Reviews for We Two Kings
MCH chapter 1 . 11/18/2012
Great story and interesting written. Like this one about Edmund.
SeverusSnape'sDaughter chapter 1 . 12/20/2010
Extremely Well written. I love seeing this side of Edmund
WishesintheNightSky chapter 1 . 12/10/2010
This portrays the Just King's wisdom perfectly. (: Simple as that.
Taryn Streambattle chapter 1 . 9/22/2009
Sweet and sad.

They do meet again in Aslan's Country . .
RandomDream chapter 1 . 6/25/2009
I really do adore Edmund and all of his justice and wisdom. :) And I adore his interaction with Caspian even more.

Thanks.
celestial1 chapter 1 . 4/3/2009
Lovely! Very in character. I've been looking for a Caspian/Edmund friendship fic and yours is the only one I;ve seen so far, the rest is all slash. You've hit just the perfect tone here.
SpangleyPony chapter 1 . 12/21/2008
Nice idea I don't think anybodies focused on Edmund and Caspian's friendship and you get major points for not making it slashy
Ilada'Jefiv chapter 1 . 12/19/2008
Great job! I really liked it! I think there are not enough Edmund and Caspian friendship fics out there. This one was refreshingly amazing! Ila
ilysia chapter 1 . 12/19/2008
"Am I just meant to forget who I am in favour of the throne, then?"

"The throne is exactly who you are."

That's a very beautiful and insightful observation, being given to one king from another, and it really goes deep to the heart of the story. Caspian's doubts and anger and pride are all very well laid out against Edmund's wisdom and longing for a country that he can no longer help. Very well and beautifully done.
Love and Rock Music chapter 1 . 12/19/2008
Brilliant! This was very good. The first and middle parts dealing with Peter and Edmund's anxiety about Caspian were well done. I loved the image of Edmund skipping stones, and the matter-of-fact tone when he speaks of his betrayal shows an excellent understanding of his character. The paragraph where he describes being king after all he'd done was extremely well written.

"Then he is ashamed, because he has seen Edmund move closer to death than anyone ought in the name of Narnia." -I love this line, because as we all know, Peter and Edmund would give their very lives for Narnia, and Caspian isn't quite there yet. Which makes sense because he is new and young.

I think I liked the second half better, when Caspian and Edmund are old friends instead of new friends. The detail of Edmund thinking he plays a schoolmaster to Caspian was good (Goldwater anyone?), and I loved the resolution: you don't give up yourself for the throne, you are the throne. Very Edmund.

" 'I just have this feeling.' Edmund turns to face Caspian again. 'This is the only place I want to be. But I’m getting older. The further I go, more letters from home never arrive.' In that moment, he sounds decades older than he looks, and Caspian feels very much like an errant schoolboy." -Fantastic!

And the same line ending each half. . . Fabulous.

Caspian and Edmund - and I've never given much thought to this before - do have a certain similar dynamic, because they've both been made kings when they feel they don't deserve it. I think this story brought that out very nicely.

Just when the mountains of "Suspian" garbage are getting to be nearly enough to make one quit fan fiction altogether, a little well-written oneshot comes along to restore your faith. Great job!
Autumnia chapter 1 . 12/18/2008
This was a good story. I liked how you wrote Caspian and Edmund, the two of them seemed to very much in character with the books.