writing
RKinNY chapter 1 . 1/17/2009
very nice, I enjoyed your story.
havenroo chapter 1 . 12/31/2008
Great Christmas story...sad but hopeful. I hope you continue finding inspriation in the South Vampire series, I'd love to read more of your work. Happy New Year!
mollib chapter 1 . 12/23/2008
This was really sweet, and sad! The ornament thing made me teary a bit :) It would definitely be cool if you continued it.
Night Orchid chapter 1 . 12/23/2008
This was a sweet and touching story. Eric was perfect. Also, as other reviewers have said I too would love to see this continue.

Merry Christmas :-)
Jennifer102738 chapter 1 . 12/21/2008
Keeping Eric mysterious is fun, I liked that. I smiled when he just vanished, it's consistent with the Eric I've come to know in the novels. It's nice to see Eric show up when she needs him!

Please keep going, I'd like to see you continue if you have ideas. :-)
Billsbedroom chapter 1 . 12/19/2008
Okay, I like this story! Please tell me this isn't a one shot. Would like to see where you go with it, Maybe a little Bill in the story? (Sorry, Bill fanatic) I've put you and your story on my alerts. Looking forward to reading more.
DD chapter 1 . 12/18/2008
Thank you in so many ways. We lost our beloved grandmother in September and I have not been able to bring myself to do anything this year for Christmas. Yes...I've bought gifts for those I've had to buy for...but there is no tree, no wreath, none of my beautiful Santa collection anywhere to be seen this year. I think after reading this, I will be pulling the boxes out and put a small tree out before Christmas Day. I (well, my whole family) have good days and bad days...but the last month has STUNK more than any others since she left us. The last two years that her health had been so bad, it was ME that put her tree up...and me that addressed all the Christmas cards for her. I can't help to think about that everytime I hear a song, get a card or see decorations.

Sorry to ramble...but AGAIN thanks. DD

P.S. that was very sweet of Eric...I liked that too.
RemyofAkyre chapter 1 . 12/18/2008