Reviews for Different
ASF13957 chapter 1 . 11/18/2010
Wow, this is a really interesting story. I enjoyed it; not many stories address the issue of differing religions in Harry Potter. Bravo.
Daughter Of Poseiden chapter 1 . 9/26/2010
I loved that. Idk no if ur Muslim or not, but if ur not thanks so much for not thinking that all Muslims were like the stereo types
WishfulThinkin21 chapter 1 . 8/3/2010
I just love Lupin for that :D I'm a muslim, my hair maybe open, i might not pray or i might no be drk skinned but that doesn't changes peoples view.
Don-Jam chapter 1 . 8/1/2010
You did Adelah feeling well and that seems like something that Lupin do.
Ema2010 chapter 1 . 6/21/2010
wow, i love this snippet. you should definately continue. im teh only muslim at an all girls catholic hs, and this story seirously can relate to me! beautiful and simple! great job!
shadowontherun chapter 1 . 5/29/2010
really nice little one shot! one of the only ones I've seen on fanfiction, you should keep going! :)
TheWizardsHarry chapter 1 . 5/20/2010
Hey! I liked this little snippet. I honestly found out about this because someone referred to my own fic (about a Christian fundamentalist who learns that she's a witch) as 'nearly identical' to this.

You came first, obviously, but even so that person does not know what they're talking about. Yours is a short character piece about a girl strong in her faith dealing with feeling out of place, whereas mine's a longer story about a girl whose faith makes her think Hogwarts is evil.

In the way of critique, you do 'tell' an awful lot instead of showing. Perhaps you could rewrite some passages to remedy that? I dunno, your story.
inknomad chapter 1 . 5/14/2010
This is cool.

I wanna see what happens. :]

Update soon? 3
Rurucadooloo chapter 1 . 3/23/2010
This is really ood. i loved it. you should wite other small oneshots about this girl's life! I would definately read it.
ftim chapter 1 . 2/7/2010
lol , I searched for the word Muslims to see what stories were out there. This is kind of good Dawah ;)
Lirael chapter 1 . 11/1/2009
Great work. I'm a Native Canadian Muslim, so I know how it feels.
Lady Vyxen chapter 1 . 10/17/2009
I liked this story very much and it's nice as a one-shot but it would be nice if you continued it. I wonder why there were so few "different" ones in Hogwarts? I myself am fascinated with foreign cultures and people who are not like me.
sunshinefarah chapter 1 . 7/18/2009
I loved it! So true, and really conveyed what many Muslims feel. Good work!
Shahzadi chapter 1 . 6/11/2009
Lol being an American Muslim myself I can relate to this. I like how you took the life of a teenage Muslim as a minority and so smoothly put that scenario in the Hogwarts setting. Yeah, Professor Lupin would definitely be the "cool" teacher who would offer his room for prayers. I think you should continue this-not really as a full-length story, but more snippets of Adelah in other situations that concern her faith and society's attitude towards it. Maybe some of the interaction she would have with some other students. That would be fun to read (;

Again, great job! (:

-I
Tari Tinuviel chapter 1 . 5/9/2009
omg- I loved this so much! So beautifully written... bravo!
52 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »