Reviews for Girls and Boys Come Out to Play
keepingupwiththekids chapter 25 . 5/5/2009
I love your work because it has a deep meaning! It flows, and it is profound! Cannot wait for more!
happymoon35 chapter 25 . 5/5/2009
I trust you because this story has been all kinds of awesome. But I absolutely hate your Jasper. Like, gr...

Thanks for the update :)
TwiHardPotterHead chapter 25 . 5/4/2009
Oh my ... Alice. :( But I do trust you.

It is a shame that because J/B left Alice felt the need to erase him and Edward's devotion to Bella is seriously astounding. At a time when she left him he still holds on to the promises that he made her - it really shows that he is a million percent committed to her, to the idea of them. I hope that she gets a chance to see his devotion and doesn't harbor any guilt about Alice. It's not as if anyone besides Jasper could have stopped her.

After re-reading this chapter, it's really interesting to see the parallels between the relationship with J/B and E/A. Jasper swoops in to save her - to take her away from the immediate source of her pain, and has always done that by being there for her, hearing her every sorrow and creating this almost unhealthy relationship of Knight to Damsel. With E/A, Alice saved him and has always held the same notion of protection with Edward, their bond is more equal as they both protect each other. And when Alice needed saving from Jasper, Edward's hesitation resulted in something greater that she would need saving from. In that moment Edward chose Bella, Jasper chose Bella and Alice... well Alice chose to forget.

I cannot wait for the next update and to see how this all really pans out.
saranic chapter 25 . 5/4/2009
Wow. That was so intense and yes I trust you. Where to begin? Emmett was pretty perceptive, but I still feel for Jasper. He thinks he is helping when he is really hurting everyone else and enabling Bella. Edward~he was so strong in this chapter, I was so happy he didn't want to start over and jump. Rosalie~don't think she fully realizes what is going on, she is so torn. And Alice~broke my heart.

So good.
stolenxsanity chapter 25 . 5/4/2009
First off, I absolutely adore that it was Em who found Alice in the state that she was in. I know most people would've expected it to be Edward because they're best friends, but making it Em just makes it sweeter and more ... innocent. On that note, I feel kinda bad that Edward is still toting around this sordid reputation of his causing Em to automatically lay the blame for J & B's impromptu departure on his shoulders - Even if it were only a momentary lapse in thought.

Em ... I'm so speechless where it concerns him now. I'm so used to him being portrayed as the brainless oaf of a jock that only cares about sports, cars and sex that I am just floored by the depth of your Em's characterization. His strength and realizations through this situation is just astounding and amazingly on-point. I love it. Immensely. Rose's acceptance also floors me, but in a good way. Her realization that, despite what transpired between her and J, she still needs him ... but is willing to forgo that for her love is amazing and so unlike the normal Rose characterizations ... if that makes any sense?

*I had to pause at the end of EmPOV to psych myself up again*

I ... am at a loss on how to review this second part. There are a torrent of thoughts running through my mind right now, each one even more hellacious than the last even though I have an idea of whats going to happen from here on out. It's painfully brilliant, but so completely heartbreaking at the same time. You've done the impossible though - even though I don't enjoy it for the content that it contains, this chapter was impeccably and beautifully written that it's hard not to like it for that reason alone. It shows the faults and flaws of the remaining 4 - especially E & A - better than almost any other chapter has and, heartfail aside, it's perfect. Poignant.

And God, Rae, Edward's internal musings just broke me. I cried. I'll admit to that readily. Yes, I feel for Alice's loss, but Edward is the one that I connected to the most throughout this story and just ... would it be in bad form to want to smack B?

I'm both anticipating and dreading the backlash that's to come. The self-loathing and self-deprecating thoughts and actions of both Jasper and Edward over what happened to Ali. Anticipating because that just means we're one step closer to the resolution and dreading it because it means more heartfail-y angst (angsty heartfail?)

"A/N: Will you trust me?"

Without a doubt, and you know this. I have faith in you and in the fact that everything will work out as it's meant to.

"Appreciation and love go to my girls stolenxsanity and ViOlentSerenity – T, E ~ Your support – and prodding - is what gets these updates written!

So much love, RAE"

Anytime, bb. Anytime.
ny88 chapter 25 . 5/4/2009
wow, amazing chapter.

Alice was so instense in this chapter.

Keep up the great work :D
gingygirl08 chapter 24 . 5/1/2009
what a great story..it's so in depth and i love love the super long chapters..each and every character is fleshed out and all the povs are really appreciated..you totally threw me for a loop cuz i thought edward would be the one to leave, not bella..love the twist and i can't wait for more
juniperwafted chapter 24 . 4/28/2009
Still enjoying although cringing at the angstiness and Bella's meltdown - more of Heidi to come or was this her moment? Curious as to Bella and Edward's inability to see this coming (especially given Jasper's certainty) and suspect it will be a shock to Edward to find her gone. Would very much like to read his out-take, please and thank you:D
Hollibell chapter 24 . 4/23/2009
Oh God!

Of course I'll hang in there, but damn! They really are all a mess, aren't they? And I totally got what meant with Bella, before the explanation. Don't fret, your doing an awesome job!

It is definitely killing me how you left things, though. I will watch my inbox patiently (yeah, right, lol) for your next update. Everyone pray to the internet gods that my connection does NOT mess up again, lol...
crazy chick to the nines chapter 24 . 4/20/2009
okay good job i bet that chapter was hard to write, but i am a lil confused as to what exactly bella is freaking out about can you explain?
layla6881 chapter 24 . 4/20/2009
i love! i love! you have added so much depth to these characters...truly a gifted writer! can't wait to see what Edward does to get Bella back ;)

now can i have my outtake? pretty please? :)
Kassiah chapter 24 . 4/19/2009
Rae for some reason I didn't see this update until today. And then to be mentioned in the A/N I just want to cry. Giving you a hug...

I really appreciate you explaining what is going on at the beginning. And I NEVER thought that the reason that Edward was the way he used to be could have been because of a girl.

I am so sorry for Edward that this is happening. For Bella, I don't know. It almost seems to me that she is doing this to herself. I cannot wait to find out what is going to happen, especially with Alice. And I am so glad that both Jasper and Bella asked Rosalie to come, even though she didn't. She knows she is in their "group" now if you will. I really love this story, thanks so much for writing it!
coco1984 chapter 24 . 4/17/2009
Bella's reaction seems a bit extreme. I understand she has abandonment issues and all that jazz, but it seems a bit excessive. Just an opinion, and as I do not have, nor do I know anyone with, said issues, it may not be a very educated one at that.
ny88 chapter 24 . 4/17/2009
wow great chapter, keep up the good work :D
keepingupwiththekids chapter 24 . 4/17/2009
I have missed you so much! I loved this - I needed kleenex! Please tell me E&B will have a HEA? I would love to read Edward's POV!
370 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »