Reviews for Single Handedly
sslin chapter 14 . 3/27
Where have you disappear into?
TMI Fairy chapter 1 . 11/12/2015
Elves get infections?
Knife? Not saw?
Borys
Alecta chapter 14 . 10/25/2015
A beautiful story. There is not enough stories about the sons of FĂ«anor. I hope you'll update, don't abandon this piece of work. :)
Zammy chapter 14 . 6/8/2015
This is a truly beautiful story so far, Maedhros definitely deserves happiness in his tormented life. I really hope you will update this story and leave it not to be left unfinished. This story is just simply beautiful and I love how dear Maitimo is still able to speak with his beloved mother, I wish to see further how Kalin will effect this fiery soul.
missiongirl87 chapter 14 . 5/20/2015
This is such a good story! I hope to see an update soon! ;)
Guest chapter 14 . 2/28/2015
Please keep going with this story! I really love it and can't wait to see what happens next!
Guest chapter 1 . 2/15/2015
This is lovely. Bravo.
Tylluan Wen chapter 14 . 11/20/2014
What a lovely story! I read the first 10 chapters in one sitting until 3 am and then the rest today. I hope you keep on posting updates, this is wonderful. I love your characterisations of the 7 brothers and your OC is also very well written. Can't wait to read chapter 15.
Love, TW
Qeani chapter 14 . 11/17/2014
You updated! I have been waiting for this for quite some time, and I have to say that the wait was most definitely worth it! :)
Dimrilla chapter 14 . 11/17/2014
First of all, I have to remark that I read this story until 2 am last night, and only left the four remaining chapters for today because I knew that otherwise I won't be able to work properly...

In other words: the story is good.

I love Feanorians, the "C-trio" included, so I was delighted to find a story where all of them were pictured, and where the author had given justice to Celegorm and Curufin.
They were not monsters, especially not in the beginning, before the whole Nargothrond-affair, as many ff-authors tend to portray them.

(I have a gut feeling that You would be able to write a good AU-story about Celegorm and Luthien, in which the first would be the positive figure, and win the lass from that annoying vegetarian Beren :-))

But back to the "Single Handedly" (btw. The title is priceless...) - I cannot wait to see what will happen when Mirluiniel's origin is revealed. (Caranthir knows, doesn't he?). Fluff is good, but a bit of angst will be an even better thing. I can only imagine Thingol's reaction... Ooops.

I don't know which year the story takes place in, except it's during The Long Peace, but I'd haphazard a guess that Dagor Bragollach is not far away. And only 18 years after Bragollach there is Nirnaeth, and after Nirnaeth... the sack of Doriath (and being an evil woman, I can just imagine all the drama connected with it, and Mirluiniel's heartbreak...)

I have only two doubts concerning the story:
1) You referred to Nerdanel's talk with Feanor about leaving Amras with her - and then You've let him live through the burning of ships at Losgar. I've always found those two things connected... (but on the other hand, this story is AU anyway, so I can accept that papa Feanor din't burn him somehow.)
2) Celebrimbor. Shouldn't he be older? I mean, adult? It is said in "The shibboleth of Feanor" that the only children in the third generation after Finwe to go into exile were Idril and Orodreth. No mention of Celebrimbor, so he must have been considered an adult already. Aside from the fact that I consider Orodreth to be Finrod's brother not nephew, still the children of Feanor were much elder than the children of Fingolfin and Finarfin, so it's likely that their children (in this case one child: Celebrimbor), also were elder. I'd say Celebrimbor must have been a grown up elf when leaving Aman.

Mistakes:
I've noticed that several times You called the Sun Laurelin and the Moon Telperion. This is not correct. Those were the names of the Two Trees of Valinor. The Sun is Anar, and the Moon is Isil. You could eventually also use Laurelin's Fruit for the Sun and Telperion's Flower for the Moon.

The correct name of the language of the Noldor is Quenya, not Quenyan. So "He spoke in quenya", not "He spoke in quenyan".

But those are just small things. In general I've enjoyed this story a lot and will be looking out for next chapters.
The Lead Mare chapter 12 . 8/8/2013
Oh my god the pun. The pun in the title.
bewarethemare chapter 12 . 8/5/2013
The twins are adorable! And I really like your writing style! Stayed up till one AM reading this...
Luckynumber28 chapter 12 . 6/24/2013
The twins are so freaking adorable! I hope you plan on updating with a new chapter at some point in the future, this has been such an enjoyable read!
Luckynumber28 chapter 8 . 6/24/2013
Yay! My main man Caranthir made an appearance. You're doing him so well too! *sigh* I don't know why, I just love that guy...
Luckynumber28 chapter 3 . 6/24/2013
I am really enjoying your story and I have to say; this is actually endearing Celegorm and Curufin to me. I usually can't stand them but in your story, I pretty much love them, especially Celegorm. Love it!