Reviews for Girls and Boys Come Out to Play
Molly Dooker chapter 5 . 11/27/2010
that's just... Emmett.
Molly Dooker chapter 4 . 11/27/2010
Molly Dooker chapter 3 . 11/27/2010
can't wait for Bella's first day in school.
Molly Dooker chapter 2 . 11/27/2010
the hell? this is seriously good, yet the review count is comparatively low.
Molly Dooker chapter 1 . 11/27/2010
sounds interesting. i found a reccomendation on
Readandweep101 chapter 1 . 10/9/2010
Honestly, I'm a bit shocked. I mean the reviews were not much over 300 but the story is GREAT. Good job.
littleevilmonster chapter 8 . 9/15/2010
Ahhhh so Jasper has been telling Bella about Alice! He's probably been crushing on her for the longest time!

I noticed next chap is JPOV... getting right to it now!
littleevilmonster chapter 7 . 9/15/2010
I am HOOKED! I'm a J&A fan... but love Edward all the same. Can't wait to read more...
littleevilmonster chapter 3 . 9/15/2010
just red the first 3 chaps... good job so far!

a little confused though... bella asked jasper 'how's alice?' but i thought he had just met/spoken to alice on that same day, just before he left to pick up bella from forks?

guess i'll have to keep reading to find out, huh?
TaylorMa chapter 29 . 9/7/2010

First, I cannot tell you how much it means to me that you dedicated this chapter to me. I am truly touched. It has been an absolute pleasure sharing the G&B journey with you… as well as your other stories and future stories!

Secondly, I am once again convinced we function at the same frequency … I went on twitter for practically the first time since I signed up and saw that you had mentioned me in an old tweet ( I could not help but smile!) After seeing that I of course went back and read some of my crazy reviews thinking how much I miss G&B but I knew I had pushed you enough over the months to feed my addiction. But then what do you know about a week later you posted chapter 29! See… totally same frequency!

Is it really the end? I almost don’t want to read this chapter, yet I HAVE to see the completion of everyone’s growth. I want to feel the roller coaster of emotion that you always take me on.

So let’s begin the review…

I love that Alice is seeking the light; she is like a beautiful, delicate flower looking for nourishment. I can just picture a withered flower getting touching by the sun’s rays and springing back to life. Just as Ali is coming back to us! 2 sentences into my review and I am already starting my classic inarticulate rambling! But I know you are not surprised by my round about ways of saying things.

“bathing in cool freedom.” So appropriate a phrase because I’ve always felt that our resident energizer bunny was someone never to be confined or boxed in physically or emotionally. Therefore, of course she feels physical freedom leaving the hospital but I think she feels emotionally free of all the shit that has happen leading up to her time there. She now has the freedom to move forward with a fresh perspective on life.

OMG! Before I even finished reading “this year’s festivities were about family” I was thinking if it is about family… it’s the Fredmont family they have grown to be… the group that is the ultimate definition of family.

Everything about them is family. They fight, argue, care, ignore, take each other for granted, support without question and love unconditionally – even if they were not always aware of it. Because you better believe if anyone ever hurt or even thought about hurting a member of their family… that person or obstacle would have to entire crew to deal with. They would unselfishly defend each other. You’ve created characters with such depth and tangibility I can see anyone of them defending each and every other member of their family without even thinking about it. You never cease to amaze me!

Oh RAE. I should probably just take a moment and do one collective OMG I LOVE IT! For each line because I can already tell I am going to feel that way and I cannot not tell you when I love what you have written. )

OMG the entire third paragraph was PERFECTION! The always-consistent contradiction of Rosalie (the worried Mama bear and ultimate bitch) just GAH! Such a simple sentence yet it creates the perfect snapshot of Rose. And that of course Alice recognizes and loves that about Rose just reinforces why she is my Alice. Only Alice would find that “gloriously right” … its what makes her, her!

I have to take a quick moment to chide you for making me wait so long for my latest G&B fix… it was so worth the wait (it is fabulous!) but cruel non the less.

Anyway, back to the review.

Is it weird that I can totally see Rosalie becoming a fierce mom? She would be strict for sure but hell if she wouldn’t pamper you and smother you with love and affection. She would do anything for her kids… just as seems to be willing to do anything for her G&B family. I don’t think anyone could say they thought Rose had a maternal bone in her body when we first met her and now she has MOM written all over her! Damn RAE! Her evolution has been nice and steady through out but it still blows my mind!

Question. Do you have a direct link to my brain? Because a sassy 1950’s pin-up is definitely the epitome of Rose at least physically. She is encompasses all the 50’s stereotypes to me. She is the sassy pin-up and flaunts it! Right now she could be the ultimate 50’s housewife with her mothering of Alice… (I totally blame TV shows and movies for why I seem to equate 50’s housewife with an overly concerned mother that would hover over her sick patient!) You could put her picture up as Rosie the Riveter! (How appropriate is the name?) You better believe that she can do anything a man can do… and with more style! But we cannot forget that she is the modern bitchy ice queen (I mean that in the best way possible, it is not a bad thing!) Just look RAE! You have shown us every side of Rose and none of them seem false or forced or unrealistic she really is this wonderfully complex woman! FRAK! I have said it a million and one times but I really have loved, loved, loved her evolution but DAMN if this moment doesn’t just smack you in the face how much she has grown! LOVE IT!

And back to Alice… “Just two thoughts for myself and I’ve already almost had to be recommitted.” SO Ali. It’s always been either full speed into a wall or no speed at all for the energizer bunny. Thankfully she is learning there are more than 2 levels to function at! Granted I cannot truly blame her current impatience of wanted to get better. But you know that if it were anyone else that was in her position she would have all the patience in the world for them. Just reaffirms the family love of the G&B crew!

OMG! Just the way you say things … “clarity was a gift currently Out of Stock to me…” is amazing! Its what set G&B apart. I don’t know why I love that little phrase but it was adorably Alice. And I think that is what I love… you say everything as that character would, ITS AMAZING! Yes, I am getting repetitive but I am pretty sure that is going to continue to happen during this review.

As Alice relives her jump it breaks my heart, and it breaks my heart to say it needed to happen. Unfortunately it sometimes takes something dramatic or traumatic to get everyone to take a step back and reevaluate things. I just hate that it took her ending up in a coma! Again Energizer Bunnies and comas DO NOT mix!

I have to ask if your use of “universal truths” is a reference to Jane Austen, specifically Pride and Prejudice? Because it totally makes me think of the opening of P&P!

Effing A, RAE! If “There is beauty in differing loves and issues and priorities and endings” doesn’t capture the heart of G&B, nothing does! And lets just throw in an OMG for that entire paragraph because I cannot possibly add anything except to say I get it.

And you just throw more proof at us that it is about so much more than just one relationship… “It was that two-count punch…” it was good to see that Alice also acknowledged Edward; their friendship got lost for a little in all the upheaval.

I am so proud of Jasper’s persistence with Alice… You know I just adore A&J so I love seeing a happy ending.

“Well, inescapable when you’re an Alice-and-Jasper brand of lovers.” I LITERALLY screamed! A&J are a definition of love unto themselves; that sentence is just too true. They have such a unique love. Enough said.

I could not agree more with Alice’s statement “…but only because I’d chosen myself first…” Everyone has figured out that they have to have trust and faith in themselves, love themselves before they can build any kind of relationships.

Bella had to have Edward tell her she needs to do it for herself and so she is in the processes of discovering who the true Bella is and loving that person before she can share that love completely with Edward.

Edward didn’t jump. He had to find that strength from within and show himself, more than he needed to prove to Bella, that he really has become a man. The man Bella deserved and one worthy of her love.

Rosalie learned to rely on herself; she graduated early without anyone even knowing. She didn’t do it for anyone but herself and she recognized that accomplishment and it really allowed her to see how capable she was at so many things and that she is an incredibly strong woman.

Jasper REALLY has to learn this lesson and he did so in a rather painful way. He was so busy taking care of Bella and practically NEEDING to be her rock as a form of validation that he forgot that he didn’t need someone else in order to be a good and worthy person. He had a number of stumbles, bumps and bruises along the way but he did finally, albeit a little late, start to see that he just needs to be Jasper first and foremost. It really gives me the warm fuzzies seeing him become the guy I knew was lurking in there!

As the energizer bunny, Alice was almost going too fast to stop and take some “Alice time.” And as I mentioned earlier she needed to learn that there are more than on and off, there is a happy medium to function at! She has always known who she is but she needed to actually take some time to appreciate herself!

Emmett; he seemed to have to do the least amount of dramatic self discovery. I’ve always felt that we got a fair view of things from his POV. But I do believe he learned that while he’s great a being the stereotypically hot jock that he was capable of so much more depth. He was a frequently there emotionally for people when he would not be the person you would first think to turn to. (I.e. Alice when Edward wasn’t available) I don’t even think I can pin point when he had this revelation but I still think it gradually happened over time.

Okay this has to put into 2 reviews because I used to many characters... part 2 to follow!
watermelonjen chapter 29 . 9/5/2010
My heart is breaking for Edward...and

Bella a little, although I'm frustrated with her right now...she has the power to give me the HEA that I long for if she could just pull it together and let herself love and be loved by Edward. I'm still holding out for my happy ending. ;)
edwardsfavoritebrunette chapter 29 . 9/4/2010
Oh, my lucky number 29!

Very lovely writing, as usual. However, I definitely would have liked more dialogue. But I'm very grateful for the update anyway. I understand your personal style for writing is more description and less talking, as I undertand it. It's been a lovely, long journey with you and can't wait for the epi!
dazzled72 chapter 29 . 9/1/2010
I really missed this! Thanks for updating it!
laddymischief chapter 29 . 9/1/2010
"It's hard to encounter mutual need. In fact, it might be a fucking impossibility in this self-entitled world. If it does occur, often circumstances have to require it. It is rarely a product of choice."

this quote right here. just this quote...if nothing else, shows how much talent you have.

you are a pheominal writer, and youve managed to write something so utterly unique and facinating that i will rememeber it always. along with stories like Wide Awake, or How to Save A Life. stories with meaning and real human emotion and writers with exceptional talent.

i feel lucky to have been able to read your work. thankyou for sharing it.
LookUpAtTheSky13 chapter 29 . 9/1/2010
Yay, an update! I first started reading this over on twilighted what feels like years ago. I loved the dynamic between Bella and Jasper. Glad to see you're going to finish it!
370 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »