Reviews for An Honest Answer
Consulting Demon chapter 1 . 9/6/2011
In this, are you going with the idea that after the ten years, Will was free from the responsibility of the Dutchman? Because I don't think that's right. He would have the same terms and conditions that Davy did, and Davy would've had to ferry souls to the other side for eternity...
Macceh chapter 1 . 4/30/2011
Brilliant drabble! You pack so much into such few words and they all fit together so wonderfully. It's the perfect length and and is probably one of the best drabbles I've ever read!
DahSandwich chapter 1 . 1/12/2011
Well, I don't write stories, I don't have the talent... But yeah, if, IF, I had the talent,I would write a story like yours, that was what I wanted to do, until I started ... I understood that it was not really something that I had talent for , but you, wow, fantastic, wow! So many questions about a few sentences,

I'm a Sparrabether so,

I actually hope

that

he is Jack's ;d
Hawki chapter 1 . 10/31/2010
Have to admit, the short length put me off a bit. Still, actually reading the thing...well, have to say, you've got balls. Ten years of sepeation, ten years of William jr. growing up without a father and suddenly all three of them have to deal with ambiguous parenthood. It's a unique concept and one I felt was conveyed well.
Willofthewisp chapter 1 . 2/23/2010
Oh, that was unexpected. Talk about angst! Poor Will. I am a sparrabether, but I do hate the thought of anyone cheating on their spouse (of course I don't consider Will and Elizabeth legally married, but they consider themselves so and that's what is important). This is practically a plot bunny. Who is the father? What were the circumstances of Elizabeth's infidelity? Did she fall in love, or was there some desperate one-night stand? What happened since it was so close to Will's departure that she can't determine who the father is? This raises so many questions and it's only about 100 words or so. That, love, is a talent.
xoBeautifulXDisasterxo chapter 1 . 1/18/2010
Short, sweet, and absolutely perfect!
M. S. Arora chapter 1 . 12/4/2009
:O

I’m glad you left this as a drabble. The scene, atmosphere and emotions were expressed so well– and all within a 100 words! Well done.

MsAurora
Squeaky chapter 1 . 11/23/2009
Wow, that's quite the option there... I like the perspective. Perhaps more to be written here? It could turn out some interesting ideas!
Lasgalendil chapter 1 . 3/24/2009
GACK! This was the best/worst longest/shortest story I've ever read! You explored SO much in such little space, but you did it convincingly. The emotions are there-and the simple narration only heightens them further. We see suspicion, we see doubt, we see love between all three of them...and guilt, no matter who the father is.

This is very deep for such a short fic! Don't listen to anyone else: do not continue this! The strength of this piece is truly in not knowing!
l'il pirate chapter 1 . 3/3/2009
Ha! I loved the idea of your fic. I loved Elizabeth's reply though, very wide open. I would have paid a large sum to have seen William's face then.

Nice tying their emotions and characteristics in from #3. William was doubtful and Elizabeth was embracing a new life- and man? I suppose we'll never know.
RaithsEnvyMe chapter 1 . 2/10/2009
Ouch. Bad Elizabeth. 'This is why Sparrabeth is not always a good idea, Lizzie!' XD Haha.

This is angsty in its own fashion but I like it. :) Good writing, Nytd.

Raiths
Anne Lessing chapter 1 . 1/6/2009
He could be Jack's! Quite intriguing...I really like this!
icestar14 chapter 1 . 12/22/2008
the possibility that Jack is the father, not Will, seems to pop up a lot (especially with Sparrabeth fans). there is always the question of Elizabeth's devotion to Will, and At World's End doesn't give any straight answers. Perhaps the we will never know who the father is, but there is always the possibility that it will be revealed in pirates 4, coming in 2011

icestar14 (graduating the same year pirates 4 comes out)
missy evil chapter 1 . 12/20/2008
OMG! that was really short but you could write millions of stories off that. please write more!1
Verity Strange chapter 1 . 12/20/2008
Ah, a nice little bit of Sparrabeth.

Just a little bit of something to mix it up? I can, very much, picture that happening. :D

Verity