Reviews for A Highschool Girl in the Scarlet Pimpernel's World
MaryChapel chapter 8 . 4/27/2015
This was really funny! Thank you so much!
Hildegaarde chapter 8 . 10/4/2014
Well put! An engaging little story with a moral I can appreciate; my grandfather first recommended The Scarlet Pimpernel to me at the age of 11 (home educated, advanced reader!) but, put off by the title, I never bothered until 4 years later when my Dad and I watched the Anthony Andrews/Jane Seymour movie together. Of course after that I had to read everything Orczy I could lay my hands on!

You're a good writer with an enjoyable way of telling a story, and I hope I get to read more from you in future. Best wishes!
Toaofwriting chapter 8 . 12/1/2013
Wonderful! Amazingly done. Now you've come up with the idea, I'm thinking of maybe forming a League myself with my friends! (Sssh!)
Great story, great idea. Overall, well done.
Fleur24 chapter 8 . 5/6/2011
Yep THe Scarlet Pimpernel is one of the most awesome books out there today!
Fleur24 chapter 7 . 5/6/2011
This is awesome!

I love how Percy knew that Jen recognized that he was the Scarlet Pimpernel!

"""Oh, my, gosh," she said out loud without realizing she had spoken.

Sir Percy turned and surveyed her with his eyeglass. Jen could tell that he knew she had recognized him, and he gave her an almost imperceptible nod, an unspoken request for her to remain silent on the subject. An inane smile spread itself across his face and he said, "Sink me! If that isn't a quaint little saying! And I really must ask you who your tailor is! My wife should like to know I'm sure. A gown of such beauty I see only perhaps once a week."" HAHA first the giggling girls now Sir Percy likes her modern saying!
holly7tree chapter 8 . 11/28/2010
oh my! or should I say "Sink Me!" lol I love it :) it's funny and it portrays Percy SO well. Thank you for sharing that with us. I like you idea.

~Fayt
Shojobaby chapter 8 . 6/3/2010
This story is awesome! Jen is such a believable character, and I was laughing pretty much at every turn. I want to start a league! I repeat: This story is awesome!
Char chapter 8 . 4/8/2010
This was a super cute story. Thank you for writing it! I will never understand how people can dislike that book.
EclecticElegance chapter 8 . 1/10/2010
I really, really enjoyed this story! I have always wanted to "get into" or dream I was in one of my favorite books (and the Scarlet Pimpernel is one of my top favorites!). I could totally sympathize with Jen's tears at the end. She is such a typical high school girl all the way through. Very good character!

I hope you write more like this!

P.S. Reading your story, I wished I could be rescued like that! :)
Corey chapter 8 . 4/21/2009
I love your story. I am obsessts about The Scarlet Pimpernel books, movies and the musical. Which is why I started reading fan fiction. Thanks for a great story.
HollyFire chapter 8 . 4/18/2009
Great story :)
Pimpernel Princess chapter 8 . 2/14/2009
This makes me wish that I had a chapter of the league...

I loved it-especially Margie, the nurse. I wish we could have been introduced to Dr. Blake!

Thanks for a great fic!

PP
Pimpernel Princess chapter 7 . 2/14/2009
Oh my Gosh- I loved it. You tied in the events from the book so well. Have you by chance seen the 1934 movie? I thought I detected a little osmosis of it into this work. Well done again!
Pimpernel Princess chapter 6 . 2/14/2009
Gah! I want Jen's dresses. You've awoken the dormant Disney damsel inside of me. And a Sir Percy/Prince Charming to save me from my troubles.

I loved the conversation between Percy and Jen. Poor Percy *sniffles* what did he ever do to deserve this? I just want to hug him.

Well done-I'll read the next chappies pronto!
Baroness Emma chapter 8 . 2/11/2009
That. . .

Was great.

It flowed really, really well! I didn't even go "huh?" when it became clear the Jen's adventure was pre-TSP reconciliation. It all just made perfect sense.

Percy is great, and Jen's changes of opinion about clothes just made me grin. Having been in a properly fastened corset myself a few times, I can attest that they are not uncomfortable, and if worn with a dress that is well made, they can be GORGEOUS!

Oh, and as for -

“Oh my gosh?” Jen replied. The girls giggled again.

“That is simply the funniest phrase ever!” one of the girls said. “What does it mean?”

“It means, um, that I’m shocked, I guess.”

“We must all learn it!”

Well, there's really only one thing I have to say.

OMG!

XD

Truly, this was fun! Don't worry about it not being super-over-the-top funny, because it was a real story, with real characters, and no one real is hilariously funny ALL the time. The interludes of personal interaction just made it better, and Jen's transformation made it a joy.

Long live the Scarlet Pimpernel! (and that has nothing to do with zits!)