Reviews for Not Quite Paradise
timelordEowyn chapter 5 . 8/17/2014
I do appreciate it. Immensely. It is well-written, sticks with the character's personas, and has a brilliant feel to it. I LOVE it. Most of the time, I find that the hardest things for me to write turn out the best. They're just a pain in the process. :) Congrats
taliatheotaku chapter 7 . 10/23/2013
I cried at the bit where Kanda starts thinking about how Lenalee died in his arms and how he missed Komui and Lavi and stuff... Beautiful part. And the end was nice too. Without going on to be angsty, it ended sweetly with a nice makeout scene beginning for the more... Mature-loving fangirls to enjoy. XD I love the last chapter best, but the who,e fic was great.
Guest chapter 2 . 11/30/2012
iu h
kroscetish chapter 2 . 12/11/2011
Nyahaha! depressing?(0_o) _

how tsaaaaad.. Allen died..:D..Nyahaha Kanda?crying?*whistle*..love that...
Nano111Desu chapter 2 . 9/1/2011
Aww. They kissed I love Yullen
Uniasus chapter 7 . 4/7/2011
I love the world you set up here in the majority of the chapter. Yeah, it's sad and all that jazz, but very plausible. I really can see Miranda ending up working with a traveling show and she's so in character here, and so important, despite her lack of screen time. She needs more love. Maybe I should work on that.
ShirukuKage chapter 7 . 8/29/2010
I read this before I had an account but I fell in love with it, unfortunately I didn't write down it's name (or yours) so that I could come back to it. Now that I have a profile I've been going through Allen/Kanda stories one-by-one trying to find it, and I can't tell you how happy I am to finally find it again.

Now for the review: I absolutely love this! All of the stories it here were incredible. Thank you for taking the time to not only write such quality work, but also for posting it so that we could enjoy it!

Keep up the good work, I can't wait to see what else you come out with.
Dragonballzgirl138810 chapter 2 . 7/22/2010
aaawwww that made me cry lol i'm still crying (
Rin28 chapter 7 . 6/24/2010
this was a beautiful story! Happy endings are so cliche but I can bnever get enough of them!
YamiHikari93 chapter 5 . 5/18/2010
Maybe write a separate sequel to this? Set when Allen becomes an Exorcist and they eventually recall meeting. (Probly Allen first after the mission with Lavi where he tells Allen that Kanda's first name is Yu.) If you don't want to write it, can I? You get all credit for inspiration if you haven't done this already. I just think that this is a really good story that deserves its own fic.
YamiHikari93 chapter 7 . 3/20/2010
I think that you did a really good job! And you can say that Kanda was 'foreign' because he came from a different time.
vivevoce chapter 7 . 2/18/2010
Oh wow, talk about going out with a bang! This last chapter was my absolute favorite out of all the others so far, it was such an... indescribably perfect way to end all of this. It was written impossibly well, I'm serious. All the emotions you get from it, the scenario and conflict; from the way everything was described and how the magnitude of their situation just kind of hit you after a while... It was just beyond words. This has been a brilliant work from start to finish :) Keep this up
MizuKagami413 chapter 7 . 11/15/2009
I rarely review. I'm too lazy. Even though the previous 6 one-shots were really amazing and made me crave for more of your stories, such a thought still didn't occur to me. But this one changed my mind :)

The angsty atmosphere surrounding last story was suffocating. I mean it positively - you pictured the after-war scenery perfectly. I could almost touch the scene unravelling in front of me. I saw Kanda going (or not really) with his life, dwelling on the past. Not being able to refuse the kid attention just because he resembled Allen so much. Words from the past quoted now and then in the story made it even more painful. Past mingled with the presence made it a bit hazy - ideal to depict a man who lost everything.

I certainly didn't expect a happy ending. Has ever a HAPPY ending brought me to tears? Nah, I don't think so :P You're first who managed it.

What more? I loved the language. Not only was it correct, but you really can choose the right words. Weak language can spoil the best plot.

Anyway, I really loved the story.
JosephineJellybean chapter 2 . 9/20/2009
you made me cry [ no like it wen allen dies '[

Dd
Lai Jun Chen chapter 7 . 7/5/2009
they were sad and cute, and i just wish that ch. 4 had a better ending, or continued to another chapter or something