Reviews for Deliver Us from Ava
hondagirl chapter 1 . 2/3/2009
Aw. Aw. Aw. Aw. Aw. Aw. Aw.

I wonder how many times I can say that word before it starts to lose it's cuteness. Because this ending here, with Rory and her 'don't taint Luke" stanza made me smile. So thank you for that. I needed to smile today.

And I want to tell you how amazingly accurate I find your stories. This is what, number four, number five of your stories I've read and I like it just as much as I liked the other ones. Even though you might change the plot a bit and put Luke and Lorelai in different situationd then we are used to, you still keep them Luke and Lorelai. And for that I thank you because not many authors have the ability to do that.

As far as buying season 7 goes, don't feel too bad, I'm in the same exact boat. I've been a fan of GG since the pilot episode, it pretty much took me through my teenage years. And every year I would get the DVD set of whatever season had just ended for Christmas. And even though I hated season 6 and half watched season 7, my folks still got the DVD sets for me for Christmas. But this past weekend was the first time I opened up Season 7 since I got it over a year ago. I wanted to watch the last half, you know after the Christopher breakup and all. It wasn't AS bad as I thought it was. I mean, it was still bad, just not as horrible as I remembered. Of course, I have yet to watch any S6, regardless of the fact that I've had it sitting on my DVD shelf since December of 06. I just can't deal with that season at all, the Rory/Lorelai not talking kills me and the April storyline kills me as well. And I know I'm rambling right now but I just wanted to let you know that I don't mind you having all the seasons and not watch them because thats what I do as well. hehehehe

But I just wanted to say thank you for writing another great story. It seems I have found just the perfect person to get my Luke and Lorelai fix from. So thanks. :)

-honda
Elaine chapter 1 . 1/3/2009
My god, woman! How do you do this, every time? AMAZING! I love it when you update! Great, great story!
cywen69 chapter 1 . 1/2/2009
Another great story from one of my favorite writers. A bit tame for you, but it was really sweet. I loved all the inuendo that went on between them. It reminded me of them is s1 when they were in the hospital and the dinner afterwards. Great Job. Plus, you can never go wrong with a jealous Lorelai.

As for your s7 dvds, I don't blame you for getting them. I got mine when they went on sale like the first day. I got them for $35 at Target. I have yet watched them though. I can't stomach the season. I only got them to complete my set. LOL! I miss that show so much. I'm still holding out hope that a TV movie might happen. I'm still hoping for a third pretender movie too. LOL, I'm so pathetic.

Wendy
MAVDP chapter 1 . 12/25/2008
Loved it! Oh, the UST ... always makes a good story!

Here in Belgium it is now 2 am so time to sleep, but thanks to you I'll sleep happily ;)
Rkt chapter 1 . 12/24/2008
Oh, it cracked me up.

You've probably heard this too many times and find it wearing, but there's such wit and good heart in all your GG stories and it's wonderful to see you write more.

Happy holidays!
vaso.caskett chapter 1 . 12/21/2008
Jealous Lorelai i liked it :D:D I liked it a lot!

Loved also how Luke figured out that Lorelai was jealous and was playing her too.

For a moment i thought they would hook up but Lorelai would make Luke go out with Ava anyway and she would be even more jealous.

Once again great story. Keep them coming, i can't read enough of your stories because they are always unique :)
lancer1993 chapter 1 . 12/21/2008
Nice story, I like how they danced around each other, like on the show.
rice chapter 1 . 12/20/2008
As usual, AWESOME story! Please keep writing!
Jeremy Shane chapter 1 . 12/19/2008
good story
Copop chapter 1 . 12/19/2008
First of all, from my point of view you're not banned form the fan club.

I will buy seasoon 7 eventually. When it's cheaper here :P

Second: I am so afraid of myself right now. Because... I seem to have a special power.

Every time I point out 'aloud', meaning I write it in a forum or through messengers to other people, that I need another story from you, you will update, and I'm not kidding, that night (night, because I live in Europe and it's night when you post your stories).

And that really starts to freak me out so badly. I just don't know what to think about that and what's wrong with me.

Anyway, even if I freak you out now, I just wanted to let you know...

Review:

Loved the story of course, as usual.

I was so confused at first, didn't get what Lorelai wanted, but then I got this infamous fluttering in my belly and knew

this was going in the right direction. Well, duh

I loved how Lorelai initiated their first kiss, and kind of planned it. Or better said, figured it would happend any time soon. And of course Luke for being open to exploration for more ;)

I somehow wished Lorelai was the one being hurt, but that would have been too obvious and not as good as this version, I believe. So thanks for knowing better :D

You never tire of coming up with new ideas or scenarios, and I never tire of reading then. I am so willing to let you take me on a journey of the two Ls. I just hope there are still enough ideas to be found by you :)
Legion-X chapter 1 . 12/19/2008
Everything about this story was wonderful. I loved how Lorelai and Luke danced around each other in the diner. How Lorelai was set in her world view. How Luke inadvertently kept pushing her. Then how he was completely lost at her explanation, and then his anger/amusement when realization comes. Then later, before the date when Lorelai confesses her jealously to Sookie. And then during the date, with Luke and Lorelai in her office. And finally, the ending. Lorelai putting herself out there in her own way. Luke pushing her til she comes clean. And everything with Rory. It was serious, sweet, funny, and real all rolled into one. I loved it all. Every bit of dialogue. Every bit of description. I know I'll be reading this over and over again. Fantastic work.
Nogodsnomasters chapter 1 . 12/19/2008
Wow! You did it again, kid! If you played baseball the way you write L/L fanfiction, you'd be batting a thousand my friend.

I loved this from start to finish. I admit to being a little disappointed when I saw that it was rated T (and only for language)in the beginning, but I understand you have to mix things up. Hey the Coen brothers followed "No Country For Old Men" with a comedic caper, so I guess you're entitled. (Notice how I am including you in such illustrious company...):)

You deserve specific praise, so here goes: I love the way you turn a phrase. Your lines and description are so memorable. I love the wittiness and the precision of how you are able to describe Luke and Lorelai's peculiar "dance."

You also seem to have this uncanny ability to know just how much of a character's POV to add. In this story, you pulled back a bit before the final scene allowing the readers to have more of a surprise as to what Lorelai was going to say when she led Luke upstairs. It was sweet and satisfying!

Here are just a few of my favorite lines and passages (Unfortunately your clever use of italics won't show up.):

A knife would bend if it tried to slice through the tension. Luke wondered if she was satisfied with herself. All of that to prove a fucking point. They weren't in a movie, and that kind of stuff had ramifications that neither was ready to wrap their heads around. But Lorelai never thought that far ahead. It was obvious they had a weird relationship. But what kept things flowing was the silent agreement to never acknowledge it!

The system. Luke had no clue what the damn system was. But he got the gist. The gist was what led him to not ask anymore questions. She'd already taken conversation to a place that he never thought she would have. He didn't need any more reality checks. "Okay," he said.

She didn't even crack a smile, but on the inside, there were champagne corks flying everywhere.

He started to say 'I've lived through plenty of stings' but held back. Lord only knew where that would lead them.

They'd already landed and started building an estate on unfamiliar territory.

"Remember in school how they taught you to pick out the main topic in the sentence? You must have really sucked at that."

Her mouth almost started letting words out, but the sputtering brain filter caught them in time. So Luke didn't get to hear just how much of her Stars Hollow world would falter without him. She started to let him know, flat out, how his leaving wasn't even close to being an option. But the brain filter had gone from being cheap and sucky to top-of-the-line.

He smiled, pretending to take the compliment deeper. "Thanks."

Thanks again for sharing your wonderful talent!
fromcoldtofire chapter 1 . 12/19/2008
This was a really cute story. I enjoyed reading it :)
Sudi chapter 1 . 12/19/2008
yay. This story was just as great as all your others. thank you. I realy enyoyed reading this. its like an early christmas present ;)

Some parts were so funny I realy had to laugh, cant remember them in detail though ...

So keep writing, cause each one of your stories is just amazing.
thenightcheese chapter 1 . 12/19/2008
Whoohoo! It's like an early Christmas present! And it's so great to get a whole story at once!