Reviews for Fear and Trembling
loneknight1012 chapter 2 . 8/21/2010
not bad i thought the last re-write was fine
Doom Marine 54 chapter 2 . 8/21/2010
Good story so far, one thing though. If you could give Naruto a different personality then in your previous version of this fic that would be great. Maybe you could have him understand Shizune and help her through her misery but don't let him be all depressed and give him the "woe is me" attitude. The thing about Naruto's character is even though the odds have always been against him he's sucked it up and kept moving forward he doesn't let the villagers hate bother him and instead focuses on becoming stronger to earn their respect. He doesn't sit around moping about it. Though yes he does hold a bit of resentment he doesn't let that part of him control his actions.
Still Not Dead Yet chapter 2 . 7/18/2010
I never know someone could be so poetic about filth.

Interesting retrospectives on all the characters to.

It almost seems like Shizune is growing a backbone at the end.

I look forward to your next update!
Still Not Dead Yet chapter 1 . 7/10/2010
Shizune's a little cracked and understandably so. The worst part is the fact that Tsunade simply isn't truely evil, but definatly disturbed.

I look forward to your next update!
Dark Insomniacs chapter 1 . 7/9/2010
Amazing story please keep writing. When will Shizune's and Naruto's relationship going to start?
Gin of the wicked smile chapter 8 . 7/9/2010
i like the third scenario since it fit as something shizune would do and how she takes care of tsunade
The Elemental Dragon Emperor chapter 8 . 7/9/2010
Ya i pick number 3 and i hope you update soon
Still Not Dead Yet chapter 8 . 1/13/2010
i vote for number 3 and am looking forward to it also it helps explain her tolerance for tsnade
Thoughts13 chapter 8 . 7/8/2009
Hey, really enjoying your story. The speech that the ANBU member gave was... enlightening to say the least. There's a mature tone in your style of writing that I rather like, there hasn't been much dialogue, but I have lost no love. The introspective nature of this story intrigues me. Write on!
RI100014 chapter 5 . 7/1/2009
I like how you portrayed Shizune. It's interesting. Her depressing monologue is something I've never really seen before. In fact it's pretty safe to say most of the time Shizune is not even considered by most character writers to be much of an interest. She's used typically for gags, quick quirps about Tsunade's binge drinking, and mostly besides those two, a nice wallflower seesawing around the Hokage Tower.

It's interesting to see her take center stage and to realize how simple and boring her life might really turn out to be. And how perhaps she's very down on herself for taking it as the only option she's ever had. Dutiful, yet sad.

I have always found her keen interest in Naruto to be something of a mystery. You could easily say she's being overprotective of him, yet there has never been a reflection from her point of view, of him as a younger sibling or brother. Obviously they grew close during the Tsunade Retrieval Arc, and he gained a lot of respect and admiration from her for turning around his opinion on Tsunade and desiring to show the woman, through mastering the Rasengan, that the future wasn't cursed, and happiness in life could be found again if only you really try for it. And it could be said that it was his conviction and determination to save Lady Tsunade that won Shizune over and gained her sympathy, concern, and trust. Because if you remember, it was Shizune, the only person of the three, that voiced her concern about sending Naruto on such dangerous missions as the Gaara rescue. Neither Tsunade or Sakura said anything to the contrary. Which, yes, it could be said they trusted his ability and resolve more than she did but she was the only person to voice caution in lieu of forward action. It's key moments like that which make me wonder if among the three core females in Naruto's life, Shizune is the one most concerned for his health and well-being. And that perhaps Tsunade and Sakura are a little too careless with how far the boy can push himself, and how resilient he seems to be to shoving himself over the edge.

They obviously are concerned about him, and in no way am I saying they are naive or refusing to accept the truth, but their actions speak of their dedication to their job, and it's completion, above the welfare of Naruto, or even other ninja. It's the hard truth of leading or being paired with people that must be put in harms way for things to be done. Something Shizune, as an outside party in most cases, is free to do without sometimes. She can worry about things she can't control and people, Naruto, who she can't protect.

I hope to see more of this story, I really do. I know it's not getting much recognition but I hope you won't allow that to get you down. I'm finding of late alot of uncelebrated stories that have really caught my eye with their vivacious opinionated views of the characters within the series. And it's really opened my eyes and made me question a few of the 'what ifs' over the course of the main story. Independent thinking, after all, is awesome.

I hope to see this updated again soon.

Till next time... adios.
interesting chapter 8 . 6/26/2009
I tried it in another of my stories (hint: you should read it. It’s called Anko the Wanderer

Honestly why the fuck would we want to read an abuse story full of this shit. Are you retarded or something. Out of those shitty scenarios, put the third you imbecile. Nobody except the freaks and those here without a fucking life likes the abuse stories, and fuck no I wont read that other shitty story
Holyriot chapter 6 . 6/14/2009
Good story, good backstory.
Doom Marine 54 chapter 7 . 5/30/2009
Shizune is alive again huura! Hopefully you'll update your story now. Please
BladeMaster357 chapter 7 . 5/26/2009